Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Solar powered cars!

That dont work if it cloudy ?
    WTF, its not 1980s tech

• Registered Users Posts: 23,256 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

WTF, its not 1980s tech

Well its Wayne so probably 1970s tech.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

WTF, its not 1980s tech

Could you imagine Ray and Doug doing repairs and servicing on those machines?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Yawn. Need to bring Will back. Liven things up a bit.

Paul and Juliette to have an underage affair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

bazermc wrote: »
    Paul and Juliette to have an underage affair.

Character's not underage; think she's in college and "working" at being an influencer.....

But that was my first inkling; babysit for Pauls kid/s & the cliched affair/relationship occurs; hackneyed so hoping it doesn't happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Sparko

pjohnson wrote: »
    Is this episode out of sync?

What the fùck marriage over.

Waynes blown all the money?

What?

I assume the actor is in the US because he spends a chunk of the year there usually so they're trying to work around that but wow what a character assassination. They should have just said he was home and he could spend months being off screen - upstairs, in the garage etc. Sure the characters go missing for months on end anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Sparko wrote: »
    I assume the actor is in the US because he spends a chunk of the year there usually so they're trying to work around that but wow what a character assassination. They should have just said he was home and he could spend months being off screen - upstairs, in the garage etc. Sure the characters go missing for months on end anyway.

But now we can have more of orla wailing and shouting wearing her scratchy jumpers. Do ya remember years ago she was a real party girl. Oh how times have changed.

Has there been any sightings of Laura since filming resumed? Or is she upstairs all the time too?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

That relevation from Orla was really out of the blue.. but she'll be grand, she'll be moved into the house that Doug and Erica moved out of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

But now we can have more of orla wailing and shouting wearing her scratchy jumpers. Do ya remember years ago she was a real party girl. Oh how times have changed.

Has there been any sightings of Laura since filming resumed? Or is she upstairs all the time too?

The McAleer days around 2005. She had him, in his 50s and a young lad on the go. She was about 25.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,298 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Arduach wrote: »
    The McAleer days around 2005. She had him, in his 50s and a young lad on the go. She was about 25.

Orla was a wild thing back then, the William guy who she had the affair with has aged a good bit.
    MV5BYzVhZmRjMDMtMGQ2ZC00MDA5LWE0NWItNDIzMmY3Y2E2NTVmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI4MDA0MTcz._V1_UY317_CR1,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Where to start......

Brand Juliette O'Connell.....?

As it happens the actress behind the character was in "the papers" recently about doing a mental health (wellness & mental health're all the one to me!) blog so the truth stranger than fiction might apply to that scenario.

Dolores interogating the young lad; mentioning "Bertha" to Orla at one stage; all that line was short of was adding "Big" before Bertha!

So dipping into the life savings, cleaning it out actually & then mining down even further to get €200 Grand into debt.....

You'd've thought now, when booking flights to "Germany" that she'd've twigged something; FC SWs could've surely worked that into storyline before she left; "I have to go to sort this out" etc.; indeed it could've been tagged on to the Darragh storyline?

As an aside she did a video in May 2020 in which she said that normally FC films 6 weeks in advance; that standard enough practice in soap opera world?

She's Kildare too; so that accent she puts on is seriously acted; over-acted even but at least it's been toned down last few episodes & I'm glad FC're going an "Influencer" storyline including about that absolute charlatans that most of these f*****s are with their juice diets & magic pills to s***e yourself thin.

Hopefully they do this storyline right & expose the quackery & fakery.

Alexs character; getting boring; they need to give him something else; he's no longer Brand Brewzers it seems; just study, study, study.

Orla & Dolores going into the Pig & telling Bob they'll have 2 Coffees but later/not right now? To f**k with that; you'll buy if you're gonna sit down, this ain't a public park.

Wonder does MacLean Burke work out? Bulked up a bit for sure; suits him despite what's been said about his shape & "fat" head on here; he's well proportioned to be fair.

Also ye know in the Station where the 3 were sitting? That's literally the outer limit of that room on set.....

Interesting seeing inside of the Halpin house again; it's been a while.

Bosco with his 1 Line in the shop about Renee bringing the Valentines Day cardboard (from card stands, promotional stuff I presume); absolutely stealing a living he is!

Like when you look at it, Juliete, Alex & Phoebe & to a lesser extent Ellie & Junior & Olivia; the rest of them, Bosco & Rose apart, have been on it for quite a bit relatively speaking; Bosco the actors pension etc.'s sorted; it's important to bring in new characters to develop new talent; the actors will move on in most cases but the long-termers've done very well out of it; it's put a few through college & paid mortgates etc. I'd imagine.

The debt storyline will be interesting; Dolores saying she'll help Orla out (Orlas Ma/Da; did they ever feature or was she only introduced as Niamhs cousin?) but to tune of €200k? Not so sure about that; the auld inheritance be running out now with the house purchase.....or was that purely Petes money?
    But defo they're getting that gaffe & probably paying rent too.

Think I've covered everything from tonights show so til Wednesday...........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Could you imagine Ray and Doug doing repairs and servicing on those machines?

And what about the garage? It didn't get a mention in all of this.

What a crazy out of the blue storyline!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Enter Darragh...........

Love the solar car story..it shows what a pure knob Wayne is, even when he's not in it...in a few months it would have been Pure Mars sand....dope..

So Ray and Doug on the dole...

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭yaknowski

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Where to start......
    Wonder does MacLean Burke work out? Bulked up a bit for sure; suits him despite what's been said about his shape & "fat" head on here; he's well proportioned to be fair.

According to the oul Instagram, yeah he's being working out regularly now for the last 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Wayne take out a loan against his Irish garage in Germany?

They live in Paul's house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Wayne take out a loan against his Irish garage in Germany?

They live in Paul's house

And how is Orla liable for his loan if she didn't sign her name to it. It doesn't make any sense... and I know I shouldn't expect it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Wayne, the astute business man investing in solar powered cars???? Seriously?????

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Remember he said he had a meeting with some German guy..he meant Dutch...Lex Hoefsloot....:p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEjQkkrsY5Y

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Sparko

An article here about Tony Tormey's back issues. Wasn't much in it worth reading but there's a potential spoiler about who his next love interest might be. Not sure if it's based on fact or just a tabloid taking a shot in the dark. Spoiler alert, they're saying it's
    Orla

https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/fair-citys-tony-tormey-explains-23546536

Damo is behaving in that 'i've such a great sense of humour' manner where he needs a good slap!

That tearing off the shirt, feck sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Obviously the camera was still running before we found out.

That phone is crooked Mondo.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,348 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Julliet fits the part of an influencer all right even down to the accent.

If you were to believe Fair City Kilkenny is the randy capital of Ireland, given the libido of the Dillons :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Just randomly turned this on and oh my god, HOW is it still on the air?! It’s painful to watch, although it provides brilliant entertainment to take the piss out of it. This whole storyline with Mondo’s daughter (Juliette, I think?) being an influencer (SO cringe inducing). AND That random scene of Famien and that woman. The acting, the dialogue. I’ve no words! What are the writers on??

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Just randomly turned this on and oh my god, HOW is it still on the air?! It’s painful to watch, although it provides brilliant entertainment to take the piss out of it. This whole storyline with Mondo’s daughter (Juliette, I think?) being an influencer (SO cringe inducing). AND That random scene of Famien and that woman. The acting, the dialogue. I’ve no words! What are the writers on??

It's actually after improving 500% on the last 4/5 years in the last month or so!! Believe it or not that was a good episode of Fair City. That's how bad it went.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

I'm only catching up, watching Sunday's.
    What happened with Wayne and Orla??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Dolores looks like bosco
    The lad in the box, not the rubbish "actor"

Advertisement