Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pocophone F1 - The new flagship killer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

matchthis wrote: »
    Perfect, do you have a link to where you bought it?

It is at €334 now. I just googled amazon. de €340 on amazon. UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭chabsey

Has anyone had bluetooth connectivity issues with this phone? The connection to my garmin watch comes and goes whereas with my last phone (oneplus 3) it was rock solid. Maybe overly judicious battery saving? Although I think I've turned that off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭honda boi

I got it for €314 on amazon. de plus delivery, I think €6, €320 altogether.

Is that the 64gb or 128gb version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭matchthis

Xiaomi pocophone F1 4 G 64 GB Dual SIM BLACK EU https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07GTD2XDF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_9wv8BbF9VV2P0

Found 64gb for €308 delivered from Amazon italy

roper1664 wrote: »
    Took 3 weeks to arrive, and great for the money.

Ye it's a great case. Dropped a few times and the phone still surviving 😋
    Bought a leather flip one and another case from AliExpress to try out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Just got it for 305 from Amazon.it, should arrive by Wednesday!. First phone ive bought since i was 17 (had company phones since but changing jobs now)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 btj79

chabsey wrote: »
    Has anyone had bluetooth connectivity issues with this phone? The connection to my garmin watch comes and goes whereas with my last phone (oneplus 3) it was rock solid. Maybe overly judicious battery saving? Although I think I've turned that off.

I was having some problems but after I updated to MIUI it seemed to fix them. If the watch requires an application to be kept alive at all times I would advise going into recents menu, then log pressing the app and select the lock beside it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭chabsey

Not sure if it's of interest to anyone here but I got mine (128GB version) for 337 euro (316 + delivery). Ordered on a Thursday, got it the next afternoon. Honorbuy....never used them before but very impressed with the speed of delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

Thinking of taking the plunge with this. How are people who have been using it for a while finding it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

wawaman wrote: »
    Thinking of taking the plunge with this. How are people who have been using it for a while finding it?

Have mine a few months now and I couldn't be happier. In every way it has impressed and (considering the price) surpassed every expectation I laid upon it. .. Yes even the camera is fine.
    IMO, if a pixel grade camera is not your main priority but speed and storage are, there is no reason to buy another phone for more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aikap

hi! looking for opinion from those who have bought off mi global store from aliexpress..

i've ordered a 128gb red rosso poco from them on 11/11, payment was debited from my account on 13/11. til this day its still under awaiting shipment and remaining processing time is 30days. now, its my first time to buy off them and i thought the 35 days on it was just a formality thing as it said "in stock" when i ordered it and mi global store came highly recommended on this thread.

has anyone ever experienced waiting this long? am i better off cancelling the order and buying somewhere else? if so, could anyone give me a link where i could buy tax free red ones?
    thanks for any advice, i'm a serious noob here! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

god's toy wrote: »
    Have mine a few months now and I couldn't be happier. In every way it has impressed and (considering the price) surpassed every expectation I laid upon it. .. Yes even the camera is fine.
    IMO, if a pixel grade camera is not your main priority but speed and storage are, there is no reason to buy another phone for more money.

I watched a review yesterday that suggested that camera, while not 'Pixel grade' is far from a let-down? It's supposed to be very decent?

I've been tempted by one of these for the last couple of months but I think I've decided to wring a bit more out of my Oneplus 3T (which is still going strong) and wait for the Poco F2 next year - if it builds on the platform of the F1 it should be a hell of a device for likely a little more money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

aikap wrote: »
    hi! looking for opinion from those who have bought off mi global store from aliexpress..

i've ordered a 128gb red rosso poco from them on 11/11, payment was debited from my account on 13/11. til this day its still under awaiting shipment and remaining processing time is 30days. now, its my first time to buy off them and i thought the 35 days on it was just a formality thing as it said "in stock" when i ordered it and mi global store came highly recommended on this thread.

has anyone ever experienced waiting this long? am i better off cancelling the order and buying somewhere else? if so, could anyone give me a link where i could buy tax free red ones?
    thanks for any advice, i'm a serious noob here! lol
    You won't be able to cancel the order , unless the
    seller agree the same.
    I've ordered Mi 8 6/128 with the same crowd, paid 11/11
    Got DHL tracking number following day. ( uk-ireland), got UPS tracking number last Sunday ( China-UK).
    UPS brought it up to USA so far..UK tmrw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭eggy81

My 6/128 Was delivered a while ago. Of course I'm working a night shift. Can't wait to get home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 aikap

eggy81 wrote: »
    My 6/128 Was delivered a while ago. Of course I'm working a night shift. Can't wait to get home.

did u buy off mi global store as well? did they take their time processing and delivering yours? thanks!

aikap wrote: »
    did u buy off mi global store as well? did they take their time processing and delivering yours? thanks!

No I bought it off Amazon UK.otdeted Friday and arrived this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Have a Galaxy S8. Really don't need a new phone. I want this phone. Talk me out if it please, lads.

Duff wrote: »
    Have a Galaxy S8. Really don't need a new phone. I want this phone. Talk me out if it please, lads.

Buy the pocophone and sell the S8. Can't open it till Christmas tho

This thing is unbelievably fast compared to my s7.

• Advertisement

This thing is unbelievably fast compared to my s7.

Buy the pocophone and sell the S8. Can't open it till Christmas tho

Out of interest, how much would I get for a 3 week old, as new condition (insurance claim after my last one went for a trip) unlocked S8 64GB?

I'd say around 300 if unlocked. Have a look at adverts to get an idea. Thought the s8 smallest memory was 64gb? Could be wrong though

I'd say around 300 if unlocked. Have a look at adverts to get an idea. Thought the s8 smallest memory was 64gb? Could be wrong though

You're dead right, it is 64GB duno what I was thinking!

Very impressed so far with this phone after messing around trying to set it up for a couple of hours. Camera seems pretty good to me and build quality is very good. It's so smooth and fast at zipping through apps and menus and I'm impressed with miui too. First time using it.
    Loud speakers are average enough is the only thing I've noticed so far.

Would anyone have any suggestions of how I get my facebook events calender to sync with Google calender and xiaomi stock calender.

Also do xiaomi have a stock email app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Lads - I have it in my basket n tempted to pull the trigger at STG 279 on Amazon, is there any possibility it'll go down further between today and Cyber Monday? wishful thinking :)

sorry guys, it is STG and Amazon UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Lads - I have it in my basket n tempted to pull the trigger at 279 on Amazon, is there any possibility it'll go down further between today and Cyber Monday? wishful thinking :)

Have you a link?! Haven't seen it that cheap on Amazon

• Subscribers Posts: 41,843 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Lads - I have it in my basket n tempted to pull the trigger at 279 on Amazon, is there any possibility it'll go down further between today and Cyber Monday? wishful thinking :)

wheres that on amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

sydthebeat wrote: »
    wheres that on amazon?

Thats pounds not euros

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

wawaman wrote: »
    Thats pounds not euros
    Oh right. not such a good deal then.

Best I can find on Amazon is in blue on Amazon.it:
    https://www.amazon.it/Xiaomi-B07GY6GVHF-Smartphone-Dual-Italia/dp/B07GY6GVHF/ref=sr_1_1

€290 + 8.70 delivery to Ireland.
    not sure what the [Italy] means though. Presume it's the standard global version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Like the update punched out. Dark mode for the app drawer is welcome, now they just need to that mode to the rest of the UI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Lads - I have it in my basket n tempted to pull the trigger at STG 279 on Amazon, is there any possibility it'll go down further between today and Cyber Monday? wishful thinking :)

sorry guys, it is STG and Amazon UK.

It's gone up to STG 320 now, so they can reduce it again and say was 320 feckers

Still can figure out how to get my Google calender events to sync to phone. I manually added hyper link for fb birthdays to Google calender on laptop which brought the events in from fb but I've no idea how to get poco to sync with it. There's no sync button within that calender in Google calender. As for me football fixtures and stuff. No idea either.

Can I ask any of you folks that have bought one of these - is it a straightforward set-up etc as with any Android phone.

I've been monitoring this thread and will probably buy one myself but will prob wait for the next gen but one of the lasses here in work has €300 to spend and is looking for the best phone she can get for the cash - spec-wise I've no doubt this one hits that mark but is it user-friendly or do you have to be a bit of a tech-nerd like most of us on here to get it working well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Can I ask any of you folks that have bought one of these - is it a straightforward set-up etc as with any Android phone.

I've been monitoring this thread and will probably buy one myself but will prob wait for the next gen but one of the lasses here in work has €300 to spend and is looking for the best phone she can get for the cash - spec-wise I've no doubt this one hits that mark but is it user-friendly or do you have to be a bit of a tech-nerd like most of us on here to get it working well?

Nah, a colleague of mine got one on my recommendation and she loves it - I sent her the link to disable MIUI system ads, but that was all the tinkering she did..

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Nah, a colleague of mine got one on my recommendation and she loves it - I sent her the link to disable MIUI system ads, but that was all the tinkering she did..

Thanks for that!
    MOH wrote: »
    Oh right. not such a good deal then.

Best I can find on Amazon is in blue on Amazon.it:
    https://www.amazon.it/Xiaomi-B07GY6GVHF-Smartphone-Dual-Italia/dp/B07GY6GVHF/ref=sr_1_1

Would folk be confident that this is the global version?

eggy81 wrote: »
    Still can figure out how to get my Google calender events to sync to phone. I manually added hyper link for fb birthdays to Google calender on laptop which brought the events in from fb but I've no idea how to get poco to sync with it. There's no sync button within that calender in Google calender. As for me football fixtures and stuff. No idea either.
    Problem solved. It turned out it was right there in front of me. Delighted with this phone so far.

Thought there wouldve been more movement on price today. Maybe cyber Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

just tried buying the red one off the solution shop but that site seems to be having issues with processing payments atm. Anybody know where else to get the red variant that is safe? Thanks.

• Advertisement

Haven't used them myself, but eglobal has come been mentioned a few

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-pocophone-f1-6gb-128gb-dual-sim-sim-free-unlocked-red.html

Haven't used them myself, but eglobal has come been mentioned a few

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-pocophone-f1-6gb-128gb-dual-sim-sim-free-unlocked-red.html

Most of the Chinese retailers constantly lying about the stock status.
    Eglobal one of them ,unless you see “24 working hours dispatch” logo next to the item, they don’t have it in stock.

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-pocophone-f1-6gb-128gb-dual-sim-sim-free-unlocked-blue.html
    as you can see , this one has it , red and black not.

alec76 wrote: »
    Most of the Chinese retailers constantly lying about the stock status.
    Eglobal one of them ,unless you see “24 working hours dispatch” logo next to the item, they don’t have it in stock.

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-pocophone-f1-6gb-128gb-dual-sim-sim-free-unlocked-blue.html
    as you can see , this one has it , red and black not.

darn that sucks!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

darn that sucks!

Use honorbuy ;) read through the posts about them...

t0mm13b wrote: »
    Use honorbuy ;) read through the posts about them...

I would but no red variant! Sister is very picky about the colour haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

just tried buying the red one off the solution shop but that site seems to be having issues with processing payments atm. Anybody know where else to get the red variant that is safe? Thanks.

Do NOT USE Thesolutionshop.global

Get the phone from Honorbuy.

• Advertisement

Do NOT USE Thesolutionshop.global

Get the phone from Honorbuy.

I am not sure if it is such a great idea.
    Honorbuy is still a Chinese company.
    It is delivering fast , that is Pro.
    but at the same time it is quite expensive , and what about the warranty , anyone had experience with them? It is still a Grey Import, you know.

For the same money you could get it DIRECTLY from Amazon.co.uk
    You’ll get UK version, with UK original Xiaomi charger etc. And local warranty.
    Amazon ( if you bought it directly from them) one of the best for aftersale support .
    I would buy it at AliExpress ( using coupons etc) if I want it cheap and don’t care for the warranty OR from Amazon if speed or warranty needed .

Ended up buying the blue one off Amazon and just got a pink case for her, win win :) Christmas sorted!

Thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 reuben2018

Hello guys i just bought a pocophone off eglobal, it arrived here in about 2 weeks. Ive only got the phone 3 days. All is going well so far except one thing that is the so called "screen bleeding" issue. I have seen various videos about this issue on youtube etc. but I dont think that any of ye guys mentioned it on this thread. This "bleeding" can be seen at the bottom of the screen when holding the device vertically. this is mostly prevalent when there is a white or grey background. Some said that it was just an effect and would have been removed after the miui 10 update but the issue still persists after the update. Can anyone help me out and give me advice on how to approach eglobal with this issue??

I think mine has the bleeding issue also.
    Tho I doubt youd have much look from the Chinese website.
    Got mine from AliExpress and didn't bother contacting the seller as I'd say they'd do f all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 reuben2018

honda boi wrote: »
    I think mine has the bleeding issue also.
    Tho I doubt youd have much look from the Chinese website.
    Got mine from AliExpress and didn't bother contacting the seller as I'd say they'd do f all about it.

Thats fair enough but since EGlobal is technically based in the EU i should be able to do something about it, mean like refunds etc. The only thing is i really dont want to go through the hassle of returning the phone!! :((

• Advertisement
Advertisement