Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shortland Street

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Don't worry, I doubt there'll be much NZ discussion in here... How far behind is RTÉ? Is it still 2 years?
    Like Harvey said, it's about three!
    Callum McKay is the CEO of the hospital, Rachael is living with Chris Warner, Sarah Potts has just had her and TK's baby and Scotty and Tracey have recently got married.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Posy wrote: »
    Like Harvey said, it's about three!
    Callum McKay is the CEO of the hospital, Rachael is living with Chris Warner, Sarah Potts has just had her and TK's baby and Scotty and Tracey have recently got married.

Are Ari Boyland and Beth Allen still in it? They played Brodie Kemp and Brooke Freeman respectively... Two of my favourite Kiwi actors... Would rather see them in action than some of the NZ crew at the moment...

Jaysus, just threw on an episode on the RTÉ player to see how far back it actually was. Harry looks about 20 years younger, which is saying something, because at most he's 15...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

I'll tell ye all one thing, I hope someone points out to Sarah Potts what a two faced, selfish, self centred, whinging cow she is!
    TK, I can't have kids, marriage over.
    TK, I want you back I was a fool but I'm off to the US.
    TK, I'm back and pregnant.
    TK, you can't seriously have moved on with a nurse.
    TK, I really, really want you back this time.
    TK, look at our lovely baby.
    TK, you made your choice, go back to the nurse I'll do this on my own with a face on me like a crucified martyr.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

(Note to self, it's not real, Wash!)

Yes!! I totally agree, wash!!

The whole reason she left TK (leaving him broken hearted) was because she said she didn't want kids and that he should move on with his life and start a family with someone else- then she shows up, not just pregnant, but very pregnant!! Like, did anyone even ask her when she came back "eh, I thought you absolutely did not want to have more children- wtf!?" :rolleyes:
    Are Ari Boyland and Beth Allen still in it? They played Brodie Kemp and Brooke Freeman respectively... Two of my favourite Kiwi actors... Would rather see them in action than some of the NZ crew at the moment...
    Brodie ran off somewhere after annoying some drug dealers, but Brooke is here, working on her stolen research. :)

• Advertisement

AND has there ever been a more loathsome bunch than Wendy and her nauseating kids? Each one of them a headsmash played by actors unable to act them selves out of a wet paper bag.
    You'd swear I hate the show but it's a total guilty pleasure.

Oh God, I hate the Coopers!!!
    Bella really grates on me at times, but I could actually handle her without the other bunch. They're just so... pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭dogcat

Started getting into this recently. I'd prefer if they just cancelled Doctor's and did two episodes back to back. It's not as if many people are watching it so it would help us catch up twice as fast.

I have to say that junkie friend of Hunter's has some head of hair! :D
    It's like that Simpsons episode where Snake's hair came to life and started commiting crimes. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

washiskin wrote: »
    It's like that Simpsons episode where Snake's hair came to life and started commiting crimes. :D

That would have been the "Hell Toupee" segment in "Treehouse of Horror IX". :o:o;)

• Advertisement

dogcat wrote: »
    Started getting into this recently. I'd prefer if they just cancelled Doctor's and did two episodes back to back. It's not as if many people are watching it so it would help us catch up twice as fast.

Yeah RTÉ really need to catch up - the stuff airing in New Zealand at the moment is absolute quality and arguably the best Shortland Street has ever been.

I'll write a message to RTÉ in a few days sure no harm in trying.

Fupping hell the New Zealand Cliffhangers this Summer (or Winter for them) have just been getting better and better... Both excitedly anticipating and dreading Monday's episode... I won't say anything specific for the people watching at RTÉ pace, but 4 years from now you're in for a treat (RTÉ seriously need to catch up)...

Great cannot wait to see this cliffhangers in 2019!

dogcat wrote: »
    Great cannot wait to see this cliffhangers in 2019!

I can't wait to hear what everyone thinks of it... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

Yeah RTÉ really need to catch up - the stuff airing in New Zealand at the moment is absolute quality and arguably the best Shortland Street has ever been.
    I have been watching this for afew years now and really enjoy it. I too would love if RTE would show double episodes just to catch up. We are 4 years behind New Zealand. How can I watch at NZ pace?

Jeez louise that Wendy is some sanctimonious old bag! :mad:

Yes. Yes she is. That whole family really grates on me, although I actually don't find Even and Jasmine as awful as I once did.
    Bella still annoys the crap out of me, but I can just about tolerate her in small doses!

I'm about 2-3 episodes behind on RTE pace but this Hayley storyline is gripping and frustrating in equal measures! :eek:
    I have a feeling things are going to go from bad to worse for Chris. :/

Dr. Love's chickens are coming home to roost :D
    Have you ever seen a worse actor than the lad playing Phoenix? Honestly, he makes Joey from Friends look like De Nero. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Heehee, poor Phoenix! He only gets away with it because he's young and his character is such a dork. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Chris is such an idiot

Yes. Yes he is.

I'm a few days behind, so just seen Friday's 20th anniversary episode. Nice to see some old faces appear- and in the end credits!

I used to love Ellen and David. :)

I really wish RTÉ would double up on episodes until they caught up with New Zealand - the NZ stuff at the moment is so good, but the 4 year difference between NZ and what RTÉ are currently showing makes it hard to discuss... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mr Seanny

Wow this thread is old, is anyone still watching? Can't believe I missed Zac finally getting caught over Christmas, I'm actually horrified with myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Mr Seanny wrote: »
    Wow this thread is old, is anyone still watching? Can't believe I missed Zac finally getting caught over Christmas, I'm actually horrified with myself!

It's only three and a bit years old. :D;)

And yes, we're all still watching. :);)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mr Seanny

Yeah I know but it's not on Netflix to binge on to get up to date with the kiwis 😛

Found somewhere to watch the episode so that's being watched later, poor Dr Potts, 'keep away from her... you bitc*!' 😂

Please, Soap God, please send an asteroid to Ferndale and take out the miserable, sour faced, constantly sorry for herself Wendy Cooper.:mad:
    While your at it, could you weed out Bella, Jasmine, Josh, Roimata, Henry and please, for your sake, do something about Seth's smell the fart acting......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I half watch it, as it's on before Doctors

Advertisement