Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

4k PARROT ANAFI drone 279 in Currys

Comments

actually found it coming from Germany for 300 dollars. that's not bad at all

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-FIMI-A3-1080P-5-8G-GPS-1KM-FPV-Drone-RTF-White-411700.html

good reliable site.

but not in stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I bit the bullet on the anafi from Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭SteM

If I were paying full price I'd go for the mavic spark fly more combo for £489 to be honest. It has obsticle avoidance at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

SteM wrote:
    If I were paying full price I'd go for the mavic spark fly more combo for £489 to be honest. It has obsticle avoidance at least.

The mavic spark?

glasso wrote:
    so factor in customs collection charge and VAT unless you can find somewhere shipping through Europe (e.g. sales location described as EU warehouse)

I've ordered over 20 drones for friends and family from asia and have never been hit for customs, the majority from gearbest. I know from the mi drone thread that 2 people had to pay the duty and I'm guessing that's out of 50 orders, so a small chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I have been looking at the phantom 3 drone. Have seen it on Amazon for about 500euro. would this be seen as one of the better drones for that price range?

thanks for any feedback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

SteM wrote: »

Worse camera, less flight time, reduced range....more money?
    Thanks for the recommendation :)

JJayoo wrote:
    I have been looking at the phantom 3 drone. Have seen it on Amazon for about 500euro. would this be seen as one of the better drones for that price range?

Definitely not, it's old tech. Maybe the p3 se as it has 4k. There's a few threads on boards. I also recommended a few of the latest drones earlier in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Has anyone seen a review of this drone by someone in the EU? The range on the EU Anafi is probably much less than the US Anafi, due to EU rules.

There is a GPS workaround, but it's a bit dodgy.

tedpan wrote: »
    I've ordered over 20 drones for friends and family from asia and have never been hit for customs, the majority from gearbest. I know from the mi drone thread that 2 people had to pay the duty and I'm guessing that's out of 50 orders, so a small chance.

fair enough - but have you being buying just toy drones of low value or ones that cost over 300 euro?

I know that anything like a phone or tablet will be stopped from gearbest - maybe An Post haven't cottoned on to drones yet but if something comes in with a declared value of 250 euro on the sticker they would stop it surely?

• Advertisement

glasso wrote:
    fair enough - but have you being buying just toy drones of low value or ones that cost over 300 euro?

Yep, all between 300 and 1000, have a look at the mi drone thread. The value declared is usually $5 :)

The mavic spark?

The dji spark, you know what I meant.

SteM wrote:
    The dji spark, you know what I meant.

:) Only messing! Do you have a spark?

Worse camera, less flight time, reduced range....more money?
    Thanks for the recommendation :)

The fly more package comes with a couple of batteries and the controller that increases the range. No review that I've seen of either the spark or the parrot says that the parrot has the longer range. You're welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

The Mi Drone is on Gearbest at €388 at the moment. Seems like good value.

The Mi Drone is on Gearbest at €388 at the moment. Seems like good value.

Decent price, the mi drone is an awesome machine, but my interest is on the xiaomi Fimi x8 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

I got a spark fly more combo a couple of weeks ago and am absolutely loving it. It's so much better than I expected.

It's my first proper drone (had a syma x5c toy drone before). Can see myself upgrading to Mavic level at some stage, but for now I'm very happy.

Still would have loved to have gotten this deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Decent price, the mi drone is an awesome machine, but my interest is on the xiaomi Fimi x8 at the moment.
    I saw the fimi x8is also down around €390, but I still couldn't bring myself to purchase from them if it was €100.

the spark is capable enough for most - most people don't need 4k video tbh

it doesn't fold but is small and light.

however the battery life is short - 12 mins in reality

if the the fimi x8 turns out to be good and with something near 30 mins battery life that would be cool (claimed 33).

@TheUnderfaker where did you buy the flymore combo and for how much?

glasso wrote:
    if the the fimi x8 turns out to be good and with something near 30 mins battery life that would be cool (claimed 33).

Watch the range test on YouTube. He takes it 12kms which takes 24 minutes with 30% charge remaining.

• Advertisement

Watch the range test on YouTube. He takes it 12kms which takes 24 minutes with 30% charge remaining.

12km distance but 6km range.

v impressive all the same.

only thing is that the sony 386 camera sensor is a bit old hat.

in Europe will be hobbled by the eu signal strength restrictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

glasso wrote: »
    @TheUnderfaker where did you buy the flymore combo and for how much?

I got it in Harvey Norman for €539. Probably getting around 12 minutes out of each battery. I'll definitely upgrade it at some stage anyway but having little to no experience of drones until I got this - the range, usability and camera quality have all exceeded my requirements and expectations.

Learning how to edit the videos and make cool movies is the next step!

I meant 12km round trip.  Yep awesome bit of kit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,940 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Isn't the whole range thing something of a moot point in Ireland given requirements to keep drone within eyesight?

Isn't the whole range thing something of a moot point in Ireland given requirements to keep drone within eyesight?

Not really the point. It's a nice to have feature, especially with lots of drones losing connection at 25-50 metres. I'd feel much safer after having two fly aways with my mavic Air at 30 metres. Luckily I regained control..

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Is this a good price lads, dj mavik pro
    735euro,seems a lot dearer everywhere else
    here

Lenny wrote: »
    here

not a bad price - that model is old now with the new mavic pro zoom and mavic pro 2. still good tho

maybe wait to see how the fami x8 is reviewed - looks to be great value for money.

Lenny wrote:
    Is this a good price lads, dj mavik pro 735euro,seems a lot dearer everywhere else

Not bad at all..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I suppose it depends on what you want the drone for.

I would like one to check livestock that are about 0.5 - 1km up a hill behind my house.

Instead of walking up to check if a sheep has got caught in wire could swoop the drone up and have a quick check to see everything is fine. Or even during lambing when you are constantly checking on stock I could send the drone around to have a quick look.

So for me range/ battery life are much more important than having the best possible camera.

Also a drone that is easy to use and has a clear screen as my father/uncle would hopefully get in on using it.

I had pretty much decided on the phantom 3 for about 500euro, but will continue doing research.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

That mavik I linked to says he has flying time of 27 mins!

JJayoo wrote: »
    I suppose it depends on what you want the drone for.

I would like one to check livestock that are about 0.5 - 1km up a hill behind my house.

Instead of walking up to check if a sheep has got caught in wire could swoop the drone up and have a quick check to see everything is fine. Or even during lambing when you are constantly checking on stock I could send the drone around to have a quick look.

So for me range/ battery life are much more important than having the best possible camera.

Also a drone that is easy to use and has a clear screen as my father/uncle would hopefully get in on using it.

I had pretty much decided on the phantom 3 for about 500euro, but will continue doing research.

the fami a3 would probably suit you then.

https://www.banggood.com/Xiaomi-FIMI-A3-5_8G-1KM-FPV-With-2-axis-Gimbal-1080P-Camera-25mins-Flight-Time-GPS-RC-Drone-Quadcopter-RTF-p-1368969.html?rmmds=search&ID=533034&cur_warehouse=CN

as it has a built in screen and 1km range. a lot of other drones require a phone/ tablet as the screen

people saying you won't get stopped with drones with a low value declared on the package. an post usually looking for phones and tablets

Yep, it's out a few years now :) it averages around 24 mins. Class quad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

That mavik I linked to says he has flying time of 27 mins!

Yeah I had one for almost 18 months, and pretty much was getting 30mins (or there abouts)

They also hold their value exceptionally well.

I sold mine on for, wait for it........ Fifty euro less than it cost me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

JJayoo wrote:

Farming has changed since I grew up on one. Drones to check the stock. Notions. Far from that ye were reared. :)

Pique wrote: »
    Farming has changed since I grew up on one. Drones to check the stock. Notions. Far from that ye were reared. :)

possibly the most practical application to be fair!

also heard of some guy in the west coast of the us flying a drone a couple of miles to check out the surf to see if it's worth going to the beach.

this is also a cool video if you haven't seen it

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »
    the fami a3 would probably suit you then.
    https://www.banggood.com/Xiaomi-FIMI-A3-5_8G-1KM-FPV-With-2-axis-Gimbal-1080P-Camera-25mins-Flight-Time-GPS-RC-Drone-Quadcopter-RTF-p-1368969.html?rmmds=search&ID=533034&cur_warehouse=CN
    as it has a built in screen and 1km range. a lot of other drones require a phone/ tablet as the screen
    people saying you won't get stopped with drones with a low value declared on the package. an post usually looking for phones and tablets
    You can choose EU Priority Line, and it should guarantee it won't get stopped, or that they will pay if it does.
    Other than that, you should always expect it will get stopped, that way there are no nasty surprises.

https://snag.gy/EH49h6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

here

Mavic Pro range are a great drone - you wont be disappointed in any of them.
    Great in wind and there is a decent zoom available when not in 4k video mode that might be useful so you dont have get as close to your animals?

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    Mavic Pro range are a great drone - you wont be disappointed in any of them.
    Great in wind and there is a decent zoom available when not in 4k video mode that might be useful so you dont have get as close to your animals?

I was thinking the same. The noise of drone spooks a lot of animals, even from quite a high long distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 czekmen1983

Monkeyjoe wrote: »
    Just arrived, happy with that.

They must have seen the influx of orders and noticed something odd.

Happy for you! Would you upload photo with price visible please?

??? It was ordered on the 24/12 when the price was 279. What's your deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Just ignore the troll.

Be very careful not to give too much information as people can be right pricks if they get your order information.

He's the OP of the thread.

Why do you need visible pricing?

Yeah I had one for almost 18 months, and pretty much was getting 30mins (or there abouts)

They also hold their value exceptionally well.

I sold mine on for, wait for it........ Fifty euro less than it cost me.
    Was it the same model as I linked, what price did you sell it for?

??? It was ordered on the 24/12 when the price was 279. What's your deal?
    Currys says that all orders from that day has been cancelled and OP ordered it with different price???. First they sent email about price error, but later they changed their minds and the reason order has been cancelled is item went out of stock. I spoke with someone from ccpc.ie and i heard that if someones order went trough at that price, all of the orders should be respected and fulfilled.

Was it the same model as I linked, what price did you sell it for?

Yep, exactly the same model.

I had the fly more combo pack, and from memory the whole thing cost me 900€ give or take.

I sold it on 16 months later for 850.

Currys says that all orders from that day has been cancelled and OP ordered it with different price???. First they sent email about price error, but later they changed their minds and the reason order has been cancelled is item went out of stock. I spoke with someone from ccpc.ie and i heard that if someones order went trough at that price, all of the orders should be respected and fulfilled.

Read the thread. The OP ordered in the morning, then posted the bargain alert. His order had been shipped out before Currys realised the error after the influx of orders. What's not to understand?

Read the thread. The OP ordered in the morning, then posted the bargain alert. His order had been shipped out before Currys realised the error after the influx of orders. What's not to understand?
    I understand it well. But would you understand that currys stated that ALL orders which had incorrect price 279.99 were cancelled? I just want to prove them that they are lying and need to respect every single order which has been confirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I understand it well. But would you understand that currys stated that ALL orders which had incorrect price 279.99 were cancelled? I just want to prove them that they are lying and need to respect every single order which has been confirmed.

Give over you whinger, you win some you lose some...

We all know Currys are lying about stock. The drone has been removed from the .ie site even though it's in stock on the UK site and the orders are shipped from the UK. If you do want to go down the ccpc route, good luck, dealing with Currys will be a long, drawn out process.

We all know Currys are lying about stock. The drone has been removed from the .ie site even though it's in stock on the UK site and the orders are shipped from the UK. If you do want to go down the ccpc route, good luck, dealing with Currys will be a long, drawn out process.
    I see they trying everything to not respect contracts which has been made. I know it's not worth but lady from ccpc said if more people will report this incident, they will look in to it and will go forward with the case.

• Advertisement
Advertisement