Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Weather 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,230 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Cool and fresh here in West Clare today, but sunny most of the day, so not that bad. Everything has turned so green compared to last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Today was cold, 13.4C max for my location.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Padster90s

The ten day/two week outlooks on a number of sites is going nowhere near what MT is expecting to unfold. I'm torn, I trust MT but the pessimist in me is thinking the average sunshine and showers will win out!

Padster90s wrote: »
    The ten day/two week outlooks on a number of sites is going nowhere

If you're looking at the likes of "Accuweather" I find they simply turn to averages after a period of 7 days.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

today felt cool and since 5pm its felt cold, first real feeling of chill since mid May. We had warmer days and nights during December and January.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Padster90s

Carnacalla wrote: »
    If you're looking at the likes of "Accuweather" I find they simply turn to averages after a period of 7 days.

Nope, I know to avoid that! MSN, myweather2, yr.no and met office uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭pauldry

Next two weeks will be cooler at first , warmer towards end of month but I dont buy into MTs hot end to June. Think it will be early to mid July before low to mid twenties again

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Layman here try to interpret MT's forecast combined with Met Eireann and the BBC in the context of a BBQ on Sunday.. is it relatively safe to assume rain on Sunday arriving into Dublin in the late afternoon rather than any earlier??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

spockety wrote: »
    Layman here try to interpret MT's forecast combined with Met Eireann and the BBC in the context of a BBQ on Sunday.. is it relatively safe to assume rain on Sunday arriving into Dublin in the late afternoon rather than any earlier??

Sunday is looking like a total washout unfortunately, there may be a few drys hours in the morning but wet most of the day, Saturday is not gonna be great either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭alentejo

Weather this weekend seems to be continously downgraded.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Thank you for confirming my worst fears :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Storm 10

What a difference a few days make, car showing outside temp of 12 degrees in a cool North wind in Galway, this time last week it was around 18/19 degrees.:mad:

temps here have struggled at 13/14C since Monday, a complete contrast to the previous 2 to 3 weeks. It was almost cold enough yesterday evening to put the heating on. Still chilly today and everyone wrapped up in their winter woolies.

This weekend will be mostly rubbish, next week see's unsettled theme continuing but at least it should be a good deal milder and maybe even warm at times during any sunny spells.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,666 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Gonzo wrote: »
    temps here have struggled at 13/14C since Monday, a complete contrast to the previous 2 to 3 weeks. It was almost cold enough yesterday evening to put the heating on. Still chilly today and everyone wrapped up in their winter woolies.

This weekend will be mostly rubbish, next week see's unsettled theme continuing but at least it should be a good deal milder and maybe even warm at times during any sunny spells.

At Grange - not very far from you, yesterday was the only day so far this June with a temperature below 17c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Its not a nice today and with a poor enough outlook I'm getting a little anxious here.

• Advertisement

sryanbruen wrote: »
    At Grange - not very far from you, yesterday was the only day so far this June with a temperature below 17c.

it rained here most of Monday and Tuesday and drizzled for much of yesterday. Wednesday was the only day this week which was decent. Still 13C right now, don't think we can get much higher than that today.

it rained here most of Monday and Tuesday and drizzled for much of yesterday. Wednesday was the only day this week which was decent. Still 13C right now, don't think we can get much higher than that today.

I only recorded more than 0.5mm on Monday this week.

It doesn't feel like near like what this week's Grange statistics are telling me with the exception of the sun.

Rainfall: 9.3mm (78% of the LTA)
    Mean temperature: 14.0c (+1.7c above the LTA - what the hell)
    Sunshine: 16.2 hours (37% of the LTA) - could potentially be my third dullest June week in my records

The mean temperature is +1.7c above the LTA? :confused:

Not only that, my whole June mean temperature is still at 15.3c (+3.0c above the LTA).

feeling chilly again today, just managed to scrape a 15C today. The sun has barely been seen since Wednesday and there is alot of rain on the way over the next few hours and most of tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Sun has been peeping in and out of the clouds for most of the day in north meath, looks like i may make the most of it while it lasts

• Advertisement

Raining since 11am here, wasn't forecasted until this evening if I recall correctly!
    Horrible day with heavy rain at times, mist and drizzle now. West Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭alentejo

The weather forcasting for this weekend seems off. Very surprised its raining? is this the front that was due to hit Ireland on Sunday?

alentejo wrote: »
    The weather forcasting for this weekend seems off. Very surprised its raining? is this the front that was due to hit Ireland on Sunday?

Yes originally

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

alentejo wrote: »

BBC had shown rain for today and tomorrow since Thursday, they got it spot on for the weekend so far, tomorrow was meant to be a washout nearly nationwide.

This weather really has given me the Summer vibes. It is very warm and sunny today that it just feels unseasonably warm here. I am still sticking to my same predictions from earlier this year that I set!

June: Dry and warm BUT the potential of thundery downpours at times.
    July: Dry, sunny and warm. Driest July in 27 years.
    August: Rather wet but sunny and warm again.

So overall according to these predictions, it will be a dry, sunny and very warm Summer.

In depth of warmth, I'd say:

June: +1.0 - +1.5c above normal
    July: +2.0 - +2.5c above normal
    August: +0.5 - +1.0c above normal

Summer overall would be: +1.0 - +1.5c above normal which would make it nearly as identical as Summer 2013 but not nearly as hot as 1995.

MT... what's your monthly predictions for the individual Summer months?

Notice how I did not say "sunny" in my June monthly prediction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

Big difference in tomorrow's weather between MT and ME today in Galway its raining since around 2pm and still raining

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭pauldry

Someone should make a thread called long range summer forecast where people only put their forecasts for june ...well its over, july and august

No comments just forecasts from all the experts here. Scroll through that lot and youd hv a more than accurate summer forecast

Also no of words limited ...just an idea

Anyone think the MT forecast for 2moro seems optimistic. I thought 16 to 19 like met eireann but mt thinks 24c ...hes more right than met usually. I dunno

pauldry wrote: »
    Someone should make a thread called long range summer forecast where people only put their forecasts for june ...well its over, july and august

No comments just forecasts from all the experts here. Scroll through that lot and youd hv a more than accurate summer forecast

Anyone think the MT forecast for 2moro seems optimistic. I thought 16 to 19 like met eireann but mt thinks 24c ...hes more right than met usually. I dunno

event Met Eireann's forecast is optimistic... tomorrow will be a day filled with dark, grey skies and rain and wind, temps will do well to struggle past 14c. I dunno where he's getting temps up to 24c from.

and as for the next week, it's been downgraded by the day, most places will struggle to get to 18c over the next week, a very unsettled mess for the next 7 days.

pauldry wrote: »

Does that include me? I wouldn't call me an expert :cool::pac::D

• Advertisement

MT now saying normal late June weather instead of a hot spell. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Slieve Gullion

Such a pity the speculated warm spell for this weekend and the end of June hasn't transpired.
    This oceanic maritime climate is a heart breaker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Such a pity the speculated warm spell for this weekend and the end of June hasn't transpired.
    This oceanic maritime climate is a heart breaker.
    I am quite enjoying the bit of rain and the freshness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Was a chilly day yesterday. In the warm sector this morning.

I am quite enjoying the bit of rain and the freshness.

I know we haven't reached the end of June yet but as someone else has previously said the mainstream forecasters are not predicting it to be fine. Such a pity after our fine May and start to June.
    I'm off shortly to Thurles to splash in a few puddles before the match this afternoon so I had better root out the boots and brolly from under the stairs. Up Limerick!

I know we haven't reached the end of June yet but as someone else has previously said the mainstream forecasters are not predicting it to be fine. Such a pity after our fine May and start to June.
    I'm off shortly to Thurles to splash in a few puddles before the match this afternoon so I had better root out the boots and brolly from under the stairs. Up Limerick!

To me, June was going to be the worst of the three Summer months from the start. In contrast to last year when it was the best of the three Summer months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Hope your right Syran it's utterly miserable out today. Wet dull manky. I'm out of here Wednesday to get some proper summer weather warm temps sunshine cloudless skies balmy nights. Greece!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Hope your right Syran it's utterly miserable out today. Wet dull manky. I'm out of here Wednesday to get some proper summer weather warm temps sunshine cloudless skies balmy nights. Greece!!

I'm in Greece (Crete) at the moment. 35c arm. Sweltering/melting, but, lovely in the pool.

Looking longingly at the radar and all that rain at home....not! :-)

To me, June was going to be the worst of the three Summer months from the start. In contrast to last year when it was the best of the three Summer months.

There is plenty of summer left so surely(please God please please) there's bound to be another hefty extended heatwave on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

DOCARCH wrote: »
    I'm in Greece (Crete) at the moment. 35c arm. Sweltering/melting, but, lovely in the pool.

Looking longingly at the radar and all that rain at home....not! :-)

lol, Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

MT's outlook seems to be downgrading by the day. I was banking on a few warm days towards end of June and early July but I am not so sure now.

MT's outlook seems to be downgrading by the day. I was banking on a few warm days towards end of June and early July but I am not so sure now.

I'm still fairly confident on early July.

I hope this warm spell late June/early July doesn't end up like chasing that cold easterly which is always a week away from December right through to March!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

Terrible day in Galway heavy rain and windy

horrible miserable and wet, but at 17C currently making it the mildest day this week here.

Shannon is reporting 17C and heavy sleet, im sure that can't be right!

• Advertisement

horrible miserable and wet, but at 17C currently making it the mildest day this week here.

Shannon is reporting 17C and heavy sleet, im sure that can't be right!

Where is that from!? Met Éireann? 1100z (1200GMT) METAR gives rain/drizzle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Aerohead wrote: »
    Terrible day in Galway heavy rain and windy

Absolutely atrocious:(

Today reminds me a lot of a day last Summer. What day was that? OH! EVERYDAY!

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Where is that from!? Met Éireann? 1100z (1200GMT) METAR gives rain/drizzle

that was reported on the met eireann site this morning, they had Shannon down as 17C and mod/heavy sleet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Siobhan Ryan said temps for the past week were a degree above average?
    In what part of the country were temps a degree above normal? In my parts the week was freezing with temps as low as 13c during the daytime. I was even tempted to throw a few logs into the stove during the week!
    It must have been very sunny in western areas?

• Advertisement
Advertisement