Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-02-2019, 13:38   #4831
sharper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJohnston View Post
Are ye serious? He literally says "I get the point but..."
I understand what you're saying but why do you hate renewable energy so much? I don't see a single reference to solar power in your post and really it's about time more people understood it's the future.

#voteforme
Advertisement
07-02-2019, 19:42   #4832
devnull

Quote:
Edit: even the mods are at this. Do some fücking research lads.
Just a reminder.

1) First of all please be civil at all times.
2) Mods of other forums are treated as regular users by C+T Mods and should be by you too.

08-02-2019, 09:50   #4833
MJohnston

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharper View Post
I understand what you're saying but why do you hate renewable energy so much? I don't see a single reference to solar power in your post and really it's about time more people understood it's the future.

#voteforme
Yes, yes, very glib. But you would have to be some kind of brainless idiot to think I hate renewable energy by taking one post that doesn't mention it out of context of a body of evidence that suggests otherwise. You wouldn't do that would you?
08-02-2019, 10:16   #4834
sharper

Quote:
Yes, yes, very glib. But you would have to be some kind of brainless idiot to think I hate renewable energy by taking one post that doesn't mention it out of context of a body of evidence that suggests otherwise. You wouldn't do that would you?
I absolutely wouldn't which is why it would be very silly of me to try and use your supposed lack of appreciation for renewables to raise my own profile and attach myself to an unrelated issue. I guess later I could accept I realise you really do appreciate renewables after all but still leave my original objection more prominently displayed for potential voters.

I was actually more interested in the "Community not corridor" folks, I included Cuffe's just because I thought it was mildly funny and as another example of a poorly defined objection to the project. I saw numerous people including the NTA engaging with the community people trying to understand their objections but they point blank refused to explain any further and insist they need a full impact assessment before anything can proceed.

If everyone on every corridor objects and gets their way this won't even be started by 2027 let alone finished.
08-02-2019, 12:21   #4835
trellheim

Quote:
If everyone on every corridor objects and gets their way this won't even be started by 2027 let alone finished
The engagement from NTA has been dire in my area and I fully expect the community to be up in arms ( Stoneybatter/NCR ) and very strong objections be lodged.

I happened to attend the local consultation re the Papal visit last year arranged at short notice because the operators did not engage with the locals, and it was utterly furious.

It looks as if there was a short notice meeting here as well but as usual no-one got the word, and so it will just be storing up pain for the NTA down the line.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-02-2019, 12:23   #4836
cgcsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by trellheim View Post
The engagement from NTA has been dire in my area and I fully expect the community to be up in arms ( Stoneybatter/NCR ) and very strong objections be lodged.

I happened to attend the local consultation re the Papal visit last year arranged at short notice because the operators did not engage with the locals, and it was utterly furious.

It looks as if there was a short notice meeting here as well but as usual no-one got the word, and so it will just be storing up pain for the NTA down the line.
NTA hosted the Stoneybatter community forum in the Aisling Hotel. Local groups were sharing it no end on facebook.
Thanks from:
08-02-2019, 12:37   #4837
trellheim

Quote:
Local groups were sharing it no end on facebook
I'm on three of them and there was nada .

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion