Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Storm Tuesday 17th April

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

If the centre of the storm passes over Wexford ,waterford later does that mean it will be calm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Diamond Dust

Very strong winds here in south kerry, picked up an awful lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Very strong winds here in south kerry, picked up an awful lot.

The low pressure centre is just on the tip of the Dingle peninsula at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

few Sferics in the bantry region. Anyone confirm ? :)

MiNdGaM3 wrote: »
    The low pressure centre is just on the tip of the Dingle peninsula at the moment.

Sorry Should have said South West Kerry, near Cahersiveen. What does that mean if the low pressure centre is in Dingle ,are the winds at there worst there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

not a breath of wind here since the last hr. Not too much rain either to be honest. Twas nothing un normal today weatherwise. Thought there may have been some excitment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

At 1800Z, ship Atlantic Concert (SKOZ), around 50 miles off the southwest Kerry coast, reported estimated winds of 45 knots, but with only 2.5 metre waves. At 1200Z, further southwest, it was reporting 48 knot winds but this time with 9 metre waves. Doesn't quite make sense.

Have to say the gusts are the strongest Ive seen in a long while, very strong, cant see the power lasting. Quite frightening and I dont frighten easily. Is this going to last for much longer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

Have to say the gusts are the strongest Ive seen in a long while, very strong, cant see the power lasting. Quite frightening and I dont frighten easily. Is this going to last for much longer?

Don't think so. I'd try enjoy it while it lasts:)
    Hope it comes my way. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

Winds should start to ease by 3am in southern areas according to met.ie.
    Try xcweather.co.uk or the 3 hour forecast on met.ie for an update of the winds for the next few hours in your area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,036 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

ME obs at 2000 reporting a gust of 26kts at Casement, where I am it's dead calm, not a breath? Odd? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

ME obs at 2000 reporting a gust of 26kts at Casement, where I am it's dead calm, not a breath? Odd? :confused:

There was a recent shower so the gust probably occured during it. 10-minute mean is only 14 knots.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Gusts of over 100km/h (57kts) on Sherkin Island at 9pm.
    http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

MiNdGaM3 wrote: »
    Gusts of over 100km/h (57kts) on Sherkin Island at 9pm.
    http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

Feels like that here haha, I know its not but feels like the roof going to come off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Virtually calm here now. Must be near the centre of the low, pressure here now at 977.55mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Atlantis50

Winds have picked up substantially in the past 5 minutes in Cork city. Pressure 972 hpa, falling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Seems the wind's really picking up in Cork City at the moment! Lots of rattling outside.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Rain but not much wind in mid-Wexford.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,036 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Min wrote: »
    Virtually calm here now. Must be near the centre of the low, pressure here now at 977.55mb.
    The low over south Leinster as the radar nicely shows the rotation, I think that rain east of Wexford will move north towards the Dublin area.
    http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Advertisement