Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irelands fittest family

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Or they got lucky with the competition they drew.

Derval is the only one who actually coaches them. Donncha is often trying to plan properly, the other 2 just scream

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Láidir agus Dílis

I know I'll be slated for this, hurler on the ditch etc, but, this week and last week the standard is poor. Well below other years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

The one week they change it so the winner of R1 go straight through and it's the perfect event for them? Shady...

Lol some joke! Irelands fittest family and lads dropping like flies after a simple relay!

• Advertisement

Poor girl Lyndsey with an asthma attack. Glad she's OK.

Embarrassing show tonight. This lad can't even go under the water... Ffs

They have changed it in previous years too. In fact, week 1 had an event that wasn't in week 2. They've changed somehing every week

Davy.. 'the lads were phenomenal'. The hyperbole.

They never changed the format though... Worst team in R1 always exited. Everyone always had at least two events!

• Advertisement

Worst team didn't exit in round 1 last week either.

"unlucky with the water" says he... When yer man chose not to go under water.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Missed tonights show, anyone know if it is repeated later in the week? Would prefer that than deal with that awful Player

It's repeated on RTE2 on Monday at 7pm I think

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭Trampas

Awful week. As pointed out forest change were nobody went out after first event.

asthma attack. She stood on beam. Then some running. If that starts off a serious attack then maybe she shouldn’t be in it.

2 person eliminator. Gone stupid now. You enter or forfeit.

on water. It’s something that’s always in it. Practice it like they do for walls etc

These Kinsellas are half mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Kinsella family very strong there on backs to the wall 55 minutes roughly.

Have to say it's a bit peculiar that the winners of one event - backs to the wall - get right into the quarter finals. Not that it isn't a hard event but for a fitness competition I think to get into the top 8 fittest families in the country there should be some sort of running / endurance / strength event too.

35minutes watching back to the wall is a bit much too. Over half the show on one of the least interesting events. Maybe if it was included as a 1 person event whilst the other 3 have to move a few sandbags from one place to the other, like the bike event a few weeks ago.

I can't really figure out why, but I'm not enjoying it as much this year. Pardon the pun, has it run its course?

A lot of boring, clichéd family interviews too.

• Advertisement

Most of the interviews = "ya I'm wrecked but it feels great to get through to the next round / I feel gutted to be eliminated" + pretending that the coaches had any impact at all on the outcome. Agreed its not as compelling this year, maybe the events are just a bit boring now. I was trying to think of how to make it more interesting by maybe adding some sort of coordination tasks I.e hit a 3 three pointer in basketball, dribble a football, etc but pretty soon I was just imagining an amateur "superstars" competition (which I would definitely watch)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,053 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Yep. Superstars was brilliant in its day.

I had to laugh at the mouthy girl warning one of the families to be careful of tripping over a twig when she was taking them up to the start. Another time she would be roaring at them to hurdle over hay bales, stick their heads in freezing water etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭Trampas

It’s very make it up as they go along. Changing format. Changing games.

last night again I was left wondering what’s going on. Sit down challenge which never was a first round game or any of these types of games were. Straight into the quarter finals.

then they decided to put a step on the beam. Who decided that.

sit down challenge is boring after a while. Always I thought you’d need to sit legs straight out and not have a legs sideways.

It seems to be going downhill this year. Standards seem to be dropping

• Registered Users Posts: 17,767 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

They have to change up the games because there is families all over the country trying to predict the games and spending hours training for those games.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Aswell as adding new events etc some of the coaches need changing. We've had the same ones for 5-6 years running.

Initially there was change, Eddie O'Sullivan, Jason Sherlock, a former female hockey player. There's only so much of Davy Fitz squeaking 'I need you there for another 10 seconds, stay with me' you can take. Or Anna Geary and her squaking and her massive gluteus maximus. It's all gone stale.

The worst part is the "coaches". The forced rivalries as if what they do matters.

Donnacha saying things like "I'm up against it now" as if he has any impact on how well the family does.

The leggins must be welded onto Geary as she never wears anything else. The big chunky legs are offputting.

Derval is very vanilla and boring but the least annoying of the lot.

Davy busting blood vessels shouting while looking at his smartphone with his tactics from the 1990's...."I'm gonna count down from ten. TE......DON'T LET GO. LOOK AT ME....TEN.....JUST 9 MORE SECONDS. JUST 9 MORE. KAMAN. 9....." Do you think Klopp or Pep Guardiola is roaring at the players KAMAAAAAN on the training pitch each day?

yeah thats basically what I was thinking last night with the backs up against the wall task They had it in last years show and given the huge times posted in this years show it looks obvious they have been training at home for it in advance.

The first half an hour last night really was a snoozefest watching 4 different families with their backs against the wall. They need to switch it up with some new challenges. I suppose they tried that with the bicycle up in the trees but that was a bit of a wtf is this moment.

lol Davys squawking does get old pretty fast 😂 As the owner of the format he wont be going anywhere though. AFAIK Derval and Anna are Instagram influencers these days so they wont want to lose the exposure either, they need to be "As Seen on TV' to help keep the side business going. I'd bet we're stuck will all of them for years to come yet

• Advertisement

Backs to the wall is the one event where if you don't get set perfectly then you're fecked.

If you get into the proper position you can last ages, otherwise there'll be too much pressure on your thighs.

Advertisement