Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67,051 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I would have loved to have seen the EUs high priest himself, the rabid, fanatical, bucktooth federalist Verhofstadts face when that speech was made. If you think that's bad you should check him out in full flight... A raving maniac

Tell us, before you do a 'look over there', who was being 'oppressed' when Thatcher was running around with the title of chief architect of the Single Market or when Britain blocked CAP reform etc?

The woman is a loon and an embarrassment to all of Britain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Moleskin

What do ye think of President Higgins talking about the UK having tantrums.

I have to say I am pretty annoyed about this, its not like Higgins have ever worked at anything that wasnt a cushy number.

There are a lot of people in employment here and in the Uk and the UK is our nearest neighbour and going to Germany and passing smart arse comments may backfire on us.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    I'm actually happy enough to see the Brexit party ruffling feathers in the EU parliament.

The EU is turning into a creditors and debtors club. The creditors will make the decisions for the rest. Veto rights and voting systems will eventually change and the Germans and French will decide the path.

'Ruffling feathers'? They are being ridiculed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

'Ruffling feathers'? They are being ridiculed.

I don't think so. They will be a constant pain in the arse in Brussels. Ridicule them all you like but they will keep turning up and upsetting the apple cart.

The EU beef deal with south America was great news for Ireland wasn't it.

I don't particularly like the EU so maybe my opinions are different to yours. But that's ok

I don't think so. They will be a constant pain in the arse in Brussels. Ridicule them all you like but they will keep turning up and upsetting the apple cart.

I don't particularly like the EU so maybe my opinions are different to yours. But that's ok

The EU has never been and never will be a perfect entity. It is a case of swings and roundabouts with the overall result being tremendously good for Ireland.

• Advertisement

Moleskin wrote: »

I have to say I am pretty annoyed about this, its not like Higgins have ever worked at anything that wasnt a cushy number.

There are a lot of people in employment here and in the Uk and the UK is our nearest neighbour and going to Germany and passing smart arse comments may backfire on us.

The German president had no problem speaking his mind, why would you censor ours?

Just when you think Brexiteers have hit maximum embarrassment we get this. Utterly insane stuff.

<SNIP>

Is that not a parody account? The part about the British being the "oppressed" and her defence of the rights of the colonised against imperial powers, and equation of the English with the 'slaves' of history who have revolted against their master would indicate it is.

Otherwise this is a victimhood, delusion, scapegoating, lies and propaganda on a grand scale - comparable with Germany between late 1929 and 1933. But then again even the Nazis were cautious not to alienate foreign powers (whom they needed for finance and other political support) at least until 1935 when they were stronger. Here, she's going on an attack against all the members of the 27 other EU countries present in the parliament and the British are going to need an awful lot of friends in the coming years. Pride, or rather conceit, before a downfall and all that. Their comeuppance can surely not be too far off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I didn't know that twirling in their seats and throwing around a few insults is upsetting the apple cart.

This is all just for UK audience, the rest of Europe will just roll their eyes and count down the days. Nidge will earn loads of money from speaking appearances and UK will be ****ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

I got a job out of brexit, thank you idiot Britons and Boris the b****x

• Registered Users Posts: 23,280 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

The UK have put the whole thing on hold while they play out a massive charade 're leadership of the conservatives. I do d this unbelievable. Our politicians are saying we cannot have an election prior to benefit yet the UK are changing the PM and very likey the government.

• Advertisement

I'm actually happy enough to see the Brexit party ruffling feathers in the EU parliament.

The EU is turning into a creditors and debtors club. The creditors will make the decisions for the rest. Veto rights and voting systems will eventually change and the Germans and French will decide the path.

Ruffling feathers? Nothing could be further from the reality. These uncouth, unmannerly, disrespectful populist goons and their scapegoating of British-created problems on to the EU are clearly a target for nothing but scorn and contempt. Anybody can see they're just building all the lies to justify the political suicide that is Brexit. This has scapegoating written all over it - and historians will crucify the abject dishonesty of all these people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Ruffling feathers? Nothing could be further from the reality. These uncouth, unmannerly, disrespectful populist goons and their scapegoating of British-created problems on to the EU are clearly a target for nothing but scorn and contempt. Anybody can see they're just building all the lies to justify the political suicide that is Brexit. This has scapegoating written all over it - and historians will crucify the abject dishonesty of all these people.

I don't disagree. I also couldn't care less what happens to the UK. I don't really care about what happens to the EU or even Ireland either if I'm honest. I don't have any real say ,it's out of my hands.
    Iv learned long ago to not care about things I have no control over .

But like I said I'm happy to see the Brexit party in Brussels acting against the status quo. It will be an interesting few months. Hopefully all over by October/November

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Moleskin wrote: »

What do i think, i think he's an absolute pleb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

What EU Beef deal ??

There is a proposed TRADE deal with a trade block in South America. As part of that deal there will be some import of South American Beef.

The beef industry has assured us for decades that our Irish Grass fed beef is far far superior so there shouldn't be an issue. Irish beef also competes on international markets against South American beef.

It is one tiny part of a larger trade deal with a huge market,,

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Has anyone mentioned Anne Widdecombe yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Does the carry-on with the way the Plum Jobs were handed out look good for the Eu .

Back room deals done without any say by the Public .

Its a bit like Royalty handing out Baronies !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Has anyone mentioned Anne Widdecombe yet?

Yes.

Yes.

Good good carry on! :pac:

He seemed to be fairly ok with it.

https://twitter.com/guyverhofstadt/status/1146752235176714241

Does she realise how f*cking ridiculous she sounded talking about colonies leaving empires????

She doesn't believe a word she says. She just wants the attention.

knipex wrote: »
    What EU Beef deal ??

There is a proposed TRADE deal with a trade block in South America. As part of that deal there will be some import of South American Beef.

The beef industry has assured us for decades that our Irish Grass fed beef is far far superior so there shouldn't be an issue. Irish beef also competes on international markets against South American beef.

It is one tiny part of a larger trade deal with a huge market,,

It is the sign of somebody who just wants to whinge - to cherrypick out the bad stuff or the stuff were we might lose out and never ever look at the good stuff the EU has done. Same thing happens with representations of the referendums, the big bad mysterious 'EU' forced us (who believed en masse in sensational conspiracy theories about abortion and armies) vote twice etc etc. When the reality was a lot different.

The Daily Mail etc have been feeding a certain type of British person this one sighted diet (bendy bananas, etc) for years and we can now see how dangerous this is.

• Advertisement

Throughout History when Humans have become too Powerful , They have Formed Empires .

Why would the Eu be any different to Human History .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭trashcan

Does she realise how f*cking ridiculous she sounded talking about colonies leaving empires????

Probably not, but then she’s as batty as Batman in a cave full of bats. Utterly ridiculous person. Her “celebrity “ status on British TV over the past few years is mystifying.

trashcan wrote: »
    Probably not, but then she’s as batty as Batman in a cave full of bats. Utterly ridiculous person. Her “celebrity “ status on British TV over the past few years is mystifying.

I heard her doubling down on it on Newsnight. She claimed that many many people in the UK agreed with her...of that I have no doubt.

blinding wrote: »
    Throughout History when Humans have become too Powerful , They have Formed Empires .

Why would the Eu be any different to Human History .

:D:D Isn't it a nice change to be a part of the Empire this time...some people are never happy! :rolleyes::D

:D:D Isn't it a nice change to be a part of the Empire this time...some people are never happy! :rolleyes::D
    Well , The Irish Love an Empire .

So many down on their knees to the British Empire and the Catholic Church Empire . There is something about Irish People that Love to Worship an Empire .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

So many down on their knees to the British Empire and the Catholic Church Empire . There is something about Irish People that Love to Worship an Empire .

Have you trouble understanding the difference between 'being a voting member of' and 'being occupied by'?

Yeh, I get your comparison...the nasty EU marching into countries, annexing them, suppressing the natives, stealing their resources and wealth, subjugating women based on some biblical nonsense, covering up wholesale abuse etc etc.

Would you ever have a titter of wit. :rolleyes:

Yeh, I get your comparison...the nasty EU marching into countries, annexing them, suppressing the natives, stealing their resources and wealth, subjugating women based on some biblical nonsense, covering up wholesale abuse etc etc.

Would you ever have a titter of wit. :rolleyes:
    Its early days in the Eu Empire . Sure didn’t some Irish Invite the English here back in the Day .

Empires are not Empires at the beginning. Thought out Human History when Some Humans become too Powerful they form Empires .

Why would the Eu be any different .

The handing out of the Eu Plum Jobs has the feel / look of Baronies been handed out by Royalty / Empires .

Have you trouble understanding the difference between 'being a voting member of' and 'being occupied by'?
    Leo does as his Eu Masters direct .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Sure didn’t some Irish Invite the English here back in the Day

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement