Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Winter 2019/2020 - General Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Snow on some of the Mountain's today.

fl9mKjI.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

about -2 in my garden in Cork City. Cars covered in a thick frost. Car drove into the estate a minute ago and made the black ice shine on the road. Dangerous conditions tonight id say. Gritter is going up and down the main roa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

Has been a fairly miserable evening and night in this part of Mayo. A showery band of rain pushed in from the northwest. There was some traces of sleet in it during the earlier heavy pulses but sleet is only the greatest disappointment of them all! Temperature has been hovering just over 4c here.
    After a not too bad November in these parts, the place is sodden again. Would gladly take a dry week be it mild or frosty, but not on the cards in the next number of days.
    I see Moore Park registered -3 at 10 and 11pm and regular posters in the east and south recording below freezing temps. Meanwhile as I type, I hear the rain drumming on the roof again. Would have been fun and games if a couple of degrees colder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Heavy frost. Meath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Cork981

-3 degrees just outside the North side of Cork City right now. Roads will definitely be slippery in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Twas a carefully slow spin home. Recorded -3C as well

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Just back from work, reading minus 3 from cork City to West Cork. The roads are sparkling like diamonds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Could be some ninja snow with that band of moisture moving across the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Kutebride wrote: »
    Heavy frost. Meath.

This disappeared overnight? Still 2 degrees but not slippy like yesterday morning.
    Calm. Overcast.
    Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

2C and spitting rain in Naas. I was expecting frost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

riggerman wrote: »
    Just back from work, reading minus 3 from cork City to West Cork. The roads are sparkling like diamonds.

Yep, diamonds sparkling under the street lights in Greystones as well. So roads could be quite dangerous this morning for motorists, especially on the back roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Lucreto wrote: »
    2C and spitting rain in Naas. I was expecting frost.

-2 in Arklow and very frosty at the moment

Everything white (with frost :p) this morning in cork city. Thick frost and cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,219 ✭✭✭pad199207

Status Yellow - Rainfall warning for Carlow, Kilkenny, Wexford, Wicklow, Cork, Kerry, Tipperary and Waterford

Heavy rain will push northeastwards on Wednesday with rainfall accumulations of 30-40mm expected with the risk of localised flooding.

Valid: 04:00 Wednesday 18/12/2019 to 19:00 Wednesday 18/12/2019

Issued: 10:00 Tuesday 17/12/2019

147888-E4-6-C27-43-E1-9-AC2-2-D5785-D3-AA4-F.jpg

Status Yellow - Wind warning for Ireland

Southeast winds, later veering southerly will gust 90-110km/h on Wednesday, strongest in coastal areas.

Valid: 12:00 Wednesday 18/12/2019 to 23:59 Wednesday 18/12/2019

Issued: 10:00 Tuesday 17/12/2019

Exactly what we need, i thought the garden was looking a bit dry without the puddles alright.

Still cold out there in cork city this morning though, cars still covered in hard frost.

Light snizzle here near Arklow at the moment
    Actual flakes!
    Falling onto frozen ground too
    Wasnt expecting that but not surprised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Cold! Clear skies though so won't complain. Car said -1 at 10 AM but wouldn't trust that.

Yesterday my fingers were numb for a while, luckily today I'm not working.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

no frost this morning in Meath but it is cold and slightly foggy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Cold clear with long spells of December sunshine here in Castlebar. Sunset at 4.16pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,227 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Fairly dense fog just set in over Galway city, very unexpected, it was sunny 15 minutes ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Very foggy here in meath today, fairly poor visibility, and its cold, stove lit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Fog has descended on Galway...I remember we used to get alot of cold foggy weather in the past...at least its something different...Hopefully we get some freezing fog this winter like we used to get...looks nice with all the grass and trees all white

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Fog has descended on Galway...I remember we used to get alot of cold foggy weather in the past...at least its something different...Hopefully we get some freezing fog this winter like we used to get...looks nice with all the grass and trees all white

It's quite dense now. Can't remember the last time it was this foggy.

A nice clear evening just east of Castlebar. Perfect for glimpsing venus in the southwestern twilight. A welcome break from precipitation here today and the clear blue skies helped the spirits revive before tomorrow's weather system and it's associated greyness comes rattling in again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a lovely peaceful, cold and foggy day here in Meath. Tomorrow will be worlds away from today. Met Eireann already mentioning possible flooding for tomorrow, particularly for the saturated east and south-east.

• Advertisement

Thick Fog has formed in Castlebar. Should clear later as winds freshen ahead of a miserable day tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Nice calm, cold and sunny day in Letterkenny again, ice barely melted all day and the car was frozen again as I was leaving work

Looking very windy in places tomorrow. Could catch a few by surprise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Thick Fog has formed in Castlebar.

Ditto here in Galway. Dense fog that developed rapidly in the last 30 mins or so.

New Moon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Ditto here in Galway. Dense fog that developed rapidly in the last 30 mins or so.

Pain in the hole frosty drive to work last 2 days
    But nothing compared to the drive home
    Never thought I’d be looking forward to rainy weather !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭lcasey90

Athlone had fog from early this morning still around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭giveitholly

km79 wrote: »
    Pain in the hole frosty drive to work last 2 days
    But nothing compared to the drive home
    Never thought I’d be looking forward to rainy weather !

km79 looking forward to rain? Did you fall and hit your head!!!!

Knock met report at 1830 giving just 150 meters visibility. Some nasty driving conditions around .

km79 looking forward to rain? Did you fall and hit your head!!!!

:D

Knock met report at 1830 giving just 150 meters visibility. Some nasty driving conditions around .

I can testify to that
    Was torture

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Just as quickly as the fog arrived in Galway its was gone again...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Very poor around Castlebar currently as well, a thick fog has set in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Gonzo wrote: »
    a lovely peaceful, cold and foggy day here in Meath.

Are you grace in disguise? ;)

That fog has now made it to Ballyvary also which is 11kms east of Castlebar. From black ice the last two mornings to these conditions this eve, driving has been quite testing alright for drivers at times. One of the downsides of the relative cold and dampness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

There's something in the fog!!

• Advertisement

Fog starting to roll into cork city now, not very dense but there. Footpaths are white with frost and roads in my estate too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Classic!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

As long as Jamie Lee Curtis doesn`t show up everyone should be OK.

As long as Jamie Lee Curtis doesn`t show up everyone should be OK.

I watched Trading Places last night
    I’d be fine if she appeared out of the fog ........

km79 wrote: »
    I watched Trading Places last night
    I’d be fine if she appeared out of the fog ........

After 30 yrs she looks a little different;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Interesting weather in cork city. It's cold and the road and paths are frozen outside but the cars are not. The paths may be frozen from last night maybe, got no sun today.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Tzmaster90

Mortelaro wrote: »
    After 30 yrs she looks a little different;)
    Zombie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭OldRio

Heavy rain falling onto saturated ground. Fields flooding and lochs and lakes full.
    We could do with some relief it's been very wet since late August. Depressing weather to be honest.
    Co. Leitrim.

• Advertisement

The sun may not have set officially yet, but this is as dark a mid December afternoon as they come. Miserable.
    Mayo.

Advertisement