Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irelands fittest family

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Throughly enjoyed the whole show. Well done to all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

What I find lousy about the programme is the prize money.

Surely 15k winners, 10k runners up and 5k third would be fairer.

In an ideal world the prize money would be higher for first place too.

Even if the Allens got over the wall there's no guranteing they'd win.

The O'Mahonys were going to gain on the ramp I think as the 3 lads were tall and up it in a shot. The Allens had a noticeable height disadvantage. It was going to be seriously tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Arduach wrote: »
    What I find lousy about the programme is the prize money.

Surely 15k winners, 10k runners up and 5k third would be fairer.

In an ideal world the prize money would be higher for first place too.

Get rid of ronan and put her fee into the prize pool. That O Neil's FF gear is nice too maybe a set of that for all competitors. Wonder with theres ever be Europes fittest family? Like a champions of champions show? Although the 'amateur' ethos makes for great viewing, I wouldn't like to see some family of Olympians come along and destroy the feild!

• Advertisement

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Get rid of ronan and put her fee into the prize pool. That O Neil's FF gear is nice too maybe a set of that for all competitors. Wonder with theres ever be Europes fittest family? Like a champions of champions show? Although the 'amateur' ethos makes for great viewing, I wouldn't like to see some family of Olympians come along and destroy the feild!

Like the Superstars in the 80s. A world final in the Bahamas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Ah don't mind Mairead in fairness, she's grand at it. What the Mahoneys boys did to get the mother to the finish when there was 3 teams left was phenomenal. They ended up been the fastest and I think deserved it fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭thesultan

AMKC wrote: »
    Jeez that was some win. So close. The best family won and deservedly so.
    We might not like Davys method of crouching but fair play to him he won and deserves it. Anyone here watching "Davy's Toughest Team" on Monday nights?
    Of course besides the fact I like it, not much options but this year's fittest family was great

• Registered Users Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭josip

The show looks like it was recorded last summer?
    How do they stop the families and crew from blabbing the results, even if by accident, for that long?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

The best team won, those three lads were great, never left their mother behind and stuck together. She was great as well, fair play to her.

I hope they stick with similar events and format this year, thought the Irish life rooftop stuff and croke park finale were all show. This year's was pure fitness and teamwork, loved it! My three year old daughter watches it with me every week and starts climbing and jumping over the furniture :D She loves the water events and asks if we can go there and do that!

• Advertisement

mojesius wrote: »
    The best team won, those three lads were great, never left their mother behind and stuck together. She was great as well, fair play to her.

I hope they stick with similar events and format this year, thought the Irish life rooftop stuff and croke park finale were all show. This year's was pure fitness and teamwork, loved it! My three year old daughter watches it with me every week and starts climbing and jumping over the furniture :D She loves the water events and asks if we can go there and do that!

Get her in training now and you never know in 12-15yrs

• Registered Users Posts: 21,142 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Great time for the Mileys. They often fell a bit behind but kept going and often got there. If the skid of sand bags hadn't got stuck. Great admiration for the two girls esp. Never knew when they were beaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Enjoyable as always, but Davey repeatedly telling his family that the Allens were laughing at them got really annoying. I don't know if it happened, and it seems unlikely, but if he made it up the Allens should be raging to be portrayed as poor sports and he owes them an apology.

Water John wrote: »
    Great time for the Mileys. They often fell a bit behind but kept going and often got there. If the skid of sand bags hadn't got stuck. Great admiration for the two girls esp. Never knew when they were beaten.

No team got more out of their abilities. They were so solid. Great achievement to be within a whisker of the top 3.

I thought they were a very modest, likeable family.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,142 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Enjoyable as always, but Davey repeatedly telling his family that the Allens were laughing at them got really annoying. I don't know if it happened, and it seems unlikely, but if he made it up the Allens should be raging to be portrayed as poor sports and he owes them an apology.

That would ould GAA manager sh1te.

From what I saw it was Donnacha going bananas after the first event! Then the Davy tried to twist it for motivation.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

josip wrote: »
    How do they stop the families and crew from blabbing the results, even if by accident, for that long?

I said the same thing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Get rid of ronan and put her fee into the prize pool. That O Neil's FF gear is nice too maybe a set of that for all competitors. !

They could probably make good money selling the FF branded gear as merchandise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Clue Girl

I can’t remember another reality RTE programme that I watched and stayed with from the start. Families were a credit to themselves. My God, there were so many memorable moments. Can’t get over the mature contestants, the young wans, etc. I liked the judges ... Derval really rose in my estimation this year. In these Covid times, I’m following Operation Transformation and every second RTE radio show is promoting it. Contrast that with tonight’s show and I hadn’t a pig’s notion of the outcome. Fair play to all involved on a great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I said the same thing here.

It's always pre recorded months in advance and I remember knowing one year who the winners were before it was shown because of Chinese Whispers.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

josip wrote: »

It was all filmed in August. All participating sign agreement not to blab like any show does.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Azatadine

You have to admire his passion. Its absolutely real.

https://twitter.com/cocomairead/status/1363582426035982339?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 18,402 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Azatadine wrote: »
    You have to admire his passion. Its absolutely real.

https://twitter.com/cocomairead/status/1363582426035982339?s=09

I don't think anyone doubts his passion. His motivational techniques are good for a while but some of it it just nonsense.
    Fair play to him for coming up with the idea and he does make good telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

I'd normally be cynical of these 'reality' type shows, but I enjoyed last night...always good to see lads looking after their Mammy. Well done to those Wexford winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

First series I've watched and I loved it!

The montages after the families got knocked out had me tearing up! The pride the dad's had for their kids :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,303 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Arduach wrote: »
    Even if the Allens got over the wall there's no guranteing they'd win.

The O'Mahonys were going to gain on the ramp I think as the 3 lads were tall and up it in a shot. The Allens had a noticeable height disadvantage. It was going to be seriously tight.

Even Mrs O Mahoney was tall for a woman, the 3 lads were built for this kind of event but fair play to the Allens apart from the mistake at the wall they pushed them all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,303 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Water John wrote: »

And the son as well, when he had his own bags done he came back to take one off his sister and dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,876 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Cracking final!
    That last race....wow...the Allen's right at their heals to the last wall.
    The Mahoney lads literally dragged their mum through some of those events amazing.
    Great series I have to say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Fantastic event all round, the production, the families, the leaders it really is the best thing on RTE. It's a pity its over.

• Advertisement

And the son as well, when he had his own bags done he came back to take one off his sister and dad.

Ya one thing on that, I thought I heard Daragh say everyone had to take at least 1 bag, well the son took 1 of the sister and then she had none. I know it was near the top but I would have assumed you needed to bring it yourself all the way.

Advertisement