Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxing Thread 11/12 (Joshua-Pulev, McKenna Brothers, Top Rank/PBC Cards in US)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Big of a sneaky tweet by Bellew saying that "one thing is for sure that the only thing that will stop Fury from fighting on is the doctor". To be fair to Dubois, his eye was far worse and there wasn't a violin from the doctor. Doctor should have stopped his fight when his eye ballooned up.

By the looks of the two of them I can't see this lasting long.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Nice one, main event coming shortly

God the American commentary on this is some joke. Fair play to the guy for fighting on in spite of his multiple cartoon falls.

It’s hard to listen to the hype that the UK commentators attach to UK fighters, and it’s generally best ignored but Okolie is living up to it here, must keep an eye on him, great to watch, nice style

• Advertisement

It’s hard to listen to the hype that the UK commentators attach to UK fighters, and it’s generally best ignored but Okolie is living up to it here, must keep an eye on him, great to watch, nice style

Watch his fight against Chamberlain, you wont come away with the same opinion. Usually his fights are similar to a Khabib UFC fight, lots and lots of embracing.

Hard to believe that Polish opponent was unbeaten. He was immensely brave though.

Come on Gabi, you're on ffs.

Watch his fight against Chamberlain, you wont come away with the same opinion. Usually his fights are similar to a Khabib UFC fight, lots and lots of embracing.

Hard to believe that Polish opponent was unbeaten. He was immensely brave though.

A lot of credit given to Shane Mcguigan in the post fight interviews for changing his approach to striking without clinching, new approach for him apparently.

He seems to have a personality that could be difficult to stay focused, but he’s going in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

He was stopped in a few rounds in a previous fight, however both him and his oppnent tested positive for performance enhancing drugs.

A lot of credit given to Shane Mcguigan in the post fight interviews for changing his approach to striking without clinching,

Yeah no problem with his performance tonight, to be fair to the guy.
    Big Ears wrote: »
    both him and his oppnent tested positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Oh right, I was wondering about that D that I saw on boxrec :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Sorry for asking a question that has no doubt already been asked but what time is main event?

Sorry for asking a question that has no doubt already been asked but what time is main event?

penultimate fight just finished, main event about to start ring walks shortly.

Predictions?

I watched a bit of AJ’s training and he looks a lot more prepared than he did for the Ruiz fight, I think he has a lot more respect for Pulev and will be cagey and cautious for a few rounds hoping to avoid Pulev at his strongest, then from rounds 4/5 on he will take over for a stoppage inside 10.

But if pulev pulls a big upset out of the bag I hope the camera goes straight to Hearn crying

Floyd is above masks apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Expecting a Joshua KO in the early to mid rounds. Pulev made to order for him. Tall, stiff and doesn't set a high pace. My only worry is Joshua still fighting spooked and jabbing his way to the latter rounds. Needs to make a statement tonight imo and get Pulev out of there as early as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Morrison J wrote: »
    Expecting a Joshua KO in the early to mid rounds. Pulev made to order for him. Tall, stiff and doesn't set a high pace. My only worry is Joshua still fighting spooked and jabbing his way to the latter rounds. Needs to make a statement tonight imo and get Pulev out of there as early as possible.

Exactly how I see it. Reckon round 4. Pulev is made to make AJ look good.

Yeah no problem with his performance tonight, to be fair to the guy.

Oh right, I was wondering about that D that I saw on boxrec :pac:

He did look good tonight, albeit against limited opposition who was hurt very early.

Ya that was a draw against a 9-9 journeyman, the clue to what level he's really at !

Joshua should get this done within 6 unless he fights very conservatively.
    Tbh it's been 6 or 7 years since I've been impressed by Pulev, now he's just an old man getting his last chance off some tame wins !

Be interesting to see how Joshua comes out. He looked scared in the rematch against Ruiz and tried to keep it at distance.

Are the fans not meant to be further apart? 2 metres like the soccer fans?

you would have thought that they would have done away with the Tale Of The Tape after the Ruiz fight.

Here we go, ring walks about to start. ding ding. Cue Diamante.

That’s some mane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Jaysus, the lack of masks at an indoor event is nuts !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Goose81

How cringey is this sky love in, like shut the **** up Joshua . I hope he gets battered

Jaysus, the lack of masks at an indoor event is nuts !!!!

More people with their heads stuck in their phones than in a mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Can someone please PM me a stream for the fight?
    TIA.

I've been listening to the DAZN commentary......it's brutal tbh.
    However as mentioned it's a choice between that and Sky's cheerleading of Matchroom fighters.

No matter which commentary you've been listening to, I think it's a must to avoid Sky for the main event. ''Lift off for AJ !!!!!'', and claims he's the greatest Heavyweight of all time will be the calls after he destroys a shot Pulev.

Joshua looks good, looks calm and confident.

My 50 euro hangs in the balance :-(

Jesus they need to shorten this introduction/walkout nonsense in boxing. Takes far too long, even had a slow motion highlight of AJ walking down the ramp that just happened a few seconds earlier. Embarrassing stuff really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

The first min has been like synchronised dancing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Goose81

Joshua looks good, looks calm and confident.

My 50 euro hangs in the balance :-(

Eh, he looks nervous and dodgy as **** mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,721 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Hope he boxes him in the belly .

Advertisement