Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 13 - Developer, public beta and official release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

peteeeed wrote: »
    Available ....... now

Bingo!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Installed this morning on an Xr, no issues so far, thankfully! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

eeloe wrote: »
    Installed this morning on an Xr, no issues so far, thankfully! :)

Agreed. Battery is bullet proof too.

Seems 13.1 beta 1 has been pushed out to developers today.

[edit] seems some other sources think it’s a beta 9 mislabel.

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/08/27/apple-releases-ios-13-1-beta-1-to-developers/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Mr.S wrote: »
    13.1 beta already out.

Doesn’t give you much hope for 13.0 being shipped on the new iPhones.

Apple have never shipped a new iPhone without the latest iOS update. Very unlikely they won’t ship with iOS 13. I’ve also seen some developers say the new iPhone will rely on certain aspects of iOS 13 (frameworks or whatnot) that aren’t in 12.4 so again very unlikely.

I’ve seen reports that iOS 13 is still really buggy even in these late stage betas. So could be that 13 is now locked in for release it it’s current state, with the focus on iOS 13.1 to fix most bugs and add the features that won’t be there on release.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

might be shooting myself in the foot here, but iOS 13 hasn't been buggy for me at all across a couple of devices.

It would appear that some of the really heavy tasks were left out of 13.0, and have been added back in for 13.1, so they'll start trouble shooting them from here.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Poorly written on my part.

New iPhone will ship with iPhone 13.0 but what I meant was the stability of 13.0 can't be great if they are going to be pushing 13.1 soon after release.

The seeded betas for iOS 13 have been a world apart from iOS 12 betas in terms of bugs and stability, which was pretty good from even the first beta.
    I get what you meant now when I reread it, I agree it definitely seems like a strange cycle for iOS betas. Can’t remember if they’ve ever shipped a point update before a major x.0 release.

I’ve not run the beta, but I’ve seen mixed opinions on the stability of 13 also, it’s hard to say but having the 13.1 beta out definitely doesn’t inspire confidence.

Strange with 12 being so focused on stability, and supposedly a lot of features originally meant for 12 were delayed until this release. You’d think with all the extra time to work on those it would be a lot more stable.

13.1 public beta has just appeared on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

13.1 public beta has just appeared on my phone.

A reminder if anyone wants to get back off the beta to delete the profile now.

shanec1928 wrote: »
    A reminder if anyone wants to get back off the beta to delete the profile now.

Indeed. That crossed my mind.. but curiosity and all that :D

I don’t have auto update on.. I installed by choice. I should have said, it was available to update to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭KildareP

13.1 PB2 out

13.1 breaks Dominos pizza app guys! Not sure about 13 as I hadn’t used it during that time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

13.1 breaks Dominos pizza app guys! Not sure about 13 as I hadn’t used it during that time.

Breaks in what way?
    Working fine for me up to payment screen.

Davy wrote: »
    Breaks in what way?
    Working fine for me up to payment screen.

Making a custom pizza, when adding ingredients. Also, payment section didn’t work apart from cash and order.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Official release for 13 is the 19th 13.1 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Any word on the GM? Wouldn’t that normally be released today

Simply Red wrote: »
    Any word on the GM? Wouldn’t that normally be released today
    Yeah the GM is released now.

13.1 PB3 out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

If I download it now. Will I get 13 or 13.1?
    I don't want 13.1.

Also has the Apple watch GM been released?

The public beta? If you sign up for that now you’ll get the 13.1 update. That’s Apples current running beta.

And yes, the watchOS GM was released today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

So iOS 13 is due out tomorrow. Worryingly, I've seen reports that it's still fairly buggy. Hopefully 13.1 will stabilize it.

It seems like a lot of the bugs and issues seem to be from developers using the betas. Obviously they're coming from a lot more of an in-depth look at the update. The main complaints I've seen from just normal users trying out the betas are the odd UI glitch and app crashes. The app crashes will hopefully be resolved with apps now being able to update to the iOS 13 SDK. 

So from an every day users perspective, iOS 13 will be mostly fine, and by the 13.1 update at the end of the month most issues will be resolved. To me, it seems like iOS 13.1 was the intended release, but for whatever reason (probably iPhone release schedule) they had to move things forward a little.

iOS 13.1 PB4 out

• Administrators Posts: 53,398 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

What time can we expect 13 tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

awec wrote: »
    What time can we expect 13 tomorrow?

5 or 6 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭turfthrower

I've been using iPadOS 13 for around six weeks and find it incredibly stable. Haven't seen a single problem with normal use, so I wonder if this is being blown out of proportion a little. Unless the iPhone edition is significantly different?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Yup. Had to refresh it twice but download is starting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭pad199207

iPhone updated now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Is iPadOS out with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

Not yet

Advertisement