Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Borderlands 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I didn't understand how these things get past testing then remembered we're doing the testing nowadays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Played the halloween boss last night for the first time. Not bad for free DLC. I said I better play it before they remove it. I actually thought they had removed it since the new update came out yesterday.

2 months after release and it's still crashing on joining multiplayer on Xbox at least. Guardian ranks broke and even if they were working what lazy so and so thought hey maybe enemies in M4 should have 1000% shields and armor and 850% health. That will be fun right????

I'm done with this for now. It's not even that it's much harder, it's the fact that it takes 3 or 4 times as long to kill anything. 90% of the deaths I had on the takedown were from falling off the map while blindly back peddling and going into a nook with a gap during the mid level boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I didn't understand how these things get past testing then remembered we're doing the testing nowadays

Aye.....get in Death Stranding ffs :)

I know I said I was done but the Maliwan raid was gnawing at me so I said feck it I'll team up with randoms. Most of the time on M4 you get well built partners but no one using mics, not that you need it really but for the first time in years I found myself raging down the mic having gotten to Wotan for the 5th time without any struggle then for it to all go to **** and I roared down the mic "will yee deal with the f'n adds before taking off his f'n shield" :(

Have we a team of 4 to run it on Xbox? Even a Zane built right can do it :D

EDIT: Can't speak for the final boss but the drops along the way are ****e.

what's killing it for me is the multiple crashes at the Valkeries

Got it done tonight, rubbish loot apart from one interesting item a pistol called Moonfire which as a destiny reference I think?

Anyway it's Torgue and guess what? It's not explosive :eek:

It's a straight up revolver, every 3rd shot is amped, +45% crit, 43% weapon damage.

If you don't have the Pile Driver mod for Amara, FARM IT.

In two hours I only got one and it's a bad one (+30% grenade damage, +1600 shiled capacity and +10% Thedore Damage) and it's still improved my end game build. Friend has one with +31% SMG, +18% crit damage and -31% action skill cool down) He better send it soon or he's getting unfriended.

Notes for hotfix this week :
    Addressed a reported concern where The Butcher could occasionally experience excessive recoil

Thats it, no fix for guardian rank perks not working :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Finished my first playthrough a couple nights ago. Ordinarily I would just start up TVHM mode, but Mayhem has me unsure what to do.

I hear Mayhem farmimg on Normal difficulty is the way to go for gearing up, but at the same time I have always hated modifiers/mutators in games so I'm not overly keen. But at the same time if TVHM isn't as efficient as it used to be for farming maybe I should just carry on my Normal playthrough and start working through Mayhem Mode

TVHM is a waste of time basically. Go Mayhem 3 or 4

TVHM is a waste of time basically. Go Mayhem 3 or 4

Cheers Gimli.

Got that impression alright. Mayhem it is.

Not level 50 yet and have a pretty average build atm, guessing Mayhem 3 and 4 are pretty much off limits till max level anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

goon_magee wrote: »
    Cheers Gimli.

Got that impression alright. Mayhem it is.

Not level 50 yet and have a pretty average build atm, guessing Mayhem 3 and 4 are pretty much off limits till max level anyway?

Yea I would start off with Mayhem 1 or 2 and get weapons they drop as my guns from main story were useless for mayhem mode.

We went straight into Mayhem 3 but were way over levelled for the story at the end and there were two of us. We did every side mission, every challenge etc and by the end we were 45 or something. I know another pair that went straight into Mayhem 3 on completion and they got murdered.

• Advertisement

Cheers lads. I'll probably go back and start mopping up side quests and challenges on Mayhem 1 and work up from there then so.

The thing is though if you plan on playing with others down the road like the raid for example it's nearly impossible to find games on normal mode at the minute even on M4. Everyone is over on TVHM.

Yeah well the raid is my main concern tbh, and I would be reliant on matchmaking as well. I'll probably progress TVHM as well if thats the case. I thought more people would be playing normal Mayhem 4 for the most part so cheers for the heads up!

The thing is though if you plan on playing with others down the road like the raid for example it's nearly impossible to find games on normal mode at the minute even on M4. Everyone is over on TVHM.

can't you just flip to TVHM at any point once you complete the game and then matchmake? Wait what am I saying matchmake a Raid with Randoms? A division dev would tell you that can't be done.

can't you just flip to TVHM at any point once you complete the game and then matchmake? Wait what am I saying matchmake a Raid with Randoms? A division dev would tell you that can't be done.

Yes you can but you can't do the raid or match make it in TVHM unless you've finished the story which is annoying as my Amara hasn't finished it.

• Advertisement

So I was giving the TVHM some more thought. Am I right in thinking that TVHM loot chance boosts would stack with MM? I'm currently working through the story on TVHM so I can unlock MM there as well, as I figure the loot drop increases will be even more significant than playing MM on normal difficulty.

I'm also thinking it is probably pointless grinding super hard now anyway as presumably the expansion is going to bump the level cap and make level 50 builds irrelevant.

I'd say get through the story on TVHM and leave side missions for levelling if/when the cap gets increased. Turn on mayhem but if it's slowing you down turn it off. If you need gear matchmake a circle of slaughter on M4 and hoover up all the loot. Plenty of people running it and wrecking it super fast.

Level cap increases will be interesting given some of the Flak and Amara builds there already, Moze suits how I play but she's very second hand end game , well really the raid I guess. With the kind of build I'm using and to make her viable I'd have to spec into a build I wouldn't enjoy playing.

TVHM v Normal loot is marginally better but not enough that it makes a great difference

Patch today https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2019-12-12-borderlands-3-patch-dec-12/

I see it mentioned on that site too that there is something running up to Christmas and the official twitter account will have codes for stuff every day in the run up to it.

Patch today https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2019-12-12-borderlands-3-patch-dec-12/

I see it mentioned on that site too that there is something running up to Christmas and the official twitter account will have codes for stuff every day in the run up to it.

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2019-12-12-gift-of-mayhem/

Patch is live now, 1.2GB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

€35 on sale psn. I’m in!!!!

It's Juliet's Dazzle. Actually didn't have one of those.

EDIT: It's one of the ones from the raid. So a M4 only drop. Nice.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

€35 on sale psn. I’m in!!!!

Was thinking of getting it myself.

Was thinking of getting it myself.

I didn’t play a lot of the first two but the bit I did play the gunplay just felt slightly off in comparison to say Destiny. But this one it feels tighter. Graphically beautiful and the story is a bit of craic. I’m only up to lvl 11 and loving it

https://twitter.com/dgSHiFTCodes/status/1206590336027508737?s=19

FYI just follow this twitter account and have notifications on so you will always get the golden keys once they get tweeted

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I didn’t play a lot of the first two but the bit I did play the gunplay just felt slightly off in comparison to say Destiny. But this one it feels tighter. Graphically beautiful and the story is a bit of craic. I’m only up to lvl 11 and loving it

Do you play on your own or with other people?

I'm finding it very difficult to find people endgame on Xbox. Why leave your game open and then quit when someone joins or say nothing. You're lucky to find one person when you match make for M4 raid or anything.

Most of the LGF posts are for people looking for a cutpurse deathless to be duped for people running tediore builds. I tried that one myself and it's not a fun way to play.

Oh well new content this week so that's something.

Do you play on your own or with other people?

Solo about 70% if the time. Only one mate has it so depends if we happen to be online at the same time

• Advertisement

Still no word on a level cap increase as of yet? Seems odd, was expecting a jump of at least 5 levels. I don't really think a cap increase is needed personally, just strange to see no mention of it.

Was watching IGN's impressions of the DLC yesterday evening. Sounds fine but they aren't overly impressed by the sounds of it; general concern seems to be that this isn't going to bring anything to the table to promote end game engagement or change the meta in a meaningful way.

I'm happy with the game as is at the moment, and all I really want is new content to freshen up subsequent playthroughs with the classes I have yet to touch, which I am getting. Definitely doesn't seem like it is going to bring much to the table for anyone who has been crushing Mayhem 3 and 4 for ages already though and has 4 finely tuned builds across all classes.

DLC is out now

Killed maybe 6 enemies in the DLC and got Zane's new class mod. Looks like a decent one even with the element of chance involved.

EDIT: Actually enjoying this a lot more than most of the main game. Writing and people you meet are great.

Put about 2 and a half hours in last night and really enjoyed it. The writing, location and music are better than the base game by a running mile.

• Advertisement

On sale again but I don't think I'll bother with it , the match making isn't great on PS 4?

Can't speak for PS4 but on Xbox it's terrible , I don't even bother now I just check for LFG posts for people looking to do what ever.

yeah took ages to get 4 into Malewan, two of them died at the Valkeries straight off the bat, Other lad went down twenty seconds later, cue me in a 10 minute battle. Just had the last one dead and I died myself, I'm sure the poor chap who hung around thinks I'm the biggest troll ever.

I hope they checkpoint that section in future, might stop folks quitting out.

Really enjoyed the DLC. In terms of loot I got 14/18 new items just from playing it on M3. No farming with the exception of the rare spawn, which took 7 or 8 reloads to get to appear.

It adds nothing fro me in terms of end game though. The class mods i gave me might be good for running this DLC on M4 but not the rest of the game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement