Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 13 - Developer, public beta and official release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭KildareP

Running nicely on an iPhone 6S Plus since last night. Few animation glitches but no crashes and nice and responsive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Mr.S wrote: »
    It’s early release software, it’s going to be filled with bugs - that’s the point!

I understand it’s beta software. However I’ve come across no bugs as yet. All my apps working as normal. Doesn’t seem to be any battery drain. The updated photos app is much better. Swipe keyboard is a great addition. Worth the update for the improved Face ID unlocking time alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Viber crashes for me as soon as I open it, other than that seems to be pretty stable with just a few animation glitches

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Simply Red wrote: »
    Viber crashes for me as soon as I open it, other than that seems to be pretty stable with just a few animation glitches

It didn't reinstall correctly from a backup I would say. If you delete and then install again it should open correctly. Not sure if this effects the chats or not

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Got bored and installed it.

Not worth it on a main device, battery drain is significant and springboard crashes are common.

Wait a few rounds before putting it on a main device.

The curiosity is going to kill me!! I’ll do my best to resist the temptation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

The double Whatsapp notifications seem to have rectified itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Nothing crazy on my iphone X - all apps working, only bug i see is no private viewing mode in Safari - strange one is the Outlook app in a folder is dimmed like its due an update - but it works perfect.

A bug i found was that sometimes if i take a screenshot of the screen it doesn't save. Usually rebooting the phone fixes it for another while (beta 2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

I had it on my Iphone 8 for a few days, I really like it in general, but I'm restoring 12 to replace it.

It was not sending notifications of some/most apps to my apple watch
    It was sending me the same google maps direction every 3 or 4 minutes, even after I shut off notifications and reinstalled google maps

Youtube would not connect to my chromecast

Facebook would crash If I clicked on a tab

it was displaying no notifications from Messenger

It was not notifying me of text messages.

It was not sending notifications from airbnb app

I really like the new safari though. I also really like the dark mode, I would use it all the time.

I installed it on an old 6S this morning to kill my curiosity.. I was trying on my iPad Air and then realised it’s just 1 too old for devices capable of running. Ah well, I was thinking about a new iPad anyway :D Anyway, Agreeing with others about dark mode, it’s very cool. The swipe text thing, I’m not sold on. I guess it takes getting used to.. I couldn’t comment on battery drain as the battery in this device is on its last legs anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I’m using this with a week, no major issues, apart from a little battery drain, and that not a single person can actually call me?

No one can get through calling me on gsm, FaceTime isn’t an issue!

Anyone have any ideas?

Wifi calling doesn't work properly on 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭cracker

eeloe wrote: »
    I’m using this with a week, no major issues, apart from a little battery drain, and that not a single person can actually call me?

No one can get through calling me on gsm, FaceTime isn’t an issue!

Anyone have any ideas?

Could it be the new “silence unknown callers” option? Or are your contacts not able to get through either?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

took me an age to figure out they have moved the request desktop site in safari to the other side of the address bar on ipados. seems like a change for the sake of it

cracker wrote: »
    Could it be the new “silence unknown callers” option? Or are your contacts not able to get through either?

Contacts can’t get through either.

Public beta 2 is available, gonna see if I can find the Apple store in Amsterdam and try and update!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭cracker

Contacts can’t get through either.

Public beta 2 is available, gonna see if I can find the Apple store in Amsterdam and try and update!

It might be a bug with this feature in the beta - maybe just confirm it is turned off if not already.

Beta 2 out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

just installed and seems ok on iPhone x

had a lot of issues with Beta 1, hopefully they are resolved in Beta 2, it seems a lot less buggy so far on my Xs Max.

same issue with people trying to call me, no one can call me, i just get a call catcher txt from eir, and i have to call the person back, been happening now since June 27th.

• Advertisement

same issue with people trying to call me, no one can call me, i just get a call catcher txt from eir, and i have to call the person back, been happening now since June 27th.

Finding Eir a bit sketchy at the moment in general.
    Lot of my outbound calls showing "Call Failed" on first attempt too.

Wife is having issues with lots of her inbound calls going straight to voicemail, she's on an iPhone but it's the general release iOS 12 that she's running on her phone so it doesn't seem to be public beta related.

I was gonna install Public Beta 2 it myself but I've read there's a lot of issues... I'll keep holding out for the good news :)

KildareP wrote: »
    Finding Eir a bit sketchy at the moment in general.
    Lot of my outbound calls showing "Call Failed" on first attempt too.

Wife is having issues with lots of her inbound calls going straight to voicemail, she's on an iPhone but it's the general release iOS 12 that she's running on her phone so it doesn't seem to be public beta related.

have been on the phone to eir for another 2 hours, granted 90 minutes of that was on hold.

They have suggested trying another iphone xs max(because i just have one laying around) with my sim card, to see if it is a handset issue, no point using another handset, because the issue might not be the same on another device.

Or try a new sim card, so i've got a new sim card on the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Anyone else finding the battery drain significant on public beta 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

I will personally never again go for a beta upgrade, Ive had lots of issues with it initially, then had trouble rolling back to the previous, lost all my music etc, then couldn't connect to iTunes, restore the phone again, but couldnt restore from the back up as the back up was on the beta, so had to mess around a whole lot, took about 18 hours in total and many headaches.

Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Running the public beta on my XS and on my series 4 watch and no issues so far.
    Love that we can now download files on safari..took them bloody long enough.
    Also like the new watch face..really wish they'd release more of these or open them up to 3rd party.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Revolut now crashing and unusable on iOS 13. Deal breaker for me, back to iOS 12 until it’s released!

Production or beta app?

Still having the call issue with Eir.

Got a new sim in the post today, and after an hour long phone call of them telling me i had to go to the store to get it swapped, they eventually done it over the phone.

As soon as the new sim was installed, got a call catcher txt to say someone tried to call me, so the issue is still there.

Called Eir Business to get released from contract to move to a different network, and they said because i can make outbound calls, that's the only part of the service they have to provide to be able to keep me in contract, and if i want to leave i have to pay the remaining 13 months to leave.

So i have to stay here, for another 13 months, and anytime someone tries to call me, i have to wait for the call catcher text, to get notified and then call them back.

Still having the call issue with Eir.

Got a new sim in the post today, and after an hour long phone call of them telling me i had to go to the store to get it swapped, they eventually done it over the phone.

As soon as the new sim was installed, got a call catcher txt to say someone tried to call me, so the issue is still there.

Called Eir Business to get released from contract to move to a different network, and they said because i can make outbound calls, that's the only part of the service they have to provide to be able to keep me in contract, and if i want to leave i have to pay the remaining 13 months to leave.

So i have to stay here, for another 13 months, and anytime someone tries to call me, i have to wait for the call catcher text, to get notified and then call them back.

How is half a service suffice to keep you in contract??? Absolute B%#*Sh#t!!!

• Advertisement

According to them, they can see on their system that i'm actually getting the calls, i'm just not answering them.

I'm getting the call catcher texts, they are telling me that i'm not, so what has to happen now is, i have to give them the details of 3 calls, name, address, phone number, and network provider, and the time of the call, within a 24 hour period. Then the technical department will look in to it.

Typically, i've got 8 calls, 6 of them came through, no issues, and two of them i got call catchers for.

Another option that they want me to do is locate another handset, but it has to be the exact same spec as mine, so 256gb iPhone XS Max, and try it for 24 hours...but it has to be the exact same.

I'm really at my wits end with all this, i originally thought it was an iOS13 issue, but now it appears to be just Eir being absolute ****.

Advertisement