Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment July Intake (2019)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Courtneycaseey

Ooh you had the medical fairly soon after the fitness test? Do you know is your Garda vetting back yet? I know it’s so hard I wanted to go on holidays this summer but I’ve no idea as to when I could be called for fitness or medical so not going to bother at this stage I think

Yeah it was less than two weeks after!
    Yeah all I’m getting from them is awaiting sign off :(
    Ya it’s hard too know!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Courtneycaseey

Hoopy1888 wrote: »
    I was told by HRM the dates are July 1st and 8th for Induction weeks and then July 15th for the start date

Ah Jesus ok didn’t know that! Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Planes 1997

How long does it normally take for HRM to reply to an email?? I understand they are under pressure so didn’t bother ringing

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bigred88

How long does it normally take for HRM to reply to an email?? I understand they are under pressure so didn’t bother ringing

They usually reply the same day

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Stickynote10

Yeah it was less than two weeks after!
    Yeah all I’m getting from them is awaiting sign off :(
    Ya it’s hard too know!

Ooh god if that’s the cause you should defo get July sure it’s 2months away yet! I wish I was as far as you I’m still waiting on my fitness test I hope to that soon and hope to be going by the end of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Clono

Bigred88 wrote: »
    I am “still awaiting a decision from senior management.”
    This vetting is a pain in the b***ox.
    I don’t know how it takes over 4 months to review a file and say yes or no .

Big red it can take alot longer then 4 months i'm going on three years waiting to be called now. I have had to get onto TD's to find out where my file is. and only last week have been told for the second time that its in the commissioners office for final decision.

Hi All,

Has anyone hear from HRM in relation to PCT exam? I sent back my medical form from GP nearly two weeks ago and I’ve heard nothing since and still haven’t gotten a call from sergeant

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Hi All,

Has anyone hear from HRM in relation to PCT exam? I sent back my medical form from GP nearly two weeks ago and I’ve heard nothing since and still haven’t gotten a call from sergeant

My daughter got her date on Friday for 24 may, she sent back her medical form about 4 weeks ago so you should hear soon

Henry2006 wrote: »
    My daughter got her date on Friday for 24 may, she sent back her medical form about 4 weeks ago so you should hear soon

Has your daughter had her interview with the sergeant? Yes hoping I’ll hear soon

• Advertisement

Has your daughter had her interview with the sergeant? Yes hoping I’ll hear soon
    Yes she did about 3 weeks ago but still hasn’t heard anything about the super, hopefully you both hear soon

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lets hope

Hi guys anyone any ideas when offers will start coming out for july.
    Assume if the intake is the start of july for the inductions maybe,the end of may will start the offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ducky30

Lets hope wrote: »
    Hi guys anyone any ideas when offers will start coming out for july.
    Assume if the intake is the start of july for the inductions maybe,the end of may will start the offers?

The next intakes are the:
    192- 15/07/2018
    193- 16/12/2019

Offers usually come out two weeks give or take previous to dates above.

ducky30 wrote: »
    The next intakes are the:
    192- 15/07/2018
    193- 16/12/2019

Offers usually come out two weeks give or take previous to dates above.

A lot of employees are required to give a months notice, I wonder if they make allowances for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

Henry2006 wrote: »
    A lot of employees are required to give a months notice, I wonder if they make allowances for that

For those signed off well in advance the offers went out earlier for April, i received mine with 4 weeks notice for April which I deferred. I assume the 1-2 weeks notice ones are people who were signed off just there and then, just did their medical etc.

However, no, if you get your offer with 1 weeks notice then tough luck really, you either accept, deny, or if you have a good reason, then defer. The date for starting the college won't change.

bottar1 wrote: »
    For those signed off well in advance the offers went out earlier for April, i received mine with 4 weeks notice for April which I deferred. I assume the 1-2 weeks notice ones are people who were signed off just there and then, just did their medical etc.

However, no, if you get your offer with 1 weeks notice then tough luck really, you either accept, deny, or if you have a good reason, then defer. The date for starting the college won't change.

Very true and I’m sure everyone who’s got as far as having completed all stages has figured out a way to hand in their notice that’s acceptable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

From reading here my daughter could defer until next entry in order to complete her degree (she’s on year 3 of 4), assuming she gets in?

Just a passenger

Mikefitzs wrote: »
    From reading here my daughter could defer until next entry in order to complete her degree (she’s on year 3 of 4), assuming she gets in?

If she gets an offer, then she should call HRM as soon as possible or before the deadline to accept the offer and ask them about deferring, they will ask her for the reason and possibly to e-mail it on.

If it is to complete a degree, they may even encourage her to defer as it is of benefit to her to complete it. If the reason is to complete a degree then she should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Vital Work

Just got an offer for July! Starting induction on the 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EL11

Just got an offer for July 1st induction as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Linloop

Did ye do yer medicals long ago? Partner has it next week wounder could he still get july.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 EL11

Linloop wrote: »
    Did ye do yer medicals long ago? Partner has it next week wounder could he still get july.

I'm a deferral from April but I got the offer for April two weeks before induction was supposed to start. If his medical is next week and vetting is all clear I'd say there's every chance he'll get July.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cmcn90

I got my offer for July as well yesterday, delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 leixlipgirl

cmcn90 wrote: »
    I got my offer for July as well yesterday, delighted.

Can I please ask are you a deferral

EL11 wrote: »
    I'm a deferral from April but I got the offer for April two weeks before induction was supposed to start. If his medical is next week and vetting is all clear I'd say there's every chance he'll get July.:)

Heres hoping. Best of luck in your training.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jwals2130

Is it only deferrals that got offers so far ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

When do ye think there will be an application again to apply for the guards? I'd imagine it might depend on how many get through and complete this year....

When do ye think there will be an application again to apply for the guards? I'd imagine it might depend on how many get through and complete this year....

The date for 2019 closed the 24th of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ekox

jwals2130 wrote: »
    I got an offer for July and I wasn’t a deferral!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

Ekox wrote: »

Are you from the 2018 or 2017 Campaign? Cheers

Hoopy1888 wrote: »

Are you from the 2018 or 2017 Campaign? Cheers

I’m from 2018

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Redfox21

Hands up if you are still waiting and from 2016/2017🙌

Redfox21 wrote: »
    Hands up if you are still waiting and from 2016/2017��

Hands are up..... Currently at ''With commissioner, awaiting sign off''

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jwals2130

When did you do the medical ?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 minionpower

Redfox21 wrote: »
    Hands up if you are still waiting and from 2016/2017🙌

I’m from 2017
    i was placed 78 on the order of merit.

Interview - 25th September 2017
    vetting started - 26th January 2018
    Medical - 05th February 2018
    PCT - 23rd June 2018

I think it crazy I rang today and waiting to be signed off

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rossd92

I applied back in May 2018. Passed everything except the eyesight in time for the April intake and since then have gotten laser eye surgery and sent in the results. So all i am waiting on is the doctor to review the results, which are well within the standard now, and sign off on them and then i get an offer. But the doctor is taking long enough to sign it. Anyone have any idea about what to do other than just wait around???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Hot_Fuzz

rossd92 wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea about what to do other than just wait around???

Dunno, listen to some music, watch some Line of Duty? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 EMD1990

From June 2017 myself. Passed Medical last year, no word on physical, never got a date, but I am on 'awaiting signing off'. No more info on why this is the reason. Perplexing enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

Folks down 9.7kg to 81.1kg which makes my BMI 28.0

For anybody who got deferred, would you recommend goin in 2/3 weeks before your assigned date to get it out of the day? I’ve 3 weeks and a couple of days left

Oscar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Waestrel

What is the number to ring to check on vetting - I'm waiting to have my local interview which i dependant on clearance. I have done all other stages successfully.

• Advertisement

Waestrel wrote: »
    What is the number to ring to check on vetting - I'm waiting to have my local interview which i dependant on clearance. I have done all other stages successfully.

The number is (01) 666 2571

When did you do the medical ?

I did the medical in March

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MKultra395

Hi everyone,
    I am from the 2017 competition and I got offered the April intake bit got less than a weeks notice so I deferred.

My medical went out of date so I forwarded them a new report and I asked am I now cleared for July intake assuming I was because they offered me April, but they said I am being re-vetted ??? Is that normal , I’m a bit worried now there is a problem and also I don’t want to be waiting another year for vetting 😩

MKultra395 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I am from the 2017 competition and I got offered the April intake bit got less than a weeks notice so I deferred.

My medical went out of date so I forwarded them a new report and I asked am I now cleared for July intake assuming I was because they offered me April, but they said I am being re-vetted ??? Is that normal , I’m a bit worried now there is a problem and also I don’t want to be waiting another year for vetting 😩

Wen I was ringing them to find out about my vetting the beginning of the year they said if it goes over the year from wen the vetting went out or from the first part came back it will have to be resent out

It’s crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Letsdoit

Does anyone know when the offers could be out for July?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MKultra395

Wen I was ringing them to find out about my vetting the beginning of the year they said if it goes over the year from wen the vetting went out or from the first part came back it will have to be resent out

It’s crazy

No way !! And does it take the same amount of time to come back ?? Surely it’s quicker ?

• Advertisement

Letsdoit wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the offers could be out for July?

There isn't really any specific day or time you can assume that everyone will get an offer. They go out from time to time, all the way up to the induction week, you could get a weeks notice even.

I received my offer for July already, I had deferred from April. But there will still be many more offers to go out, although I don't think anyone can tell you when they will go out accurately.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SrcmabdleGegs

And I'm in.
    2018 application. Fitness in Feb. Medical in March.
    Had to get eye laser sorted and got the report into them this week. Got the email today.

Induction week starting 1st July.
    Is there a WhatsApp going?

And I'm in.
    Had to get eye laser sorted and got the report into them this week. Got the email today.

Well done!
    I’m starting the induction on the 1st! Not sure if there is a what’s app? Can start one off?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Vital Work

Well done!
    I’m starting the induction on the 1st! Not sure if there is a what’s app? Can start one off?

Well done guys! I also have induction on the 1st so I'll join a WhatsApp too if there's one being made!

And I'm in.

Well done but I just can't get my head around myself and others from 17 and 16 campaign are still left waiting

I done my Medical March 2018 and Passed Physical May 2018 and vetting outstanding from Feb 2018 - March 2019 then went ''Awaiting Sign Off'' from March 2019 till now and still at that stage.

It just mind boggling... Anyone else in the same boat??

• Advertisement
Advertisement