Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

29 degrees possible May 28th.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Calibos wrote: »
    Even sitting out in it. On the one hand I often feel jealous for some reason when I hear about the potential for 28-30º in the midlands or out west during heatwaves because the east coast is always cooler with the Irish Sea maritime influence in those scenarios....yet in 2018 for example when it was 26ºc and not outrageous humidity either here in Bray, I sat out in the Sun and lasted literally 1 minute before I said 'F this heat!!' and went back inside where it was cooler. :D So why exactly is my first instinct to be jealous of 28-30ºc ??? LOL :D

It is nice to get some warmth now and again, but more often than not, I end up being jealous of those who live near the coast in summer because it is nearly always cooler there. Temperatures of 25c plus are over-rated in my opinion.

New Moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    I have never seen it but have a rough idea where it is located and it is located in what seems to be reclaimed bog land near some sort of waterworks place. Very prone to those rising evening mists and overnight fogs. I might take a cycle out there over the weekend and see if I can take a couple of shorts of it. My own station in not ideally located (middle of housing estate!) and stands at 14ft high in order to grab as much of the 'ambient' air flow as possible, so temps at night esp not going to correspond with the Met station all that well. Not that I check that WOW site all that much anyway as it is so buggy to load and crashes half the time when trying too.
    Is it a met station or a private station?
    Most of the wow sites are private stations
    I'm rural so do dip at night moreso than the town near me but close enough to the sea to get a full on uninterrupted sea breeze which can get up to 30 or 40kmph at its strongest
    Its always enough when going to bring in a marine layer which settles despite the sunshine
    The location here also means a southerly is a sea breeze as well as E, NE and SE, so we really only see high temps if there's a sw, w or nw
    However unlike well inland, there has to be moving air to advect and moving air is mixed air, so while it would warm here considerably, it would still be more moderate heat than still inland heat
    Highest temp I've had here was 27.4c
    On that occasion, there was no breeze at all or just a very light land breeze
    It was insufferable as we were putting tyres on a silage pit at the time in summer 18
    Luckily it was one day only

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Is it a met station or a private station?
    Most of the wow sites are private stations

Nearest WOW station to me is a Met Eireann station:

https://wow.metoffice.gov.uk/observations/details/20200529mcr9qqpbtce6in5tyyb96smudo

Very Arklowesque type weather here at the moment, bright, dry and surprisingly breezey. Feels far more bearable than yesterday (so far anyway)

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Danno wrote: »
    Finner 26c at 5pm.

Breeze has stopped the AWS rising further than 24.3°c recorded earlier here in south Laois. Will check the manual thermometers later.

Stevenson's screen thermometers recorded 24.6°c yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭Comhrá

L2yHpFK

Advertisement