Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS 13 - Developer, public beta and official release

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

13.3.1 beta 1 is out

13.3.1 beta 2 is out

Beta 3 is out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

13.3.1 officially out now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,365 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The problem with mail showing unread emails when there isn't is still happening.

13.4 beta 1 is out

How do you get the betas? I vaguely remember downloading something (profile?) to my iPad when I first got it so as I could get iPad OS but is something like this open for download for iPhones too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

How do you get the betas? I vaguely remember downloading something (profile?) to my iPad when I first got it so as I could get iPad OS but is something like this open for download for iPhones too?

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭webpal

I’m noticing wifi issues since this latest update. No changes to my home wifi network. Basically, I’ll be on Facebook say and all of a sudden it hangs. The wifi symbol is still there showing full strength. I try safari, mail and other apps and it’s like no connection. Only solution is a soft reboot!

Anyone else experiencing this?

Mine is the same, what kind of phone have you? Is it still the same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I’m noticing wifi issues since this latest update. No changes to my home wifi network. Basically, I’ll be on Facebook say and all of a sudden it hangs. The wifi symbol is still there showing full strength. I try safari, mail and other apps and it’s like no connection. Only solution is a soft reboot!

Anyone else experiencing this?

My wife's phone is showing the same problem. It's really noticeable because we recently got imagine 5g broadband which is super.

I found a post on Reddit which suggested turning off Bluetooth, speeds went straight up to 100mbps. Seems bizarre but worth trying.

13.4 beta 3 now out

beta 4 is out

Beta 5 is out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Someone deleted their post when iOS 13.4 didn’t arrived at 5pm lol!

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Someone deleted their post when iOS 13.4 didn’t arrived at 5pm lol!

Ha! That was me. I didn’t want to be spreading mis-information. It was meant to be yesterday. Rumours this week.

• Advertisement

“iPadOS 13.4 with trackpad support will be available on March 24 as a free software update for all iPad Pro models, iPad Air 2 and later, iPad 5th generation and later, and iPad mini 4 and later.“

iOS 13.4 out now

iOS 13.4 out now

It will be out on 24th March at 5/6pm GMT. The GM version is available for developers now: https://www.google.ie/amp/s/9to5mac.com/2020/03/18/apple-releasing-ios-13-4-and-watchos-6-2-gm-to-developers/amp/

It will be out on 24th March at 5/6pm GMT. The GM version is available for developers now: https://www.google.ie/amp/s/9to5mac.com/2020/03/18/apple-releasing-ios-13-4-and-watchos-6-2-gm-to-developers/amp/

I should have specified that it’s out for members of the beta program ;-)

How are those of you who have been beta testing with an XS Max. finding this update in relation to battery life on the phone?

• Advertisement

My phone updated to 13.4 this morning, no mention of beta or anything. Haven’t checked the iPad yet (it wasn’t signed up for betas).

Nothing on iPad.

Also, because there’s official support for this trackpad they’re releasing does it mean I can plug in and use a real mouse?
    I know you kind of could before, but properly this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Also, because there’s official support for this trackpad they’re releasing does it mean I can plug in and use a real mouse?
    I know you kind of could before, but properly this time.

Yeah it just expands on the current support that’s there. So the majority of mice and trackpads will get the extra functionality.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Yeah it just expands on the current support that’s there. So the majority of mice and trackpads will get the extra functionality.

Brilliant. When I’m set up with the keyboard (on this or a laptop) I never got fully on board with the touchscreen thing if I’be real work to do. I’d never use the laptop without my USB mouse.

iOS 13.4 is officially available now for download.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

The mail app appears to have finally been fixed!!

iPad is finally useful for Excel. Class.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Vudgie wrote: »
    The mail app appears to have finally been fixed!!

No, still broken.

What’s broken about it? I’ve never had an issue apart from the faff of attachments but that seems more of a design choice than something broken.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

What’s broken about it? I’ve never had an issue apart from the faff of attachments but that seems more of a design choice than something broken.

Notifications don't work correctly.

Ah right. I’ve never seen it. The odd time I’ll have a notification and a 1 showing on inbox and it might take 5 seconds or so before I see the email but it’s never longer than that and very rare.

There is still no apple health widget that’s annoying

And I’d still love to see a proper Control Center shortcut for mobile hotspot.

And I’d still love to see a proper Control Center shortcut for mobile hotspot.

Long press or 3D Touch on the toggles section in control centre and you will have this option.

No, still broken.

Apologies you are right, I got excited I thought they had fixed it.

Can it be that hard to fix!!?

13.4.1 beta 1 is out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

peteeeed wrote: »
    13.4.1 beta 1 is out

Not just a beta, but a full release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

iOS & iPadOS 13.4.5 public Beta out now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭pad199207

iOS 13.4.1 now out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

pad199207 wrote: »
    iOS 13.4.1 now out

It's been out since 7 April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭pad199207

It's been out since 7 April.

Oh? How come I’m only getting this now.

pad199207 wrote: »
    Oh? How come I’m only getting this now.

Updates are rolled out to users gradually unless you check for them.

13.5 beta 2 is out

Beta 3 is out

• Advertisement

iOS 13.5 is officially available now.

Anything yet on whether the Mail app is fixed?

iOS 13.5.1 has dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

IOS 13.5.5 beta dropped also.

Vudgie wrote: »
    Anything yet on whether the Mail app is fixed?

No. I'd say it will be iOS 14 before it's fixed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement