Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

This is becoming a parody of a soap drama
    This acting 2 meters apart is stupid, Mondo stops 2 meters behind his daughter, and couples have conversations while social distancing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Sparko

Laura conveniently nowhere to be seen during those "disco" scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

bazermc wrote: »

Can we expect an up the duff, whose the daddy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I’ve just realised they haven’t shown the inside of McCoy’s in weeks.

Are they not able to use the set cause of covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Omg who else wants to go to Damien’s disco party, I would actually pay to get into it. He did a great job with the place. Great taste in music Dearbhla. Guns N’ Roses are amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Does that Pete chap annoy the fcuk out of anyone else?

Sparko wrote: »
    An article here about Tony Tormey's back issues. Wasn't much in it worth reading but there's a potential spoiler about who his next love interest might be. Not sure if it's based on fact or just a tabloid taking a shot in the dark. Spoiler alert, they're saying it's
    Orla

https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/fair-citys-tony-tormey-explains-23546536

Now that’s a good storyline, can’t wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

fin12 wrote: »
    Omg who else wants to go to Damien’s disco party, I would actually pay to get into it. He did a great job with the place. Great taste in music Dearbhla. Guns N’ Roses are amazing.

It's a pity they couldn't play some recognisable 80s tunes.

happyday wrote: »

The song at the end was praise u like I should, that’s a good song. Ya a bit of sweet child o mine would have been class. Anyone else have a setup like Damien in their house? It’s really cool. Is that big disco ball easy to stick up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭threetrees

Well I'm not the better of seeing Damos bare chest. Good god. Then the covid sex scene - a blouse on the floor. Not sure I can cope with any more steamy stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

happyday wrote: »
    They probably would have had to pay royalties for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

fin12 wrote: »
    The song at the end was praise u like I should, that’s a good song. Ya a bit of sweet child o mine would have been class. Anyone else have a setup like Damien in their house? It’s really cool. Is that big disco ball easy to stick up?

Ah Fin, we'll all get together and have a big disco soon... Can't wait for the Forever Young festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Damien putting on the "country" accent in this evenings episode though? Wasn't actually all that bad! He did it a few episodes ago in the kitchen with Mairead when talking about the Leaving.

The end bit; flinging the blouse at the bottom of the stairs; so seductive ha ha! Damn you Covid; still it saves actors having to lob the gob I guess?

Loving Mondos look lately; bit of a hobo about it but stylish; Alexs lines about her subscribers doing a runner & it not working out and that it'd be okay in the long run ha ha!

Juliet reading out the comments; seemed particulary peeved when people thought she had extensions.

Tough break for her; it's a bit like Al Porter & even Harvey Weinstein/Kevin Spacey etc.; when your chosen career comes crashing down round you & you've gotta go back to trying to find a normal job; these influencers're treading a tight-rope til they get found out; so much of it is them deluding themselves & their followers/subscribers.

As above; so strange seeing Mondo so far behind her in scenes due to the 2 M distancing; it's same reason Damien & Dearbhla couldn't shift & why he can't with Mairead etc.

Renee & Bosco doing the rota in the community centre while Mairead is manager........Junior to Bosco imitating him "Goodby Junior" ha ha and then Bosco going "adorable" while rolling his eyes & thinking anything but too!

Damo with the silk shirt; I legit thought it was a Grease (or Killinaskully) leather jacket.

Spin the bottle......with two? Thought that game normally had a group involved.

Cian; when the new actor took over the role (I'd like to see 'em both side by side in a pic to prove they're not same person; neither actor was/is in it for long enough; wonder did FC SWs simply not really want to work that storyline) there was the usual paper appearances; I hope he didn't give up any other gigs cos we ain't gonna see him in FC much & there's nowhere else he can go; he's no links built within the Carrigstown community for future storylines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

That’s 3 Dillon sisters Damien has been with now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭threetrees

Nokia6230i wrote: »

Loving Mondos look lately; bit of a hobo about it but stylish;

I think the hat makes him look like a Smurf!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Loved the way it turned out for Juliet....bravo to the writers...and Melanie more or less telling her to cop the fcuk on.....Did Mondo leave it running deliberately...??;)

As for the social distancing, i think we've covered it in EVERY soap at this stage.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

That’s 3 Dillon sisters Damien has been with now.

Zack has gone to ground as a precaution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

Ok I take it Damien had to do the business social distantly, 2 metres apart.

Well fair play to him, he must have the longest lad in history!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Arduach wrote: »
    Ok I take it Damien had to do the business social distantly, 2 metres apart.

Well fair play to him, he must have the longest lad in history!
    Spray nd pray I think it's called 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Isn't Dearbhla supposed to be obsessed with love cheats and how they are the lowest of the low? She was attacking her father for ages over his past infidelity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,297 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Strazdas wrote: »
    Isn't Dearbhla supposed to be obsessed with love cheats and how they are the lowest of the low? She was attacking her father for ages over his past infidelity.

Probably,
    However when Zac returned before they all had a great laugh about him sleeping with some one in Kilkenny who was due to get married.

Probably,
    However when Zac returned before they all had a great laugh about him sleeping with some one in Kilkenny who was due to get married.

And Zac seemed to go from a cherubic young lad in his mid-teens at best to a lad in early 20s in jig time; FC SWs with their renowned continuity as ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

So Derbhla really is a chip off the old block after all. So sick of Orla and all her dramas. We all know she'll never leave Wayne. She's like a little baby stamping her foot and everyone knows how it's going to end already even though it will be dragged out for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Sparko

If Dearbhla was really good at thinking on her feet or whatever it was she said when she was patting herself on the back, she would have told Mairead she was there to collect the equipment for her friend instead of that guff about something for Saoirse that had Damo acting like a deer in the headlights.

Since when does Orla have a job.

Since when does Orla have a job.

She does stuff in the Garage with a good while now.
    I think in the past she had a fight with Dolly over selling a car.
    She forgot about the job for months tough.

She does stuff in the Garage with a good while now.
    I think in the past she had a fight with Dolly over selling a car.
    She forgot about the job for months tough.

Ok so the wages she was talking about is what Wayne pays her as he owns the garage unless she owns the garage with Wayne which in that case she’s just paying herself!!!!

Ok so the wages she was talking about is what Wayne pays her as he owns the garage unless she owns the garage with Wayne which in that case she’s just paying herself!!!!

Probally,
    wasn't there also a time when she used take people on walking tours of Dublin.

Middle aged Moms're not my demographic; poor Melanie when Juliette said that line!

The Influencer "Amy O'Neill"; that scene will be interesting; it's gotta be a car crash surely?

Damo like a rabbit in headlights; Mairead didn't seem to ask how she got in in the first place; considering Mairead had to knock to get in herself this is another continuity error surely?
    She uttered something in the Station about getting the key back from Dearbhla & Damen said he already got it from her in the Community Centre......I think?
    All's I know's she walked out without giving up the key; then Damo says to Mairead he's moving back in ha ha!

Bosco the gossiping gobdaw; it's not just he needs to get a life as per Renee; it's that FC SWs need to get him a storyline now the arm/sling/compo claim one has died a fast death; great physio clearly.

Like how FC dealt with the Juliet situation & the piece to camera where she had to eat humble pie; I keep thinking of Kevin Spacey who seems to've dodged a bullet & doesn't look like he'll face any charges but at the same time won't work again either; he doesn't need to I'd imagine; money well made.
    Unlike Juliet & her Influencers; they're of an age that this charade can't keep going; how many Influencers does Ireland need; some bubbles will burst & it was important this was dealt with tonight even if it needs more work.
    Think also of Al Porter; unlike Spacey, Al was in no way set up but he's pigeon-holed himself for when he goes seeking employment & his alleged behaviour will make it difficult for him going forward.

Orla looked a lot more svelte in her scenes tonight; no itchy jumper & blotchy red face; reminding Pete that actually Dolores hasn't got a Grandson.......OUCH!

Sash made a fair point (Where's Olivia......?); Dolores & Pete'll take Waynes side & bail him out & seek custody too.

Roll on Sunday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

Sparko wrote: »
    If Dearbhla was really good at thinking on her feet or whatever it was she said when she was patting herself on the back, she would have told Mairead she was there to collect the equipment for her friend instead of that guff about something for Saoirse that had Damo acting like a deer in the headlights.

and no one questions how she got in to the house,usually you knock and if no answers then you don,t get in.
    oh lord such a load of the biggest BS on tv.....................

Advertisement