Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastway/Parcel Connect

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

What if it was bin day?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Cessna_Pilot

deisemum wrote: »
    I've lost count of the number of posts I've seen posted on various sites about that courier company not bothering to even call to doors but going straight to dustbins and putting deliveries in them and the driver signing for them themselves.

I work from home and we have regular deliveries via a few different companies and I've seen the driver pull up go straight to the bin without even approaching my house and drop the package in it. I went out and asked him why he was putting it in the bin, he barefaced lied and said he'd knocked and no one answered and he then got thick with me when I told him he hadn't come near the house that I was looking out the window when he pulled up.

OP in you case I wouldn't let it go.

Towards the end of last month I was expecting a delivery from the Uk, seller used (I would say uses but they have assured me they wont again) the aforementioned courier. Package was not urgent at all, but after about ten days I thought it was time to find out what was going on.
    On their tracking site, there was "8 delivery attempts" noted, and multiple calls made to my mobile phone noted aswell...all of which never happened, tracking site said the package was returned to sender and they never got it back either!
    They resent my order with DHL, no issues whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Pricks .....the lot of them .....

I also work in a large warehouse where I deal a lot with couriers and most are sound but now and again they sign their own delivery s .

One such company had a workers signature on parcel we couldn't locate that was very expensive for our customer ..... we asked company for POD ( proof of delivery) and the signature was guy at work who was in hospital having knees operated on .. ...

We got replacement sent out but nothing was ever done about it . Driver still calls ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

I would see my solicitor on principle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

That Fastway crowd are awful. Was verbally abused by one of their couriers on my doorstep over a delivery - complained to Littlewoods and cancelled the rest of the order because I didn't want the same intimidating bastard calling.

A bin as a safe delivery? :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I also work in a large warehouse where I deal a lot with couriers and most are sound but now and again they sign their own delivery s .

One such company had a workers signature on parcel we couldn't locate that was very expensive for our customer ..... we asked company for POD ( proof of delivery) and the signature was guy at work who was in hospital having knees operated on .. ...
    I've a similar situation in work. A lot of the deliveries would be for me, but if the lad in the warehouse isn't around, a certain courier signs for it himself (and on at least one occasion, the person who 'signed' for it wasn't even in the country).

At home, I live alone so there's usually nobody to take in deliveries. I've my bins at the front of the house and deliveries are sometimes left behind the bins, but after a couple of times when the package ended up in the general waste bin, I made sure that my recyclable bin was nearest to the door so it'd be more likely to end up there rather than with the general waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Fastway are the worst courier company I've ever dealt with. I do a lot of online shopping and every single time they are delivering to me, the parcel is delayed because of an address query and I then have to go back and forth between the courier company and whoever I ordered from for a couple of days and then I eventually I get my parcel.
    Fastway have been delivering to my same address for at least 5 years. Their new excuse for this nonsense is "GDPR", they don't keep customer details on their system because of "GDPR". I fail to see what GDPR has to do with the courier knowing where my house is because he was there literally 8 days ago!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

There is no way I'd let this go. Fastway are the worse company I've ever dealt with. I have no idea why other companies insist on using them. I got very angry at Boohoo and Fastway (although I may have been talking to the wall for all Fastway were doing) recently after their courier went too far in their bid to get me to let them drop it elsewhere. For a comment like what you got, I would be going mental. Obviously not all of them, but I'm starting to suspect they hire scum that would never get a job anywhere else. I wouldn't let this go when it's a company infamous for horrendous service.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

Fastway couriers are self employed, they just "own" the area they deliver too. Our guy happens to be okay luckily. I don't know what control fastway have over them but things can get a bit messy at busy times, like Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A few years back I had a parcel due via fastway. I lived off the beaten track so I called and they put me through to the driver and I talked him through to the house.

Parcel never arrived.

A couple of days later a rather embarrassed farmer came to the door. He had found two large parcels in one of his fields, cattle no less

Just dumped over the gate.

I since then refuse to buy if it involves fastway.. another time before that the driver wanted me to drive into town to meet him with the parcel
    Pretzill wrote: »
    That Fastway crowd are awful. Was verbally abused by one of their couriers on my doorstep over a delivery - complained to Littlewoods and cancelled the rest of the order because I didn't want the same intimidating bastard calling.

A bin as a safe delivery? :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

dusty207 wrote: »
    Fastway couriers are self employed, they just "own" the area they deliver too. Our guy happens to be okay luckily. I don't know what control fastway have over them but things can get a bit messy at busy times, like Christmas.

With Fastway, things are always messy. I have never once had an uneventful delivery with Fastway. Judging by the endless threads and comments about them, I am far from the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I've had Fastway deliver to the bins, and on one occasion they threw a coffee machine over our 7ft garden gate. All the usual attempted delivery lies too.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Fastway (which are independent 'contractors' (so to speak)) are a bunch of useless cùnts.

Why don't all the people who have had issues with them, on the same day, lodge legal action against the company (Fastway - not the drivers) in an attempt to close them down or force accountability.

The company seems to 'franchise' out to scumbags and should be held accountable if their name is being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OP - you should probably speak to a solicitor about the text message you received.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

jim salter wrote: »
    Fastway (which are independent 'contractors' (so to speak)) are a bunch of useless cùnts.

Why don't all the people who have had issues with them, on the same day, lodge legal action against the company (Fastway - not the drivers) in an attempt to close them down or force accountability.

The company seems to 'franchise' out to scumbags and should be held accountable if their name is being used.

The people complaining here are not Fastway customers so can do nothing. They have to complain to the company who they bought the item from, but since everything is done at the lowest cost they won't care.

The price companies charge for delivery isn't sustainable, how much does the courier get from a free delivery, and until they start paying the delivery drivers a fair wage you will not see an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭stooge

Del2005 wrote: »
    The people complaining here are not Fastway customers so can do nothing. They have to complain to the company who they bought the item from, but since everything is done at the lowest cost they won't care.

The price companies charge for delivery isn't sustainable, how much does the courier get from a free delivery, and until they start paying the delivery drivers a fair wage you will not see an improvement.

good point, the main thing then is to bombard the customer service department of the company the person bought from. Complain about the courier and repeatedly ask for updates. the more the customer service have to deal with this the more it eats into their coffers. Eventually they might do something about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Del2005 wrote: »

I haven't purchased from Littlewwods since.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Icbaby

stooge wrote: »
    good point, the main thing then is to bombard the customer service department of the company the person bought from. Complain about the courier and repeatedly ask for updates. the more the customer service have to deal with this the more it eats into their coffers. Eventually they might do something about it.

I've tried this... each time I get a lovely email from littlewoods asking the same questions from a no reply email so you have to open a new complaint and start again. 11 complaints in and LW have yet to even contact my by phone which is what I assume is there mission to get me to give up but the text message I received in error is what's bothering me most. Fastway didn't even acknowledge my mail and when I rang the driver he stated he never said anything like that to the depot and laughed at me and hung up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

This is Fastways ratings on Trustpilot...how such a company is allowed to operate beggars belief!!
    https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/fastway.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

My tracking says this We're sorry but your parcel has been misdirected between our depots. It will be out for delivery on the next working day. Our apologies for the delay.

However its showing as being in the correct depot.

I checked their website but there is no phone number or email address anywhere. It says to use their 'support button' but again no contact there, its just a a FAQ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

just in case you haven't got it already a contact number for Fastway is 01 4242901.
    They will ask how you got the number....does it matter was my reply.

they are fully "on line" customer interaction now so they will not like getting the call so keep ringing until you get closure.

Worst service "company" I've ever come across.

^This.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Fastway are a disaster! I avoid buying from any company that would use them as the delivery agent.

They openly lie when updating the progress of a delivery, and have marked a delivery as received when, in fact, they lost it. The company I bought off has accused me of theft because of this. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Fastway are a disaster! I avoid buying from any company that would use them as the delivery agent.

They openly lie when updating the progress of a delivery, and have marked a delivery as received when, in fact, they lost it. The company I bought off has accused me of theft because of this. :mad:

Can't disagree that they're one of the worst. I've had them leave other peoples parcels at my house because they couldn't be bothered finding the actual recipient...happened a few times. Once I caught them in the act and they acted like they thought it was the right house and drove off in the wrong direction.

Words fail me how egregiously incompetent and unprofessional this firm is.

I knew when I saw their name on the shipping information after I had purchased that it would be a nightmare as I had a previous bad experience - back in 2014, 9 days late and full of ignorant staff! - with them. Anyway, should have had something delivered by them last Monday but the 'Tracking' code and link they gave me didn't work. I googled and this seems to be a common issue (a few old Boards threads included).

So, I contacted the company I bought the stuff from and they responded every day with an apology, saying they were trying to get Fastway to respond. Being bastards, they don't even open at the weekend so that you can *try* to follow them. In 2018 how many courier companies close down at weekends? Ever hear of shift work to, for instance, catch up on deliveries you should have made days before?

I googled reviews and by Jesus they're annoying an awful lot of people. Is there no state watchdog on these companies? (many deliveries are very important so surely we need some protection that courier commitments in terms of time are being upheld?)

I definitely think firms should have to state the courier company they will be using because I certainly wouldn't have bought from that company if I had known that Fastway is the deliverer. Anyway, here I am almost a week after I should have had my product and not a single, solitary word from Fastway while my product sits somewhere (with my Eircode & phone number on it so they've absolutely no excuses for being cúnts).

Is there anything else I can do other than get on to the company I bought the stuff from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

It's a franchise AFAIK, cheap compared to most other courier companies.

Have heard of drivers signing for deliveries to avoid waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Last time I was in this position, the delivery was suddenly marked as delivered. I knew it wasn't and they knew it wasn't, but the people I bought the item from didn't know this. They thought it was delivered and I was saying it wasn't. To this day the company thinks I stole it.

Fastway is the worst of the worst, in all sectors. I know they operate as regional franchises, so try to find out who the franchise holder is, and chase them. It didn't work with me as the holder dodged and hid. Maybe you'll have more luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I never had a problem with them but that may be down to the driver servicing my location. However, the delivery contract is with the person/company sending you the parcel. They contract Fastway or another courier that subcontracts to Fastway. Complain to the supplier. It’s tgeir business that will suffer if enough people stop buying from them due to the company they opt to dispatch their stuff with.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I walk past their site in Ballymount every day. Site is filthy, metal cages and discarded cardboard strewn about the place, unkempt grass sometimes feet long and an upturned table in the middle of it. Wall on the roundabout at Ballymount Cross came down last winter blocking the footpath and they just left it like that. If that's the amount of respect they have for themselves you can imagine how they treat your parcels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

There's very little margins to be made in the courier business. This gets worse when companies using them want only the cheapest service available.

Because of that, volumes matters, which puts the drivers under pressure to empty their van and still have a life.

This is exactly what happens when services become a race to the bottom. Price and value are not equivalent.

I just don't buy of any company that uses fastway to deliver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭enricoh

Deliver your parcel at the weekend, no chance! All businesses are closed n van will be clogged. They have a depot where u can collect yourself Saturday mornings.
    Yeah, couriers are in a race to the bottom, all that matters is price, cheapest gets the gig.
    The cheapest dont tend to splash out on help desks etc!

Advertisement