Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

Scanned successfully
    5€ off didn’t some up
    No scratch card
    Only got the digital receipt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

OmegaGene wrote: »
    the pic shows 4 chicken breast but it is only two weighing 500g but still worth getting

They’ve updated that pic now :)

i think it shows only if you buy anything after 72 hours....i got a 2 eur off as i did txn after 4 days ...missus did not get anything as we bought the freebie straight away

I thought it was 72 hours plus. I was in this evening and got a scratch card after my shop.

Milk chocolate with Hazlenut 100g bar - 0.79c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Great app but I delayed everyone in my local lidl trying to get internet to use it 🙈 saved me €14. Do coupons keep updating?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Great app but I delayed everyone in my local lidl trying to get internet to use it 🙈 saved me €14. Do coupons keep updating?

I’m able to use it without internet as long as I have the vouchers activated. Great app as I never have the keys with the fob n them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

PopTarts wrote: »
    I thought it was 72 hours plus. I was in this evening and got a scratch card after my shop.

Milk chocolate with Hazlenut 100g bar - 0.79c

Have yet to use app, but wondering -

After you shop, scan and pay you then get a scratch card, right? How/when do you get the chocolate bar? Do you have to go back into the shop to get it? Does the cashier hand it to you? Do you pick it up when next you shop and don't pay for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I hope people are activating their coupons before going to the till. Don't be one of those people.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

BowWow wrote: »
    Have yet to use app, but wondering -

After you shop, scan and pay you then get a scratch card, right? How/when do you get the chocolate bar? Do you have to go back into the shop to get it? Does the cashier hand it to you? Do you pick it up when next you shop and don't pay for it?
    Yes you have to go back in to the shop to get it. You pick it up yourself in the shop go to the checkout and scan the Lidl card barcode then it's free to take away🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Wheety wrote: »
    I hope people are activating their coupons before going to the till. Don't be one of those people.

At first, I thought it's such a stupid idea to have to activate a couple, when simply scanning the plus code should use coupons automatically against the items you have bought. But from a marketing perspective, it does make the consumer more proactive to chase the bargains.

The big flaw that will kick them back is that it's very easy to get confused about the items being purchased thinking you'll get the discounts. several people bought the wrong cookies already in this thread, and today I bought the wrong ham despite trying carefully to pick the right one.

I'll get my money back by using my spare phone to get another 5 euro discount, but I think it'll wane off a bit because of the hassle. I couldn't even find the free snack mix that I got with the scratch win and it was a hassle trying to find the miwadi orange that was nowhere with the rows of other miwadi juice bottles.

It's a hassle even to take my phone out of its case just so I can shove it through the little COVID hole to try to scan with a tiny scanner. Lidl could do much better if they highlighted in the store where these items are. But I think, like most loyalty schemes, it'll just diminish unless they improve it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Wheety wrote: »

What is the purpose of activating a coupon?
    From the marketing perspective that is.

Edit: OK, post above, but still, a bit odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    What is the purpose of activating a coupon?
    From the marketing perspective that is.

It make people become practice - that they will go to Lidl because they have actively chosen to look for a discount. As opposed to not bothering and just so happen to be in Lidl and get a discount without even realizing they have.

It's like the joke about going to Lidl to buy brand and coming out with a chainsaw.
    And I actually did that...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

It make people become practice - that they will go to Lidl because they have actively chosen to look for a discount. As opposed to not bothering and just so happen to be in Lidl and get a discount without even realizing they have.

It's like the joke about going to Lidl to buy brand and coming out with a chainsaw.

Oh lol! I guess so. Strange psychology!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Probably been asked but will a screenshot of the card work? With no network connection...

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭MunsterM

Does anyone know if you get another scratch card if you haven't used the existing one. I got the snack pot one after I used the app the first time, but forgot to get the snack pot the next two times I shopped. Now the scratch card has disappeared and I haven't got another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Genghis

I get your logic. But, having to look at the app, select specific items, then tap your QR at the till, those are also 'proactive' actions. When you have to do these three things to get the bargain, clicking activate is arguably unnecessary.

It also risks customers getting annoyed. Boots have the same approach, I was buying an item a couple of weeks back, it was over €25 and an offer in their app would reward you with 150 points I think. My wife gave me her phone, made sure I would scan it, etc. Neither of us pressed activate and after I paid no offer applied. Sales assistant, after the sale, gave me a cheery hard luck and told me to make sure and activate next time.

Bear in mind I went specifically to Boots for the offer, brought the phone, made sure it scanned, but then lost out to the 'failed to activate' thing.

Yes, my fault, but the extra step for no benefit peed me off!

Failing to see why a marketing manager would see benefit in this, just automatically make all offers active with say a 7 day expiry countdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

shocksy wrote: »
    I was in 3 Lidl's and could not for the life of me find the fruit and nut snacks. The ones they have at the tills were everything but fruit and nut and were 99c and not 59c like the fruit and nut is supposed to be.

My coupon worked for cranberry’s and cashews which was 99c funny enough

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Lucan123

I went through the offers yesterday and activated the ones I wanted ... Including the chicken.

After my shop I looked at the app to see what it said and noticed the chicken had the blue "Activate" button - it must have deactivated when they changed the picture?

Double check before you shop (still happy with my €7 discount)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Pacifico wrote: »
    Probably been asked but will a screenshot of the card work? With no network connection...

Probably, but you don’t need network connection to open the app /card

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭treenytru

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lplus&hl=en_IE

Lidl + is a secondary app to the original lidl app (orignal just gives you weekly leaflet, recipes etc)

Pretty much works as a loyalty card

Download Lidl + and register your details
    Select your local lidl store
    In treats section you'll see special offers for that store once you scan the card (barcode in the app) at the till. As you use the app 'Treats' will be becomes personal to you i.e money off things you spend on regularly.

I'm registered to carrick on shannon store and seeing the following offers:
    50% off crusty rolls
    50%off colgate toothpaste
    1 euro off mi wadi
    50% off Rapseed oil
    1 euro off Irish carved ham
    1 euro off spring rolls
    50% off super berry/nut granola
    1 euro off meridian almond/cashew butter
    2 euro off chicken breast fillets

Get welcome coupon for 5 euro off 25 euro spend. Coupon is on the app and once you 'activate' the coupon you have 7 days to use before it expires.

also a 'scratch and win' game you can play when scan app at checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 30,266 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Compared to the paper vouchers SuperValu send out this is a breeze, you could be waiting 10 minutes behind someone as they shuffle about bits of paper while the checkout person is chatting away asking them how their day is and then they might have the wrong item to work for a voucher and the assistant will go and get it for them, then they ask for home delivery whilst I’m standing in the queue waiting and waiting.

I find older dears much slower with the Supevalu app than the paper vouchers.
    They’ve to find the phone, put in the code, find the app, then relies they’ve to turn on the data on their phone, find the app again, then relies the voucher isn’t valid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

The chicken breast fillets treat offer - 500g at €4.69 are actually on offer for €3.50 and still got €2 off them

My local SuperValu seem to employ over 60’s on the checkout and that doesn’t help, nice ladies but the vouchers just confuse the feck out of everyone and it’s always a manager being called when I’m there

Just checked my lidl app and the €2 off chicken is ready to be activated again which is handy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭tscul32

Got my chicken for €1.50 this morning too, although it was just priced €3.50, not flagged as an offer price or anything but same product number. Another €9.50 saved. But I was about 5 hours too early for another scratch and win. They had the little circle cut out in the perspex for me to just stick the phone in to scan. Very quick and easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I'll get my money back by using my spare phone to get another 5 euro discount, but I think it'll wane off a bit because of the hassle. I couldn't even find the free snack mix that I got with the scratch win and it was a hassle trying to find the miwadi orange that was nowhere with the rows of other miwadi juice bottles.

It's a hassle even to take my phone out of its case just so I can shove it through the little COVID hole to try to scan with a tiny scanner. Lidl could do much better if they highlighted in the store where these items are. But I think, like most loyalty schemes, it'll just diminish unless they improve it.

I couldnt find that free snack mix either and I did two laps of the shelves that has all that kind of stuff on it. However in my Lidl all the other offers were lined up on a single shelf so the Miwadi, rape seed oil, granola and cashew butter were all together as well as being in their usual places in other parts of the store. Obviously the chicken was in the fridges and the rolls in the bakery. Had meant to get the spring rolls but totally forgot about them when I was in store.

Must say the scanner thing is a bit of a pain, apart from the tiny hole you are basically scanning the QR code blind so you cant see the red line on the screen. I was wiggling it around for a while yesterday and it wouldnt scan, staff member obviously didnt want to do it for me but did in the end cause it wasnt scanning.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭treenytru

did have a look to see if posted before but missed that. Thanks Bow wow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah it was the egg shelves I was looking around and the other side of it where they had other nuts and dried fruit but it definitely wasnt there for me. It was the last day of the offer so likely had sold out of stock. No big deal as Im not a big fan of nuts, it probably would have ended up in the bird feeder in the garden.

I checked the app upon leaving and the scratchcard was there immediately. I 'won' a hazelnut chocolate bar. Again the celebrations were wild. Was going to go back in an claim it straight away but at that stage there was a queue of 12 outside the front door so didnt bother.

Do people think the 5 off 25 was a one off or might they do it more often?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭decskelligs

I have used the app three times now and still have not received a digital receipt or scratchcard. Had anyone else this problem. I have verified my email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

checked both threads and still waiting for texts from lidl to sign up to this, and from circle k for their flip and win promotion :confused:

In my Lidl today, the girl at the till was promoting it to everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Got the spring rolls for a €1 and rapseed oil for 1.50 and then used my 2€ off from scratch card..staff at till ‘wow thats just 50 p..i need to start using the app’

Advertisement