Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    Thanks, the Memento backpack does look fantastic. On a shield build it's 2+ tiers on it's own. Can't wait to get it.

Yup.. I'm running a 5 tier skill with one red turret and drone maxed build with technician to get the 6th tier. But the new pistol with added skill tier using in sync is a beast to trigger overdrive. I'm only a few skill levels from new backpack. It's gonna be the best exotic piece in collection hands down. So many build options available...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Spent the evening grinding season levels and picked up the Memento a short while ago - initial build I've added the Hunter's chest piece back for more likelihood of keeping it at max during an entire engagement, and added The Forge for shield strength so shifting this a bit more to Tanky and seeing if the Trophy damage compensates. I'm too tired to give it a decent run but as I usually do for new gear I dropped back to Challenging to get used to it first. I Just did open world up to a CP and took it down, at the end boss I thought I'd at least do one more and bump it to Heroic. Then noticed the boss was named and along the way I'd already bumped this one. Soooo,yeah it made Heroic feel like challenging. Me likey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Question for those who have been playing this for a while. I got into it during the XBL Gold free play days over the weekend, and I see now that all edition are heavily reduced for the next few days (<€5 for the base edition, 15 for the Warlords DLC included, and €20 for the Warlords Ultimate edition).

Are the editions with DLC added worth the extra spend? I'm thinking the middle one probably is, as I don't see the DLC being sold standalone for less than a tenner, but given that Year 1 is long past, at least one of the perks of the ultimate edition is effectively expired. Thanks in advance for any advice!

cython wrote: »
    Question for those who have been playing this for a while. I got into it during the XBL Gold free play days over the weekend, and I see now that all edition are heavily reduced for the next few days (<€5 for the base edition, 15 for the Warlords DLC included, and €20 for the Warlords Ultimate edition).

Are the editions with DLC added worth the extra spend? I'm thinking the middle one probably is, as I don't see the DLC being sold standalone for less than a tenner, but given that Year 1 is long past, at least one of the perks of the ultimate edition is effectively expired. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Deffo worth the purchase IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

sticker wrote: »
    Deffo worth the purchase IMO

Thanks. I'm definitely going to pick up some variant of it, the question is just whether the DLC and/or other add ons are worthwhile picking up at the same time.

• Advertisement

cython wrote: »
    Thanks. I'm definitely going to pick up some variant of it, the question is just whether the DLC and/or other add ons are worthwhile picking up at the same time.

For a score, its worth every penny for Warlords Ultimate pack. I've gotten hundreds of hours out of it

Interesting...

https://youtu.be/hLWyDGIQJAs

Edit... he's full of BS. Targeted loot CHANCE goes up NOT quality

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Anyone else finding this a buggy mess!? I've gotten stuck in doors, music keeps cutting in and out, playing audio logs sometimes have long pauses before playing again, gun sound effects and explosions out of sync, sometimes even gun select doesn't work properly. Definitely enjoyed the first one more.

Anyone else finding this a buggy mess!? I've gotten stuck in doors, music keeps cutting in and out, playing audio logs sometimes have long pauses before playing again, gun sound effects and explosions out of sync, sometimes even gun select doesn't work properly. Definitely enjoyed the first one more.

Honestly no. Not disputing your own experience but since day 1 and about 500+ hours I've had almost zero bug issues. Frustration over design decisions yes, but the core code, nope.
    A lot of what you describe has audio directly or indirectly linked, what platform are you using (and if PC what Audio interface)?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Not that I play anymore but I had a number of npcs stuck behind doors or go under the map where they obviously couldn't be killed and and not being able to progress until I restarted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

I'm on ps4 so shouldn't be any issues. I got stuck on top of a piece of cover tonight. Couldn't jump off it and quickly got riddled! Maybe Im just unlucky. Its a shame cause there is some good things going for it but feels like a chore at this stage.

I've come across a lot of bugs like npcs being stuck behind closed doors but the bigger factor for me at the moment is the loot. Playing daily and for at least 2 weeks legendary loot dropping akin to challenging level. I see a lot of others complain also.

I would usually pick up 2 or 3 double or triple god rolled keeper items per full legendary run.

It's very frustrating at the moment in terms of quality for the top tier.

On a sidenote I've been doing some DZ runs trying to nab the Dark Winter SMG. Nothing yet. The DZ is such a frustrating area to play also. Such a missed opportunity to pour some new ideas in there...

On PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've hundreds of hours in it and have seen glitches where you have to restart, it's so rare though it's merely an annoyance.
    The loot problem is omnipresent since Div 1. The whole game is geared to keep you playing and is not always very smart about it

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've hundreds of hours in it and have seen glitches where you have to restart, it's so rare though it's merely an annoyance.
    The loot problem is omnipresent since Div 1. The whole game is geared to keep you playing and is not always very smart about it

Honestly speaking, before TU11 My RND was pretty good. As advertised Legendary and often Heroic was dropping a lot of double and sometimes triple God Rolls, all my loot recently is hovering around 60% only - straight in the bin.

It's such a dissapointement really - Just to hold onto the current player base still to have decent rewards for grinding through these very tough difficulty levels.

The community is up in arms with developers but they seem to care less from long experience looking at Massive's strategies.

I genuinely hadn't noticed. I guess I was getting lots of exotics and high level rolls but I was more or less instadeleting 95% of stuff. I'd generally run legendary strongholds and heroic missions with randoms.

When was TU11, I haven't played in a couple of weeks?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I genuinely hadn't noticed. I guess I was getting lots of exotics and high level rolls but I was more or less instadeleting 95% of stuff. I'd generally run legendary strongholds and heroic missions with randoms.

When was TU11, I haven't played in a couple of weeks?

I'd be the same re: Legendary and Heroic random groups.

TU11 was released on September 22nd.

Details below, the cosmetic mods are a bit of fun to adjust appearance in game :D

The new Momento backback is a game changer if used right. Nice new Shotty and Pistol with added skill tier when held :eek:

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/the-division/the-division-2/news-updates/436fGLE8neAMJwDV2puNgl/title-update-11-summarized

yeah I'm using the memento with the pistol and tank shield build
    I finally got the technician hive to work with it and you just can't die......well you can but you have to be stupid

I have a PS5 arriving and I want to play and keep progression to a 2nd PS4 console in my house... Will Div2 support play across both consoles? Thanks

I don't see why not, player progression is saved on the server. I 1/2 watched something on youtube yesterday about transferring save data from the 4 to the 5. It might be cumbersome.

I'm sure the stats are not that impressive - But nice compo from Ubisoft

Edit - Only 5 rogue kills in Division 1 - That cant be right :D

• Advertisement

Not that I spent much time in the DZ in Div1 but my main probably had 30 or so rogue kills and my launch page shows 2, I'm pretty sure it just focused on one of my alts rather than the highest between them.

With Tu12 out I loaded up again last night to try some of the new gear. I've got a very early new skills build going with the new Capacitor AR, 3xEmpress (new) and a mix of Memento/Hana-u/Belstone Armoury. Not remotely min-maxed but it's already effective, especially when Memento's full long term perk set is activated. The Capacitor adds 60% skill damage (after 40 hits, which is easy to do and maintain) with 7.5% weapon damage per skill tier, so at a full 6x skill build it's 45%...3 full weapon dmg core attributes worth O_O for 'free'. With an assult turret and striker drone in play distracting/damaging, the armour-regen from Memento + the same from the Belstone makes it tanky enough for hit and run . Not as fast as a hunters prey+shield build but I think they did achieve the goal of making Skill builds more than just executive/behind cover bore fests.
    The Capacitor is also the easiest exotic to get, just need 5 achievements on the summit which can be knocked out in an hour easily enough (difficulty level does not matter).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭brady12

Hadn't played this since I got the ps5 . Re downloaded it on the external hard drive on the ps5 loading times a good bit better. It's such a good game just a pity none my mates really play it .

brady12 wrote: »
    Hadn't played this since I got the ps5 . Re downloaded it on the external hard drive on the ps5 loading times a good bit better. It's such a good game just a pity none my mates really play it .

Its a cracking game but with minimal real updates of late long time players are all burned out. I've moved on but its a cracker all right!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Always was a great game at its core but everyone blitzes through its weak content in no time, this happens with every update to the game.
    Compared to other looter shooters it has literally no endgame, year after year its the same story and they have not learned how to keep players playing.
    I dip in and out for every update but within a few days or a week ive gone through everything on offer got every item needed for any build and end up bored again.

Same here - Such a wasted oppertunity by Devs to extend end game - They had a huge player base and then decided to walked away from it throwing a smattering of puddle deep content since New York update.

It slowy died off due to repetitive game modes and updates.

State of the Game is planned before Feb but I wouldnt hold my breath on any big updates with a lot of Massive's resources going to the new Star Wars game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

@ sticker i just think they should have put all their resources into an already great world in division 1 expanded it if need be but put everything into endgame content.
    It was already a fantastic place/theme/world.
    Then they would hold onto players a lot longer.

Dcully wrote: »
    @ sticker i just think they should have put all their resources into an already great world in division 1 expanded it if need be but put everything into endgame content.
    It was already a fantastic place/theme/world.
    Then they would hold onto players a lot longer.

Agreed 100%

• Advertisement
Advertisement