Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment July Intake (2019)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

feathers19 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone I have my fitness test on July 8th and struggling with the bleep test for anyone that has does it start from 0 or 1 and what app did ye use. I am going by a video on you tube that starts off at level 0 and all the apps I have downloaded start with 1, I know its not a huge difference but it big to me seem to fly the apps but struggle with video on you tube. Thanks a million

loughborough beep test 20m Is the one the guards use, you will find it on google or Spotify

• Registered Users Posts: 4 feathers19

I used youtube - title is "the beep test audio full". Starts at 1
    Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 4 feathers19

Henry2006 wrote: »
    loughborough beep test 20m Is the one the guards use, you will find it on google or Spotify
    Thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 39 minionpower

Any offers out??

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Redfox21

Still nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Hot_Fuzz

Any offers out??

There were a few yesterday but hard to say if it was a full batch!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

Hot_Fuzz wrote: »
    There were a few yesterday but hard to say if it was a full batch!

Was there? How do you know that?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Jecz

When in the college I take it in the evenings in our free time we get to leave camp. Is there a curfew? I live just over an hour away and wondered if I would have time to pop and see my little one now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 User 1234

Jecz wrote: »
    When in the college I take it in the evenings in our free time we get to leave camp. Is there a curfew? I live just over an hour away and wondered if I would have time to pop and see my little one now and again.

Yea the evenings are yours to use, you can get a welfare application in the first few days to go home and stay at home every Wednesday night but you have to be back in the college by 8:30am Thursday morning. This is only for people that have kids.Or if you just wanted to just pop home in the evening, any evening, you can leave at 5 and be back in the college for 11:30pm I think it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

Will there be more offers out this week does anybody know?

-OscarKilo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Lets hope

Anybody who has got offers for july was it for induction on 1st or 8th just wondering has week two induction places come out yet,im awaiting signing off on my file.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Jecz

Does anybody know of people who have deferred and had issues getting on the next intake? I have been offered to defer to finish a course that will be done by the next possible intake of November/December but they said acceptance is not guaranteed. Worried about turning July down and then getting no further offers

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SrcmabdleGegs

Lets hope wrote: »
    Anybody who has got offers for july was it for induction on 1st or 8th just wondering has week two induction places come out yet,im awaiting signing off on my file.

I haven't heard of any offers for the induction for the 8th. All for the 1st as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 roc16

Just wondering if anyone from 2016/2017 has gone down the route of making a formal complaint re the ridiculous waiting time over vetting?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Carlaoh98

roc16 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone from 2016/2017 has gone down the route of making a formal complaint re the ridiculous waiting time over vetting?

I was thinking of doing it a while ago but I don’t think it would be worth our while. Could possibly just make the wait longer for us I don’t think it’ll speed anything up it would probably just piss a few people off. However I do think that something needs to be done about this I’m sick of having my life on hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EdvinasS

Do the offers come out as an email or a phone call ?

EdvinasS wrote: »
    Do the offers come out as an email or a phone call ?

Email

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EdvinasS

Redfox21 wrote: »
    Email

okay thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 roc16

Carlaoh98 wrote: »
    I was thinking of doing it a while ago but I don’t think it would be worth our while. Could possibly just make the wait longer for us I don’t think it’ll speed anything up it would probably just piss a few people off. However I do think that something needs to be done about this I’m sick of having my life on hold.

Yeah it’s beyond a joke at this stage. Can’t plan anything in the hope of being called in the next intake.

It's crazy how people who had pct and failed did their repeat and then medical after and 2 days after the medical they are getting offers.... How is this possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 montanas

Redfox21 wrote: »
    It's crazy how people who had pct and failed did their repeat and then medical after and 2 days after the medical they are getting offers.... How is this possible

When you know somebody up high in the gards anything is possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

montanas wrote: »
    When you know somebody up high in the gards anything is possible
    This is absolutely incorrect. It's happening to many people. They are just trying to fill the intake.

bottar1 wrote: »
    This is absolutely incorrect. It's happening to many people. They are just trying to fill the intake.

So how can u explain fact that people with low oom everything passed first time are left waiting for yrs??? And others are pushed through in no time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

So how can u explain fact that people with low oom everything passed first time are left waiting for yrs??? And others are pushed through in no time

I can't explain that, but I and many others have no connections at all and received offer a few days after medical in April, but deferred to July...

Perhaps each campaign is managed differently, but for 2018 it has been consistent with people getting offers shortly after medical. Vetting must have been sorted fast for these.

bottar1 wrote: »
    I can't explain that, but I and many others have no connections at all and received offer a few days after medical in April, but deferred to July...

Perhaps each campaign is managed differently, but for 2018 it has been consistent with people getting offers shortly after medical. Vetting must have been sorted fast for these.

I was talking about people who fail and get to repeat in no time, just to make the next intake. The 2016/17 campaigns are left, my file is in comissioners office more than half a yr, it's a joke. And i have passed everything first time, oom eraly 40. Starting new job this mth, even if i get that offer I'm not sure if I'll take it. There is no order in this organisation, total joke

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Conboy6

I was talking about people who fail and get to repeat in no time, just to make the next intake. The 2016/17 campaigns are left, my file is in comissioners office more than half a yr, it's a joke. And i have passed everything first time, oom eraly 40. Starting new job this mth, even if i get that offer I'm not sure if I'll take it. There is no order in this organisation, total joke

In the same boat as you, been told by HRM since November that my file is with the commissioner for sign off .Contacting HRM is pointless because they don’t seem to have a clue what’s going on, I’ve even been told on several occasions they’ll chase my file to which nothing happens. Have started applying for actual jobs now and will be taking whatever comes before the imaginary garda offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 healyck80

Offers out today at 10am.

healyck80 wrote: »

I'm guessing you are from 2018??

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Letsdoit

healyck80 wrote: »

For the 1st or the 8th?

• Advertisement

ddylan wrote: »
    do you know if many offers have gone out ?

I don't know...

Advertisement