Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irelands fittest family

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Ya one thing on that, I thought I heard Daragh say everyone had to take at least 1 bag, well the son took 1 of the sister and then she had none. I know it was near the top but I would have assumed you needed to bring it yourself all the way.

We had the same thought. Reckon he just meant there is no way anyone could carry three.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭josip

We had the same thought. Reckon he just meant there is no way anyone could carry three.

No, but if the O'Mahonys were doing it the 3 sons could carry 2 each and the mother would have a free run.
    I took it that each family member has to carry at least 1 all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,144 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I thought the same, the commentator definitely said it whether it was an actual rule, we don't know.
    Well Davy owns the show, who going to have the nerve to tell him his team is disqualified? Wouldn't like it to happen anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭josip

Back home-schooling this week.
    Whenever attention levels drop I use Davy's voice, "COME ONNN, COME ONNNN, FINISH IT !!!"
    It's very effective for the short term, but loses its effectiveness over the medium and long term.
    The Derval approach works better for actual teaching and getting something across.
    When they finally 'get' something, it's Donncha-levels of glee and celebration.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭franciscanpunk

TBH that Davey rubbish of they won't be laughing at us again rots me.

I completely understand why he does it great motivation and been used in sporting circles as long as thier has been competitions.Been in many dressing rooms where we made up people had 'written us off' stuff for motivation, where in reality nobody had written us off or cared who won given the low level we were playing at!

I didnt think it was that type of show though, it was about families coming together, Davey seemed to think it was the Munster final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,040 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

josip wrote: »
    Back home-schooling this week.
    Whenever attention levels drop I use Davy's voice, "COME ONNN, COME ONNNN, FINISH IT !!!"
    It's very effective for the short term, but loses its effectiveness over the medium and long term.
    The Derval approach works better for actual teaching and getting something across.
    When they finally 'get' something, it's Donncha-levels of glee and celebration.
    You should copy Donncha for the laugh.

"COME ON TYSIEEEE!!!"
    "DOG IT!!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

Hell for leather!!

Great series. I wish they'd do away with hang tough, I generally forward through that. There were so many tight eliminators this year. I thought that Ruth Allen was the weak link but jaysus she was epic in the lake race. You normally have favourites but all three of the finalists were really likeable, even the ultra competitive mammy Mahoney!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Great show.
    Loved the one where they clung upside down on the logs and dearbh keeps the guy up there for the guts of an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Loyal Lady

Really enjoying tonight’s show looking back over the 8 seasons to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,488 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Great that this is back but I wonder what bright spark came up with the idea of putting a bicycle and turbo trainer 6 metres off the ground in a forest

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

This show is hilarious. A bunch of gaa heads running around pulling barrels and jumping over walls 🤣

Paul Mescal lookalike me hole....and the fool actually believed it!

Courtney doing mma with her tits out, looking like she's looking to advertise an only fans more than anything 🤣🤣🤣

The "referee" with a big serious head on him. Reminds me of when Dougal was given the important job of looking after the corner flags.... "you are important, you blow the horn to start!"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

It didn't take long for the ditch hurlers to appear 🙄

If you're that brilliant, why don't you apply?

And did your mother never tell you that if you've nothing good to say, then say nothing?

Is there any chance that those of us who enjoy the programme could be left to watch and discuss it in peace?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

A bunch of gaa heads running around pulling barrels and jumping over walls 🤣

Sounds like a Saturday night out in Moate back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Serious backs agaisnt the wall time there by the Dub. Did she beat Tyseys time from last year even?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Sorry but when I saw Donncha's team Children of the Corn popped into my head.

From the very first glance, they didn't look like they stood much of a chance - those twins were absolutely tiny!

You definitely need at least one beast of a (usually) fella on a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭maebee

She was brilliant. I wouldn't be surprised if this family wins it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,488 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Would be nice to see a Dub team making a serious go at it, for a change.

I'm watching on +1, and was gobsmacked by the girl from Cavan who lasted over 5 mins having done the bike earlier. And the Dad who was 60, and easily the heaviest of any of them, and lasted the longest.

And that got bettered???

I'm about to find out!

• Advertisement

Jeeeeesus....... laughing and joking while she's at it 😱

• Registered Users Posts: 17,683 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Ah lad's fantastic to have it back especially with hell week over.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Great eliminator at the end, I did not expect that result!

• Registered Users Posts: 67,064 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

One weak link and even the strongest chain can break, springs to mind. Thought they had it in the bag until the last one tried to get up.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Rmgblue

The red team completely abandoned their sister/daughter and that's what lost it for them! Such a good show. Really impressed with the Bissett's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

The Bissetts on the wall was incredible but I was even more impressed by the young fella nearly doing the entire 3km on a 10% incline in around 6 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 31 RebeccaK21

Yeah teams with a Mammy only seem to do well with older/adult sons, the kids in that family were definitely all children. Shame about the McCarthy's, but I thought they took the loss very well. And lovely to see the older guy come straight down to the sister in the end as well.

If I was the cyclist, I'd kill my family for not prioritising piling barrels up at the wall!

They all seemed to want to get at least half of them down to the up'n'unders before starting to get them across to the wall - meanwhile the cyclist busting a gut on a 10% slope!!

I can't believe that wasn't made part of their strategy.

And I thought Donncha's idea of a barrel train was genius.

Delighted it's back! I enjoyed it tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Some very dodgey camera angles in the wall sit.

Advertisement