Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Edit, i was too slow :). Sound for sign up info, looking forward to that.

Ubi have given update on the division. New free to play game releasing later this year/early next year called Heartland.

Division 2 dlc later this year, won't be survival.

Timeline in the link below showing there will be a division mobile game and the Netflix film coming out will be set after all of that. Was hoping the film would be set early on or at least the 1st game.

https://kotaku.com/a-new-free-to-play-division-game-is-coming-1846838412?utm_campaign=Kotaku&utm_content=1620322207&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_source=facebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

It remains to be seen, but with free to play and red storm as developer, it looks like very likely that heartland will be mainly PVP focused. Not my bag... but let's see..

Edit. I jumped back on to D2 this week to bump my dark winter to triple god. Came across a 6500+ SKD player. Holy ****!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

doubt anybody is even playing this anymore but update from Dev Team

Today the Developers have published an article about what we can expect in the future for The Division 2.

- The Content originally planned for 2021 has been pushed to February 2022. We can expect a new Title Update, a new season, a new game mode and extra content.

The Title Update will be one of the most ambitious so far for The Division 2.

- There will be monthly Intelligence Annex released with information about the changes coming, the first will drop this Thursday and it will discuss Specialization Revamp.

- At the end of Season 7 there will be an ingame event which will include an apparel event, player favourite Global Events and new rewards associated with them.

- The next Title Update and its game mode will be revealed in January 2022. There will be a PTS on PC for it.

Well look, if the update is as interesting as they say, I'll have a look but Jesus, what a bad time to release your most ambitious update with so many new games out, what are the chances this will have much of a look?

If the new season is the same as the old seasons, it will be a straight up no from me dawg but I'll still be keeping an eye on it. I love the game and we had some great laughs with it on here.

I'd give anything for a survival dlc remaster from the first game. Criminally underrated mode because not many people actually bought it. If that was free, they'd have serious player numbers to satisfy the survive em up crowd but not have it run like dog **** day z.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭Glebee

Think i might dip back into D2. Warlords of New York only 7euro. Played through the main game I think but never touched any DLC. Is it worth getting back into. At a loose end gaming wise at the moment...

Post edited by Glebee on

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,145 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Am I alone here, but I can't complete the man hunt. The 4th guy, Circe, never seems to be unlocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It's worth it just to go back to New York, and see how the city has moved on (for the worst) since the events of D1. Nothing revolutionary there, but its enjoyable overall.

Phew, it unlocked today. Heading in later to try get to the 40th floor. On ps4, if anyone wants to help. Only been on it a few times, highest was 22.

Fantastic game. Are people still playing this (PC)? When I matchmake nobody joins although I do get backup when I request it. Is it that everyone's on endgame?

I don't game much, maybe an hour here and there but lately I've been putting more and more time into this using Geforce now on a Nvidia shield. I'm loving DC, I've got the WONY expansion but have been holding off on it to try to clear DC. I'm currently on level 23.

• Advertisement

It's mad they are still plugging away at this. It can be gotten so cheap now, wonder where they are being their money from it? I doubt many people are buying the credit bollox.

Yeah it's crazy. Like it's no Destiny 2, the game became pretty repeative after a while. At least with Destiny 2 there are plenty of different locations, with division 2 it all looks the same after a while. I'd rather they just move on to the obvious sequel and instead of sticking to one city , have smaller areas from multiple cities, even outside the US. Make it a game that is actually built to last a number of years with different content

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Cdemess

The game died a long time ago. I just go into the dark zone to annoy those French rogues with their multiple name changes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Obvious sequel? Isn't is already certain that's not happening ?

Well Knowing Ubisoft I kind of thought they would rather make a sequel to a known franchise that also has a movie in development over a new IP. Division 2 is dead so would of thought they'd move to sequel by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

If there is a sequel bring back the snow/ low visibility conditions. Also more nighttime less daytime. I found Washington to be far too bright. The game is better when the environment is dark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Aren’t they bringing out a free to play Division game? I doubt we’ll get a sequel if they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Yeah man I miss the snow. I actually bought Warlords of NY just so I could play in the snow again only to find out there’s none in it :(. Actually gonna download this again haven’t played it in awhile.

Yeah there is a free to play game coming out but from a different studio. With Massive working on an Avatar game along with a Star Wars game, I wonder if Heartlands will be the main Division game going forward

I played Division 1 yesterday, man NY is so much better than Washington! Said I'd go for platinum which meant extracting an item from each DZ (as well as a bunch of others) but started with that. Called in the chopper, 2 guys came in and hunkered down with me. I tried to remember the emote button to give a wave.... Went rogue instead and they insta killed me and took my stuff :D. Going back to it to do survival as well. If anyone feels like division 1 shenanigans some evening on PlayStation, give me a shout.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

was there many playing @Zero-Cool ? i would have thought the DZ would have been pretty empty and you'd ahve extracted with ease

I thought the same but a good few running around. Still getting world event support.

Division1 DZ was a very good amalgamation of co-op/pvp/pve. There was never any logic to the way it was chopped up for Div2.

Could join you for some extracting on Sunday.

Got back into this over the weekend. Matchmaking on Heroic as much as I can for the manhunt, though I'll probably drop down for control points. I see the Striker gearset is back in a big way.

Some 'leaked' news about the free to play Division: Heartland.

2 modes, Storm which is PvPvE and acts as a survival looter. Then there is Excursion which is PvE and acts as a tutorial to Storm to get used to the map and mechanics.

Got myself the Tobii Eye Tracker 5, wow, it's really good adds a whole new immersion to the game when you get used to it

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

What do I need to collect for the manhunt to reopen? I've got the first 2 guys done, but forget what I need to do now.

Nvm, no sooner had I put it up here, it opened.

• Advertisement
Advertisement