Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Link £11.99GBP + £2.95GBP Posted @ Game UK

Options
  • 22-06-2017 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭

EDITED

It is also in Gamestop for €16.50 but i can not change the title.

https://www.gamestop.ie/PC/Games/53260/steam-link

Steam Link £11.99 (€13.60) + Shipping £2.95 (€3.35) = £14.94 (€16.95) Delivered.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/steam-link-816924
    Stream your games to your TV with Steam Link

Simplicity
    Setup is easy. Just connect your Steam Link to your TV and home network, where it will automatically discover any computer running Steam. All that’s left to do is grab your favorite controller, kick back, and enjoy your collection of games from the comfort of your couch.

Performance
    Steam Link is designed to take advantage of the horsepower you already have in your home, streaming from your current gaming computer by mirroring its experience to your TV. Video and audio data is sent from your computer to the Steam Link, while your controller input is sent back in real time. Virtually every game that your computer runs can be played on your TV using Steam Link.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I think the Steam summer sale is supposed to start today. Might be worth waiting to see if there's a deal from them also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

machalla wrote: »
    I think the Steam summer sale is supposed to start today. Might be worth waiting to see if there's a deal from them also.

Just picked one up, think €16:50 is pretty much unbeatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Birneybau wrote: »
    Just picked one up, think €16:50 is pretty much unbeatable.

I understand that it plugs into your network ideally by cable, is your PC supposed to be wired as well.... ideally?

I'm trying to figure out if I could make this work. PC is upstairs and the modem is downstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I understand that it plugs into your network ideally by cable, is your PC supposed to be wired as well.... ideally?

I'm trying to figure out if I could make this work. PC is upstairs and the modem is downstairs.

Ideally yes. Anything I've seen regarding wireless generally says its not great over a wireless connection. Homeplugs over the electrical network might be a solution that might work if LAN cable isn't an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It'll work over wifi just not nearly as good ideally should be wired. For €16.50 just dot it, if it's your own house you can always run some cables.

Regardless of gaming you can run kodi app through the steam home, using your pc as a tv box on sterioids, that'll work fine over wifi, well worth the money alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I have one and it is really good. It works with the PS4 controller (or any Bluetooth controller) so you don't need the Steam controller.

I use home plugs and it is perfect. Tempted to grab another one for that price for the back room, but that is really being lazy I could just move it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

Would this work well with plex anyone try it? Tempted to buy it to use for streaming movies from my pc.

I have one and it is really good. It works with the PS4 controller (or any Bluetooth controller) so you don't need the Steam controller.

I use home plugs and it is perfect. Tempted to grab another one for that price for the back room, but that is really being lazy I could just move it :)

Can you plug a wired XBox controller into it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

pawrick wrote: »
    Would this work well with plex anyone try it? Tempted to buy it to use for streaming movies from my pc.

Works fine with Kodi. Don't see why it wouldn't work with plex. The plex client would be on the PC though, of course.

Can you plug a wired XBox controller into it?

Yip. Ive a wired "360 for windows" one and it works. I presume any usb controller will work.

Ive seen others say if you Alt Tab out of steam it shows your desktop so you can technically stream anything, but ive never tried it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Ive seen others say if you Alt Tab out of steam it shows your desktop so you can technically stream anything, but ive never tried it.

This is true, and very handy when it comes to non steam games. I believe there is even a controller setting to use while on your desktop / alt-tabbed out of steam (somewhere in the steam settings). I think I recall getting it working but never really used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Sneachta

Sold out in UK, available for store pick up in Ireland

Got one from UK you just have to keep trying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I picked up one in Gamestop in Galway earlier, it was last one left. An insanely good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭long_b

Ordered Click & Collect for Newbridge. How long do i have to collect does anyone know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

long_b wrote: »
    Ordered Click & Collect for Newbridge. How long do i have to collect does anyone know ?
    14 days: http://help.game.co.uk/delivery/click-collect/

Edit: Missed the Newbridge bit :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭savemejebus

48 hours for GameStop, after that they will sell it to the next person that enquires.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Up on Steam for same price, down from €55 for 70% off. Dunno about shipping costs though.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/353380/Steam_Link/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Grabbed mine on Liffey Street at lunch time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭long_b

Why are they so deeply discounted? New hardware coming out or are Steam. dropping the product?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fouro

Why are they so deeply discounted? New hardware coming out or are Steam. dropping the product?

They are currently testing a stream link app for smart TVs in the US with Samsung. It has the same functionality so that is where future development will be focused. Source.

• Advertisement

Up on Steam for same price, down from €55 for 70% off. Dunno about shipping costs though.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/353380/Steam_Link/

I added one to the cart last night as I didn't make it to Gamestop....... about €13 for shipping. Needless to say I'll try and see if I can pick one up locally.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Get some homeplugs, I stream my pc to my fire tv and it works very well. Have pc wired to the router then have the fire tv as the only device on the 5Ghz WiFi band.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Gamestop would not give it to my sister, even with her ID, because we do not share the same last name........ :mad:

"Because people are hacking emails and you could be a hacker".

It says in the email:
    Please Note: You MUST present proof of ID (passport, drivers licence etc.) in store when you are collecting your item(s). If you refer a family member or friend to collect your order they must have the email confirmation and a form of ID valid at time of collection.
    She has a valid driving licence. But because it does not have my last name (She is married), they will not give it to her. I have even rang them and gave them information.
    "she has to have the same last name as you".
    Ridiculous.
    I can not get through to their customer support either, probably because it is non-existent.
    This has to be the dumbest assest policy that i have ever heard.
    She went in with cameras everywhere and has a valid driving licence to collect an item worth €16.50. 
    Fuming here.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭brianorourke

Sold out in Henry street, Liffey street and Stephens green GameStop.

Don't bother with click and collect - even though it shows them in stock. They're reserved and say they're available until their collected by that person.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Sold out in Henry street, Liffey street and Stephens green GameStop.

Don't bother with click and collect - even though it shows them in stock. They're reserved and say they're available until their collected by that person.
    It is $23.66 (€21.17) delivered to Ireland from Amazon.com
    Slightly more expensive, but still a good deal.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016XBGWAQ/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭dog_pig

It's back on offer now on gamestop.ie if anyone's still interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

I picked up a second one for the bedroom via steam when they were on offer for the same price recently, they're well worth it. Oh and just to (double) confirm, you can access your entire desktop with one, you're not limited to just the contents of the steam overlay.

Grabbed a second one myself. I've had the PS4 one, a ChromeCast, and a bunch of other half arsed efforts and the Steam Link actually works so for that price it is hard to leave it.

Maybe I should get a third for the bedroom :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭doctorg

You can order it directly from gamestop.ie now with free shipping

Total including shipping is 16.50 yoyos

https://www.gamestop.ie/PC/Games/53260/steam-link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I ordered mine from GameStop last Wednesday 28th and got a despatch notice on Thursday 29th, no sign of it showing up and the tracking number doesn't appear to show anything, anyone got theirs?

Advertisement