Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GoMo Data speed throttling after 80gb of data used

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

This is why we can't have nice things.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,394 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I worry for society - some of the stuff being said here is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭cencglob

So in an unlimited buffet at a restaurant, you could walk in, take plates of food, eat it, regurgitate and continue on regardless?

Because, you know, unlimited.

If a restaurant advertised that that was what they were offering then yes of course that could happen.

How many times do you think that happens?
    How many times do you think people have gone over the 2.6GB per day/ 80 GB pm Eir/Gomo limit? - and what % of those are here on boards talking about it?

A restaurant wold have to factor in people of all types coming into eat, not just the average but account for outliers and extreme.
    You'd have to be the dumb business owner not to think that some days you'd have office works in, and other days you might have a bus load of rugby players etc...
    Sell what you advertise or advertise what you sell.- Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Look it's on the home page that fair usage terms and conditions apply.
    Do you really need more than that?
    Screenshot-20191205-133703-01.jpg

Reality

Screenshot-20191205-133703-01-2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Where does it say unlimited?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I’m on three and download entire series through my phone tethering.
    And their limit is 15g a month
    How in gods Name are you doing over 80gig??

We've moved house and we were testing 4G broadband by tethering. It was being used by phones, tv, tablets, consoles. Lasted 2 weeks in fairness, which is much longer than I thought it would.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭robbiep958

lawred2 wrote: »
    Where does it say unlimited?

Right down near the end of the page https://gomo.ie/about-gomo/

robbiep958 wrote: »
    Right down near the end of the page https://gomo.ie/about-gomo/

Is it not unlimited?
    Just it's throttled after 80gigs.

blade1 wrote: »
    Is it not unlimited?
    Just it's throttled after 80gigs.

People dont get this - and never will,
    They should contact comreg and/or read the terms and conditions of these things a bit more closely.

• Advertisement

kippy wrote: »
    They should contact comreg and/or read the terms and conditions of these things a bit more closely.

There's the best advice yet.
    Read the terms.

cencglob wrote: »

Reality

Screenshot-20191205-133703-01-2.jpg

No, reality :P

cencglob
    giphy.gif

The T&C's don't excuse the advertisement from being a lie.

Thats what you and "some people" don't get.

80GB is not "unlimited"

0.2mbs form 80-82GB is not "useable".

After 82Gb the connection is switched to a not data 2G connection only.

This is an absolute termination pdf service not just a "may be limited"

This is marketing BS, not straight and clear advertising.

80GB is not "unlimited"

For someone on about marketing bs you got caught out very easily.

80GB is not "unlimited"

Whats' your problem? I amn't seeing it.

Try reading my posts before you mouth off, Ive not been caught out at all, I'm concerned about others who may be easily duped by lies from slimy marketing goons.

They are more concerned about older people, and those less tech savy.

Try reading my posts before you mouth off, Ive not been caught out at all, I'm concerned about others who may be easily duped by lies from slimy marketing goons.

Have you contacted ComReg - because that's the only thing that will make any difference, if it does.
    (you've been given some advise on this earlier)

Have you contacted ComReg - because that's the only thing that will make any difference, if it does.

Comreg is not the only option, as I've said already I have another more effective way, something proven and quick, and as soon as I've the time I'll be into it.

Comreg is not the only option, as I've said already I have another more effective way, something proven and quick, and as soon as I've the time I'll be into it.

And what is the intended end result of this intervention?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

with all the time you've spent on here whinging you'd have completed this other course of action

Rather than go through all your posts it was easier to get up to speed this way ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Bawnmore wrote:
    We've moved house and we were testing 4G broadband by tethering. It was being used by phones, tv, tablets, consoles. Lasted 2 weeks in fairness, which is much longer than I thought it would.

Have you tried the Three PAYG phone SIM? This has a FUP of 60GB but they don't seem to throttle it if exceeded. Three don't support tethering but don't stop you from doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Have you tried the Three PAYG phone SIM? This has a FUP of 60GB but they don't seem to throttle it if exceeded. Three don't support tethering but don't stop you from doing it.
    I think I mentioned that Three PAYG €20 per month SIM earlier in this thread. I've never heard of anyone being throttled for exceeding the 60 GB limit, although they reserve the right to do so if it interferes with other users of the network. The phraseology of their terms and conditions in this regard is almost identical to that of Eir and Gomo.
    I know two people in rural areas who are unable to get more than 3 Mbps via a fixed line and who use about 200 GB per month with the Three SIM in a modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Got my sim today, internet seems to working, 0.59 download 0.03 upload , impressive! (Rural)

Edit: just tried again 1.73 download ,0.01 upload,things are on the up.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Got my sim today, internet seems to working, 0.59 download 0.03 upload , impressive! (Rural)

Edit: just tried again 1.73 download ,0.01 upload,things are on the up.
    That's pretty much useless. Presumably you'll ditch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Lissavane wrote: »
    That's pretty much useless. Presumably you'll ditch it.
    Have'nt ported over yet,was trying on another phone first, lucky i did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

I was throttled during the end of November but my bill for this period only shows 51gb data usage. My device at the time only showed 49 GB usage so I was surprised when I got the messages to say I'd reached 80% and 100% of my limit. I thought my device was just inaccurate at the time. I will be on to them today. I'm pretty mad that I was throttled to an extent that I couldn't use the Internet at all when I had only reached 62% of my data allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I was throttled during the end of November but my bill for this period only shows 51gb data usage. My device at the time only showed 49 GB usage so I was surprised when I got the messages to say I'd reached 80% and 100% of my limit. I thought my device was just inaccurate at the time. I will be on to them today. I'm pretty mad that I was throttled to an extent that I couldn't use the Internet at all when I had only reached 62% of my data allowance.

If you joined Gomo in the middle of the month, they might have reduced the allowances pro rata

https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111644554&postcount=209

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

Ten Pin wrote: »
    If you joined Gomo in the middle of the month, they might have reduced the allowances pro rata

https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111644554&postcount=209

I did, it was the 14th when I received my sim. The bill is for the full amount though. On chat, they never said anything about it being pro rata.

Advertisement