Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 VirgilVD

How did today go for people?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 SAXA999

VirgilVD wrote: »
    How did today go for people?

Virgil you'll find that as soon as they go through those doors, they tend not to post much up on this forum anymore! Just the way it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Edgod83

I was thinking the same aswell, would any of the people that started be here talking on how their day went , I wonder is it because they are told not to go on any social media, or they just don't need people's help and advice anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Edgod83 wrote: »
    I was thinking the same aswell, would any of the people that started be here talking on how their day went , I wonder is it because they are told not to go on any social media, or they just don't need people's help and advice anymore.

I would say it's a bit of your told not to mention anything online, your flat out and you do be bollixed tired :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 lunanambuna

How's it going, anyone any info on when class 2 is due in? Heard October, November, Start of 2021. Just seeing if any others have an idea if the classes are going to actually happen back to back.

Any info deeply appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Dant1986

Just wondering if anybody what panel number they reached to fill the first class and any idea when class two and 3 will start?? I'm hoping to make it into class 3 125th on panel cheers

Dant1986 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anybody what panel number they reached to fill the first class and any idea when class two and 3 will start?? I'm hoping to make it into class 3 125th on panel cheers

I think it went to late 30s early 40s from what a few people said on the thread a few pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TheButcher

How's it going, anyone any info on when class 2 is due in? Heard October, November, Start off 2021. Just seeing if any others have an idea if the classes are going to actually happen back to back.

Any info deeply appreciated

Be 1 class a year . So I’d expect the 2nd class to be April / May 2021 & 3rd class in 2022.
    38 called for current class and 10 escs joined the class too. There’ll be ten escs in next class too so the next 38 will be called .

They did get to 41/42 on the panel as a few deferred until next class .

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

TheButcher wrote: »
    Be 1 class a year . So I’d expect the 2nd class to be April / May 2021 & 3rd class in 2022.
    38 called for current class and 10 escs joined the class too. There’ll be ten escs in next class too so the next 38 will be called .

Pencilled in for Feb next year, a lot of retirements this year, plus 2 drop outs from the current class. There were 55 in the first class at the start, and I heard this week there's no esqs in the next class, so depending how many country brigades take up a spot in the second class, will decide how many off the panel are in the second class..
    A few army lads aparantly deferred to go to the leb, they'll be in the second class..

kingstevii wrote: »
    Pencilled in for Feb next year, a lot of retirements this year, plus 2 drop outs from the current class. There were 55 in the first class at the start, and I heard this week there's no esqs in the next class, so depending how many country brigades take up a spot in the second class, will decide how many off the panel are in the second class..
    A few army lads aparantly deferred to go to the leb, they'll be in the second class..

There’s definitely 10 escs in next class . Also there’s 48 dfb ( including 10 escs)in current class with 2 from Louth & a few retained county lads who’ve finished since week 4 so it’s irrelevant how many country lads are on the course as dfb can take 48 regardless & will take priority on numbers if the want .only one dfb dropout , not 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Dooj

Thanks for the update everyone.
    Any reason why there was a dropout?

Yes there was 3 from kildare fire service in obi seen on Facebook they are on station now.

So if its 38 this class and the next 2 classes, that equals to only 114, I'm later on the panel than that so il be out?

So if its 38 this class and the next 2 classes, that equals to only 114, I'm later on the panel than that so il be out?

No you’re ok , there’s only 10 escs left . They’ll be in next class . There’s no escs for 3rd class unless dcc recruit them again .

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Carter 212

I've read about Ireland and the world going into possibly the worst recession in history. Does anyone have any idea or info on whether this may effect DFB class 2 and 3 recruitment as it has effected emergency services recruitment in the pa's. Cheers

Carter 212 wrote: »
    I've read about Ireland and the world going into possibly the worst recession in history. Does anyone have any idea or info on whether this may effect DFB class 2 and 3 recruitment as it has effected emergency services recruitment in the pa's. Cheers

I don't think anyone really knows, with this virus you would think its a priority to keep employing firefighters, but money talks and if it's not there then it's quite possible the panel will be cut short, I believe in the last recession that's what happened.

So class 1 is finished? Was that quicker than the norm?

Finished the fire side, starting paramedics on the 7th Sept..

Finished the fire side, starting paramedics on the 7th Sept..
    I've heard from a few DFB lads that class 2 is definitely pencilled in for Feb/March 2021..... Subject to change of coarse with Covid and budget etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Timtam2020

Anyone any idea of what number they will call upto in the next class currently 64th just wondering if il be 2nd or 3rd class. Thanks.

Carter 212 wrote: »
    I've heard from a few DFB lads that class 2 is definitely pencilled in for Feb/March 2021..... Subject to change of coarse with Covid and budget etc

Yep, that's accurate but subject to change for any amount of reasons..

• Advertisement

Timtam2020 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea of what number they will call upto in the next class currently 64th just wondering if il be 2nd or 3rd class. Thanks.

If you're number 64 on the panel you'll be in the next class.

Timtam2020 wrote: »

They took 37 off the panel so if the next class is the same size it’ll go up to 74 on the panel . You be ok

No they did 17 weeks. 2 weeks off now then starting paramedic on 7th September. Next class be next May at earliest .

Cork City recruitment advertised if anyone interested

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

No they did 17 weeks. 2 weeks off now then starting paramedic on 7th September. Next class be next May at earliest .

Where did it say May?

I'm hearing class 2 is pencilled in for feb/Mar from a good few dfb lads. But they always say it could get pushed out to may/June. Hopefully its early next year though

Any info on the thread on if class 2 will be doing medical/fitness this side of xmas or will it be new year? If its end of January or Feb are they usually done a few weeks out? Much appreciated with any info

Any info on the thread on if class 2 will be doing medical/fitness this side of xmas or will it be new year? If its end of January or Feb are they usually done a few weeks out? Much appreciated with any info

Defo wont be until well into the new year.

Cheers King, been hearing mixed things from different people. End of Jan if all goes smoothly with the DCC & DFB! Hope the training is going well
    Defo wont be until well into the new year.

• Advertisement

Cheers King, been hearing mixed things from different people. End of Jan if all goes smoothly with the DCC & DFB! Hope the training is going well

Next class not confirmed yet so anyone who says January is waffling

Advertisement