Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

29 degrees possible May 28th.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭pauldry

Actual 26c Newport and Mt Dillon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

It's just under 23 in my garden.
    Bit of a breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

25.0°c in West Clare, high cloud spoiling what the temperatures could have been

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Hovering around 25c here too the last while. No real change. Cumulus actually trying to convect further at the moment but failing. If only there was a bit more instability in the atmosphere - would have made for an interesting evening.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

4pm:

26 C - Mount Dillon, Sligo Airport.
    25 C - Athenry, Belmullet, Casement, Claremorris, Custume Barracks, Finner, Newport.

Donegal took a nosedive between 15:30 and 16:00, from 25 to 22 C, coinciding with a windshift from a southeasterly quadrant to a westerly one (sea breeze).

METAR EIDL 281430Z 15009KT 120V190 CAVOK 25/14 Q1028=
    METAR EIDL 281500Z 28005KT 170V340 CAVOK 22/16 Q1028=

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

not sure we'll make it to 27C today, a few of the stations have gone down by a degree or so in the past hour with sea breezes. Currently 24C here in Meath, our warmest day of the year so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Gonzo wrote: »
    not sure we'll make it to 27C today, a few of the stations have gone down by a degree or so in the past hour with sea breezes. Currently 24C here in Meath, our warmest day of the year so far!

We definitely didn’t hit t in Limerick today, topped out about 24/25 max but nowhere near 28. Hopefully tomorrow gets one up on it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

4pm:

25 C - Athenry, Belmullet, Casement, Claremorris, Custume Barracks, Finner, Newport.

Donegal took a nosedive between 15:30 and 16:00, from 25 to 22 C, coinciding with a windshift from a southeasterly quadrant to a westerly one (sea breeze).

26,6 at Mt Dillion likely maxed out now

4pm:

The 26.8c max in my back yard not too inaccurate for a cheapo weather station

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

Gonzo wrote: »

I’m loving the fact that we are warmer than London today. London only 21 C. Dublin is 23 C and much warmer as we know further west.

• Advertisement

Finner now top at 5 pm:

26 °C - Finner
    25 °C - Belmullet, Casement, Custume Barracks, Claremorris, Derry Airport, Mount Dillon, Newport, Sligo Airport

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Finner 26c at 5pm.

Breeze has stopped the AWS rising further than 24.3°c recorded earlier here in south Laois. Will check the manual thermometers later.

My back yard went back to 26.6c but not 26.8c again but now 24.7c

Have thermometer about 3 metres up and it gets all the wind and is covered by the yoke that stops sun making it 40c

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭Dickie10

going to be one of those beautiful evenings where you get in your car at 10:30 tonight and its 20 on the temp gaauage, very few times a year that happens

6 pm

25 °C - Finner, Mount Dillon, Donegal Airport, Sligo Airport
    24 °C - Belmullet, Casement, Claremorris, Custume Barracks, Derry Airport, Mullingar, Newport.

Donegal Airport now back up to 25 °C as the wind swings back to 170 ° (the beach is to its west).

ETAR EIDL 281700Z AUTO 17011KT CAVOK 25/14 Q1027=

7 pm

Sligo Airport still 25 degrees, Donegal Airport 24, Newport, Mount Dillon, etc. 23 and below.

METAR EISG 281700Z AUTO 15008KT 110V200 CAVOK 25/13 Q1026=
    METAR EIDL 281800Z AUTO 16011KT CAVOK 24/15 Q1026=

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Provisionally 25.7C at Casement is a new May record for the station beating previous of 24.9C on 23 May 2010.

Max exact temperatures at the synop stations today:

25.9 - Finner
    25.7 - Casement, Mullingar
    25.6 - Belmullet
    26.3 - Claremorris
    25.0 - Gurteen
    24.5 - Oak Park
    25.0 - Magilligan No. 2
    24.6 - Castlederg
    24.3 - Knock
    24.2 - Shannon, Thomastown
    24.1 - Belfast Aldergrove
    24.0 - Mace Head
    23.6 - Portglenone
    23.3 - Ballyhaise
    23.0 - Valentia
    21.9 - Glennane
    22.4 - Lough Fea
    21.0 - Ballypatrick Forest
    20.7 - Dublin Airport
    20.0 - Johnstown Castle
    19.9 - Cork Airport
    18.5 - Sherkin Island
    18.3 - Malin Head
    17.8 - Roches Point

Still nearly 25c in Sligo at 810pm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Jean Byrne mentioned max reached of 27c on Six One weather on RTE. I don't know which weather station though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Very warm here around Tralee late afternoon getting up to 24.4C and still grand at 18.8C if somewhat windy out here near the coast, steady brisk breeze all day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

amazing evening at Dunshaughlin, still 21c as the sun is going down, it's going to be a warm night!

Next few days should get to 24C in most places. Sea breezes could be a bit more an issue next few days but still low 20's for the majority of the country between now and Monday. A peach of a weekend for the whole country, enjoy it while we have it!

ongarboy wrote: »
    Jean Byrne mentioned max reached of 27c on Six One weather on RTE. I don't know which weather station though.

It was Siobhán and she just said Roscommon (so Mount Dillon).

A degree or two lower tomorrow in a bit more high cloud, with a frontal band pushing close to the west coast. Malin Head could be the warmest tomorrow as winds turn more southerly.

Of no value to anyone but checked half hourly data from my own station (for today since 5am up to 8pm) and compared it the Met Eireann 'WOW' station just outside the other side of town, and I am impressed with the reasonable accuracy of my own, particularly during this warm day. My max of 25.6c was reached just after 2.40pm.

MMJpOEm.png

Orange = my station
    Blue equals = Wow station.

PS, the chart is a mess and all over the place as generated in a rush, ignore markers and times on bottom of chart.

New Moon

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Of no value to anyone but checked half hourly data from my own station (for today since 5am up to 8pm) and compared it the Met Eireann 'WOW' station just outside the other side of town, and I am impressed with the reasonable accuracy of my own, particularly during this warm day. My max of 25.6c was reached just after 2.40pm.

Orange = my station
    Blue equals = Wow station.

PS, the chart is a mess and all over the place as generated in a rush, ignore markers and times on bottom of chart.

Nice graph. Is the other station a private garden or what's its siting like? It was notably cooler than yours overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Another two May records possibly with a notable quirk for Mullingar having observed both a new May min and May max in the same month.

https://twitter.com/kilkennyweather/status/1266131878949654528?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

pauldry wrote: »
    The 26.8c max in my back yard not too inaccurate for a cheapo weather station

26.8 peak here in Roscommon as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

A beautiful 19.4c peak in Arklow with the refreshing sea breeze
    I couldn't work too well on the farm in a dead heat 26c or 27c to be honest
    Expecting a similar temperature profile here on the east coast today
    Low of 8.6c here last night

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Mortelaro wrote: »
    A beautiful 19.4c peak in Arklow with the refreshing sea breeze
    I couldn't work too well on the farm in a dead heat 26c or 27c to be honest
    Expecting a similar temperature profile here on the east coast today
    Low of 8.6c here last night

Even sitting out in it. On the one hand I often feel jealous for some reason when I hear about the potential for 28-30º in the midlands or out west during heatwaves because the east coast is always cooler with the Irish Sea maritime influence in those scenarios....yet in 2018 for example when it was 26ºc and not outrageous humidity either here in Bray, I sat out in the Sun and lasted literally 1 minute before I said 'F this heat!!' and went back inside where it was cooler. :D So why exactly is my first instinct to be jealous of 28-30ºc ??? LOL :D

• Advertisement

Nice graph. Is the other station a private garden or what's its siting like? It was notably cooler than yours overnight.

I have never seen it but have a rough idea where it is located and it is located in what seems to be reclaimed bog land near some sort of waterworks place. Very prone to those rising evening mists and overnight fogs. I might take a cycle out there over the weekend and see if I can take a couple of shorts of it. My own station in not ideally located (middle of housing estate!) and stands at 14ft high in order to grab as much of the 'ambient' air flow as possible, so temps at night esp not going to correspond with the Met station all that well. Not that I check that WOW site all that much anyway as it is so buggy to load and crashes half the time when trying too.

New Moon

Advertisement