Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-05-2007, 19:21   #31
superboy

Junkyard this one's especially for you.
got the pic off a friend a year or two ago. he's into the american stuff. I think it was built by duffy's in 1962. tis a chevrolet Biscayne, i think. can't remember where it is, but i could find out if you like. best of luck with the daimler, btw. Is it a majestic major?

1962 Chevy Biscayne Hearse2.JPG
Thanks from:
Advertisement
28-05-2007, 09:37   #32
MercMad

Interesting !

Looks like an old picture, judging by the other cars there, Volvo, Carina and the SD1.

It would be nice to see that Chevy saved !
28-05-2007, 10:04   #33
Dades
Would you like to know more?

A lonely looking pagoda in someone's front garden around the corner from me.
Doesn't seem to have moved in at least two years...

I wouldn't mind but the driveway has loads of space, so why park it on the carnivorous grass?
Thanks from:
28-05-2007, 10:32   #34
MercMad

Wow ! Its a sin to leave one of those just sitting there waiting for the rot to arrive !

I recall someone rang me about one, a few years back, that colour, said the floor was rotten and the sills, but still decent enough with all the right bits. This guy was South Dublin/Wicklow border area. Could it be the same one ??

Roughly where is it ............any more photos? It looks like a 230SL, is it Irish reg'd ?
28-05-2007, 13:56   #35
Dades
Would you like to know more?

I'll take a closer look when I get a chance. See how it's registered and maybe use a proper camera with a zoom so I don't get done for trespassing!

It's located off Mount Merrion avenue in South Dub.

Those pics probably make it look rougher than it is.
Advertisement
28-05-2007, 19:24   #36

On the N2, going up in the direction of Navan, if you were going north, on the right hand side of the road, there is an house that has an old Mercedes W123 coupé in the front garden. It looks to have been there for a LONG time as it is in bad order. The car is located somewhere between the Black Bull and Navan (not sure exactly where, but you'll see it if you look out for it). Never got around to taking a picture of it, but it is always there for anyone who is interested.
28-05-2007, 20:59   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy
Junkyard this one's especially for you.
got the pic off a friend a year or two ago. he's into the american stuff. I think it was built by duffy's in 1962. tis a chevrolet Biscayne, i think. can't remember where it is, but i could find out if you like. best of luck with the daimler, btw. Is it a majestic major?

Attachment 41234
Thanks for that superboy, another one for my collection. If you can find out where it is if it's still there and yes, it's a Majestic Major, I have a saloon too, I bought the hearse as a parts supply but on closer inspection it's turned out the hearse is a very rare one according to the Daimler Owners Club who pleaded with me to restore it so I will shortly.

Last edited by junkyard; 28-05-2007 at 21:04.
28-05-2007, 22:09   #38

Anybody got pics of the opel graveyard in nobber yet?
I'll be passing there on wednesday on my way home but I've forgotten my camera
28-05-2007, 22:16   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Damage
On the N2, going up in the direction of Navan, if you were going north, on the right hand side of the road, there is an house that has an old Mercedes W123 coupé in the front garden. It looks to have been there for a LONG time as it is in bad order. The car is located somewhere between the Black Bull and Navan (not sure exactly where, but you'll see it if you look out for it). Never got around to taking a picture of it, but it is always there for anyone who is interested.
Funnily enough I was passing there this morning (N3?) - there's another older Merc in that garden nearer the Dublin side - I never spotted it before so they must have cut a hedge or something. Looks like it might be a Pagoda or something - hard to tell at 100kmh.... (you can only spot it of you're travelling towards Navan)
Advertisement
28-05-2007, 22:36   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spit62500
Funnily enough I was passing there this morning (N3?) - there's another older Merc in that garden nearer the Dublin side - I never spotted it before so they must have cut a hedge or something. Looks like it might be a Pagoda or something - hard to tell at 100kmh.... (you can only spot it of you're travelling towards Navan)
You're right. it's the N3, not the N2. I get mixed up with those. It's a light green colour from what I saw of it.
29-05-2007, 06:44   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyard
There's a splitscreen camper van in Crosshaven for the taking, needs lots of work, I've told a few people about it but no one seems to be able to find the house. There's also 2 bubble cars sitting in a field not far from it and an old Wolsley in a shed there too.
What model is the Wolseley? My father sold a Farina shape two tone 15/50 (Yukon Grey and I think another shade of grey with a red leather interior) to someone down that direction a good few years ago - I'd be interested in getting it back...
29-05-2007, 08:32   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkle
Anybody got pics of the opel graveyard in nobber yet?
I'll be passing there on wednesday on my way home but I've forgotten my camera

I'm up there today and can come home that way. I'll do it.
29-05-2007, 08:46   #43
AMHRASACH

Francais

. . er . . did I spot a Panhard Levassor in those pics, Junkyard?
29-05-2007, 10:04   #44
MercMad

Quote:
Quote:
You're right. it's the N3, not the N2. I get mixed up with those. It's a light green colour from what I saw of it.
.......the green metallic one is a W114 280CE Coupe, well gone, and the other one is a navy blue W108 280SE 3.5 V8. Both used to have original Irish reg' numbers but the guy who owns them is a d1ckhead. I approached him about 6 years ago, he's a contruction steel welder, and he said he would have them up and running within a year. All he has done is take bits off them and move the blue one around. It had its front wing off when I saw it and is was very rusty. Having sat out and on the grass for so long I'd say its fu<ked by now.
29-05-2007, 15:04   #45
superboy

okay Junkyard,
The story is that this fella has more than just one of these chevy hearses. but when the photo was taken in 2005, the guy wasn't interested in selling any. he was keeping them for parts for a 61 chevy wagon he was restoring. (slowly, according to my source!) Shame, because they were all solid where it counted, even though they looked scabby. also their rarity is a big reason to save them. Now, i can't remember where they were, but i am trying to find out.
As far as i know, all these chevys were converted from sedans (2 and 4 doors) and all were automatic with six cylinder engines (no V8s) by Duffys. I have heard of another since, in Carlow town, being converted into an El-Camino pickup!!! I'll let you know more asap!!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion