Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I'd buy that for a $: Retro bargains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Thought it was an Egret

• Registered Users Posts: 34,369 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

eddhorse wrote: »
    Thought it was an Egret

AWSDs are basically rebranded E3s. New artwork and control panel with a card reader.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,369 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Actually must do an inventory check on all the extras I got for it over the years like those FrancoB mods etc.

It's mad how many bits you accumulate to go with cabs isnt it? I've everything from FrancoB headphone jack/volt meter mods to Thelastbandit's coin up mods and god knows what else.

Two years later and it's all still rotting away in a lockup :pac:

That's very sad :( .... I'll keep it in my lock up for ya. Another project almost complete and another incoming, keep me busy for the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭BGOllie

what've you been working on mozie ?

• Advertisement

BGOllie wrote: »
    what've you been working on mozie ?

Almost finished a dinoking cab I picked up a few weeks ago, have a Naomi on the way that will get the chop over the summer hopefully, also took delivery of a shed this week so it's all go for the Summer :)

Almost finished a dinoking cab I picked up a few weeks ago, have a Naomi on the way that will get the chop over the summer hopefully, also took delivery of a shed this week so it's all go for the Summer :)

Dino king?
    I've wanted one for years.
    Bring it in from the UK?
    I am officially calling dibs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Cant wait to see that. Dinoking, I've wanted one since I saw that Ghosts & Goblins conversion a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Free 29" CRT TV here:
    http://www.adverts.ie/12992039

I've got a free 29' trinitron too if anyone wants it.. will need to be collected though obviously

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Damn..... NNNNooooo!!!!
    I don't need more CRT's in my house!

On a brighter note, got a doo-dad that should let me finally hear whats being played on my speakerless RGB monitor.

It'll make sailing that gaming Fail-boat a little more pleasant.

I still need a 19" crt with vga input if anyway has one

Will keep a look out

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭frasr

Chinese clone of the nes mini

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mini-TV-Game-Console-Video-Game-Console-For-Nes-8-Bit-Games-with-500-Different-Built/32805622052.html

The reviews/youtube videos I've seen state it's what you'd expect for the price, but for $26 it's a cheap introduction to retro, something quirky or just a raspberry pie case for a side project

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Inviere

I've an old Dell crt computer screen in the shed if it's any good to you. Think it might be vga, though it could be a 17"

Inviere wrote: »
    I've an old Dell crt computer screen in the shed if it's any good to you. Think it might be vga, though it could be a 17"

If its 19" I will take it but they seem to be a rare beast believe it or not.
    There is a few 19" flat crts around but they wont fit the machine (megatouch XL)

There is a few 19" flat crts around but they wont fit the machine (megatouch XL)

I'll check it out for you tomorrow & let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭frasr

frasr wrote: »

Thats been for sale a good while.
    Always fancied one but I would hold out for the 2 player one.
    is a very old version and its ugly as hell!

The HD one is a great game,guns are very accurate

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Is there anything else you can stick in there, in that cab, I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Is there anything else you can stick in there, in that cab, I wonder?

Change the control panel and you can make that cab into almost anything, but the game is medium resolution, so the monitor might be medium res only, or it might be low/medium res.

Kinda looks like a Golden Tee cabinet

Checked there, it's 17" unfortunately (Dell E771p). Likely no good to you, but you can take it away if you like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Is anyone looking for a XRGB Framemeister? I've aquired a second but no longer need it for the project it was bought for.

They are hard to get these days direct and ebay is stupid money from profiteers.
    Anyway, I'm not looking to profit from it, so no rip off prices from me.

I'd rather it go to someone here that ebay or adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Is anyone looking for a XRGB Framemeister? I've aquired a second but no longer need it for the project it was bought for.

They are hard to get these days direct and ebay is stupid money from profiteers.
    Anyway, I'm not looking to profit from it, so no rip off prices from me.

I'd rather it go to someone here that ebay or adverts.

Yeah. I'd definitely be interested. Been waiting for Solaris to get them back in stock.

Not quite a bargain, but a definite retro want of mine
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Atari-Sears-Tele-Games-Pong-/192206479347?hash=item2cc0661ff3:g:ZFEAAOSwmgJY4B2j
    latest?cb=20110501203612
    An original Pong console, released through Sears in the States under the Telegames brand in 1975, prior to the later Atari branded Pong machine in 1976.
    My own Pong console is the second one, called Super Pong, it's identical but for a four way switch to select game variants, but I would still love an original Pong machine!
    And this one is priced fairly keenly too, around €100 all in, not including the inevitable customs charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

How many pongs can one man desire? :D

Star Lord wrote: »
    How many pongs can one man desire? :D

giphy.gif

Sadly no Retro, but there is a half price game sale in Tesco right now.
    Just got Forza Horizon 3 for €19.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

This looks fishy!

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/232372404074

"Zelda Super Nintendo Graded

Hello all,

Don't know much about this got it at a local boot can anyone help or advise

Thanks"

:eek:

Advertisement