Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'd buy that for a $: Retro bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

I don't know if this is still available - 33" 4:3 CRT, complete with stand.

I got one of these recently, and it's fab. It's like the monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey. While playing I noticed things like jerky diagonal scrolling in Guardian force that I never noticed before.

http://www.adverts.ie/13005615

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That's scary...
    Tempted to go get it, but I don't think it'd fit up the stairs!
    Plus, the Sony 29" would be très jelly

I've got a 28' 4:3 trintron going gratis if any wants it gratis...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kim Possible what's the switch on ps2 for 50c in cex liffey street. Don't be fooled by the Disney license it's a great platformer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kim Possible what's the switch on ps2 for 50c in cex liffey street. Don't be fooled by the Disney license it's a great platformer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »

As a 45 year old gentleman I'd feel a tad uncomfortable playing a Kim Possible game... now, where did I leave that copy of Senran Kagura Burst???

Crappy game but the monitor looks like it might be worth it.

39" tri res acording to the manufacturer.
    massive bastard.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Striker-Pro-Arcade-Machine-Ice-Games-/322551015628?hash=item4b1989e8cc:g:8~AAAOSwn-tZFFRE

Machine is in Kildare.

http://www.icegame.com/p-11169-monitor-39-tri-res-digital-3.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭Inviere

Listed a ton of stuff - link

If anyone wants just get in touch about any of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Inviere wrote: »

Best price for the US SNES? Itching to play chrono trigger!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Invi, you don't post anything do you?

• Advertisement

Invi, you don't post anything do you?

I'm trying my best not to, unless it's a bunch of stuff together. It's a hassle for me with the amount of stuff to be moving...

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Best price for the US SNES? Itching to play chrono trigger!

To avoid turning this thread into a rolling marketplace :D ask a question on the Adverts thread or PM me here (if that's ok with the modz) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'm trying my best not to, unless it's a bunch of stuff together. It's a hassle for me with the amount of stuff to be moving...

Fair enough, if the Steam Link doesn't shift I may ask again. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

Fair enough, if the Steam Link doesn't shift I may ask again. Thanks :)

The bargain price is still available from Game:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057755649

Thought your star wars was darxide. Nearly dropped my monocle. Best of luck with the sale

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Some amazing stuff there Inviere, really tempted by Terranigma...

o1s1n wrote: »
    Some amazing stuff there Inviere, really tempted by Terranigma...

Go for it...you know you want to :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I'd love to get a few more bits off you. It will be a few weeks before I have more cash though.

Hope there's a few NTSC SNES games left by then

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

http://www.adverts.ie/12427845

Added a few bits and lowered a few other prices on a bit of a clear out

Boardsie discounts apply

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

http://www.adverts.ie/13369249

Few bits up on adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

The Recreated Spectrum available for 30 quid (pounds). Not my cup of tea, but a decent option for emulation when it's unlocked.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/the-recreated-sinclair-zx-spectrum-2050251

Cheapest I've seen it anyway.

Edit: Here's a link to unlock it if you get one:

https://spectrumforeveryone.com/technical/unlock-recreated-spectrum/

Oh, and this offer is only on for today and tomorrow.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

One of these beauties is available on Adverts,
    A PS2 TEST console.
    And listed for €170, so some wiggle room there perhaps.
    http://www.adverts.ie/13415512

Fyi this device is region free, for both PS and PS2 games, perfect for the importer.

Just spotted and now downloading Raiden V for the XB1.
    I'm posting this fact up because it's a steal at €7 for the next few days, before it goes back to €29.99.

There's an updated version going multi platform in the next few weeks.

There's an updated version going multi platform in the next few weeks.

Of Raiden V?
    Cool.
    I have Raiden IV Overkill for the PS3, unfortunately it's just not as good as Raiden or Raiden 2, and not fit to wash the feet of Raiden DX

Yeah, it's like the only reason to own a Xbox One just went away :)

Yeah, it's like the only reason to own a Xbox One just went away :)

A PC/PS4 and a Switch has you modern gaming ready.
    The poor XB1 doesn't know it's already dead.
    I have to find reasons to use mine, backwards compatible games are possibly the only reason, there is nothing 1st party worth owning on it.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A PC/PS4 and a Switch has you modern gaming ready.
    The poor XB1 doesn't know it's already dead.
    I have to find reasons to use mine, backwards compatible games are possibly the only reason, there is nothing 1st party worth owning on it.

Well Rare Replay is an absolute bargain as is Halo Master Chief collection. Halo 5 I heard is a load of hairy arse.

• Advertisement

Well Rare Replay is an absolute bargain as is Halo Master Chief collection. Halo 5 I heard is a load of hairy arse.

Rare Replay isn't quite the collection of stone cold classics it might have been a decade ago.
    Their slavish attention to detail is great but games like Jet Force Gemini really fall down on their antiquated and bonkers control set, almost unplayable.
    Blastcorps is still legend though.
    Halo:MCC is great value but Halo 5 is all over too quickly, and the Spartans have weird giant heads.
    There was a time when, for console FPS, Halo was where it was at (aside from Firewarrior of course)
    But now we have so much to choose from, Doom, Wolfenstein making amazing comebacks and the myriad of FPS titles worth our time both AAA and from indie studios.

Advertisement