Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 15 transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I did Abraham to Ings. It's to free up money for Alli for next gw. Alli and ings are two players that have always served me well and two players I should have moved to earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

thunderdog wrote: »
    Have the exact money to do McGinn to Zaha. A solid transfer but it will create a benching headache each week with

Son KDB Mane Maddison Zaha
    Vardy Abraham Mousset

Once Abraham is fit, I’d struggle to see who to bench each week
    You'd definitely be benching Mousset most weeks, play him the week Maddison has Liverpool and the week Mane has a blank. With Christmas rotation he'll get off the bench quite a lot anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

thunderdog wrote: »
    Have the exact money to do McGinn to Zaha. A solid transfer but it will create a benching headache each week with

Son KDB Mane Maddison Zaha
    Vardy Abraham Mousset

Once Abraham is fit, I’d struggle to see who to bench each week

That's a great front 8 for the Christmas period though. You'll be covered for any rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

How are Martial owners feeling ?

You’re good for responding to this one KM. I know where l you stand.

He’s gone. He’s not playing well at all

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Chesty08 wrote: »
    He’s gone. He’s not playing well at all

I said he would be a season keeper - beginning to doubt it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I said he would be a season keeper - beginning to doubt it now

Can’t be a season keeper on current form unfortunately. There are too many options in his price range who are all playing very well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Can’t be a season keeper on current form unfortunately. There are too many options in his price range who are all playing very well

Yeah i tend to agree, he does seem to have good games vs Spurs and surely motivated for Joses return

The one thing keeping in my team at the moment is he is a guaranteed started (and likely the fact I dont watch Man United games)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Yeah i tend to agree, he does seem to have good games vs Spurs and surely motivated for Joses return

The one thing keeping in my team at the moment is he is a guaranteed started (and likely the fact I dont watch Man United games)

I have to do the maths to make sure I am not priced out of my double transfer but if I am not I am going to hold him for spurs game
    It would be typical of the type of character Martial is to play a blinder against Mourinhos spurs team

I’d also like to see a full spurs game before committing to Alli over son

Abraham to be assessed over training next 2 days
    If he was to kiss out I’d do hayden to zaha and keep Abraham
    However I’d need to be sure or I’ll have a serious benching headache

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

De Gea is De Gone at long last.

Henderson and Heaton my two keepers now.

4.1m in the bank so there could be a -4 incoming.

For a -4 I'm considering -
    Abraham to Aubamayang? or
    Connolly to Rashford?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Pope to Guaita for me. Set and forget for the foreseeable future.

De Gea is De Gone at long last.

Henderson and Heaton my two keepers now.

4.1m in the bank so there could be a -4 incoming.

For a -4 I'm considering -
    Abraham to Aubamayang? or
    Connolly to Rashford?

Neither
    Connolly to someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Pope to Guaita for me. Set and forget for the foreseeable future.

Getting rid of Pope seems nonsensical to me.

Changing keepers is way down the list of priority transfers to make unless the keeper in question is really underperforming which Pope isn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Changing keepers is way down the list of priority transfers to make unless the keeper in question is really underperforming which Pope isn’t.

Yeah I was planning on Pope to Henderson this week but then I thought they'll probably end up on much the same points at the end of the season. Plus transfers are too precious especially at this time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Pope has 2 games that I'd be reasonably confident of getting a clean sheet in over the next 10 games. Guaita arguably has 6 or 7 depending how much faith you have in that defence. Pope hasn't done a lot wrong but Burnley have hardly become world beaters after keeping clean sheets against West Ham and Watford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Shedite27 wrote: »
    You'd definitely be benching Mousset most weeks, play him the week Maddison has Liverpool and the week Mane has a blank. With Christmas rotation he'll get off the bench quite a lot anyway

Yeah fair point. From GW18 onwards there is a more obvious player to bench. GW17 and 18 are tricky still. In terms of benching I’d probably just go by the previous weeks form

• Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Is it time to consider double sheff utd defence?

Great run of fixtures for next 5 games ..

Home to Newcastle, Villa, Watford at home.

Norwich and Brighton away

It's not really double Sheff Utd defence if you think about it as every man and his dog has Lundstrum anyway so any points he gets everyone gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Is it time to consider double sheff utd defence?

Great run of fixtures for next 5 games ..

Home to Newcastle, Villa, Watford at home.

Norwich and Brighton away

It's not really double Sheff Utd defence if you think about it as every man and his dog has Lundstrum anyway so any points he gets everyone gets.

I think I might take a -4 and follow you. There is logic.

Just looking through the Martial issue, was having a look at his stats. Since he's been back from injury, his points output is: 6, 2, 10, 2, 2.

Had a look under that to see his BPS. For the 3 games he blanked his BPS was 2, 2, 1

Now for playing 60 minutes you get 6, and they give out points for passes, dribbles, creating chances. That's some going to end up on those scores each time.

He lost points for things like:
    Missing a big chance -3
    Being tackled -1
    Conceding a foul -1
    Being caught offside -1
    Shot off target -1

Basically, when he's off form, he's really off form

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

That's brilliant logic!! Fantastic outside the box thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Balldock is on 4 yellow cards, so he is at risk of suspension.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

FitzShane wrote:
    Balldock is on 4 yellow cards, so he is at risk of suspension.

Thanks, which brings me to my next. Which sheff United defender. 3 of them are approx the same price (4.6) or is Stevens worth the extra .6/.7m

siblers wrote: »
    After watching Utd highlights, I've no regrets getting rid, Utd as a whole were awful. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they put in an improved performance against Spurs
    Just had a look there at them on MOTD. I thought Jenas' piece at the end obviously made it look very poor, but the highlights weren't all bad. Martial had 2 very good chances (one straight at Heaton, one over the bar), and a few more times he was waiting for a pullback from Rashford which didn't come.

For a 7.5 mid, playing massively out of position, he's returned in 4 of the 8 games he's played in, 3 goals and 3 assists, stats very similar to David Silva, Maddison and Pulisic (same price). He's got very little competition for place so suspect he's a little more rotation-prof than Silva/Pulisic.

All in all, I'm holding for this week

Just had a look there at them on MOTD. I thought Jenas' piece at the end obviously made it look very poor, but the highlights weren't all bad. Martial had 2 very good chances (one straight at Heaton, one over the bar), and a few more times he was waiting for a pullback from Rashford which didn't come.

For a 7.5 mid, playing massively out of position, he's returned in 4 of the 8 games he's played in, 3 goals and 3 assists, stats very similar to David Silva, Maddison and Pulisic (same price). He's got very little competition for place so suspect he's a little more rotation-prof than Silva/Pulisic.

I am too now
    My only decision is do I play Abraham and have tomori sub in
    Or sign zaha and start him over Abraham who could then play.........

Like Alli I’ve always caught zaha at right time so would like to go early on him as I hesitated with Alli this time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Went with Ali and Kdb for Martial and Sterling in the end.

I got Tammy and Mount long time ago so won't lose any value on them just yet the way things are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I think I'll do a bit of housekeeping.
    Either Janmaat to Kelly or Button to Martin (other GK is Pope)

Any photos of Chelsea training ..........

• Registered Users Posts: 12,380 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'd have expected him to create more, a lot of times he was failing to get into the box. He never really looked like scoring, he is nailed on but Utd are so bad though. I'd love to have taken a punt on Antonio but too injury prone, least Zaha is guaranteed to always play

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Was hoping Henderson wouldn't rise tonight but he probably will. I've already made a transfer and I don't want to take a hit. Hopefully Pope can get save points or a clean sheet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭McBain11

km79 wrote: »
    Any photos of Chelsea training ..........

Where is Bielsas henchman with the bolt cutters, Iused2likebusts when you need him :-)

Advertisement