Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I have bought and I am awaiting delivery of Cyberpunk from Amazon. If it's "broken" I am happy to return it to Amazon. It's not as though I wouldn't be able to cite it being broken by so much public information about it being riddled with glitches. Had a voucher to spend so I'm not too bothered for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Berty wrote: »
    I have bought and I am awaiting delivery of Cyberpunk from Amazon. If it's "broken" I am happy to return it to Amazon. It's not as though I wouldn't be able to cite it being broken by so much public information about it being riddled with glitches. Had a voucher to spend so I'm not too bothered for now.

It will at least likely be very good eventually, unless you are playing on XB1 or PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Markitron wrote: »
    I can 100% see why someone would give the PC version of Cyberpunk a 10/10.

Agree with you there

Im playing it on PC currently and its decent but I'll wait a while even before picking it up on PS5 or SX

On Ps4 or Xbox One.......Its a mess at the moment but so was Witcher 3 at one point but CDPR are usually great Dev's to release quick patches and get things working again. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

amadablam wrote: »
    Agree with you there

Im playing it on PC currently and its decent but I'll wait a while even before picking it up on PS5 or SX

On Ps4 or Xbox One.......Its a mess at the moment but so was Witcher 3 at one point but CDPR are usually great Dev's to release quick patches and get things working again. :D

Its a mess for me on PS5, crashes every day I play literally makes me not want to boot it again...

Its a mess for me on PS5, crashes every day I play literally makes me not want to boot it again...

I'm gonna start in on the PS5 next week, I'm hoping the patch next week includes a few fixes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Jayisplay

amadablam wrote: »
    Agree with you there

Would you really get a game you already have on pc , on a console?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Jayisplay wrote: »

Yep..... My pc is upstairs in the office and I often prefer to play games on the main TV and chill on the couch.

Loads of people buy games on multiple platforms....its not that uncommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Amazon have some new games discounted, just snapped up Immortals Fenyx Rising for 34sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Anyone heard any rumours on if we'll get any christmas sale on the PSN store or when it'll start?

titan18 wrote: »
    Anyone heard any rumours on if we'll get any christmas sale on the PSN store or when it'll start?

Most sales starting on Fridays for the store these days so good chance tomorrow

• Advertisement

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Most sales starting on Fridays for the store these days so good chance tomorrow

I was thinking it might not have been until the end of year sale ended which seems to be 22nd. Tomorrow would suit me more, want to buy something else since Cyberpunk was so disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Jayisplay wrote: »

Yup... did this with a few games. Much nicer to play on my 55" TV, settling back on the couch with a controller, and no need to type on a keyboard throughout the whole process :D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sinnerboy0

mrcheez wrote: »
    Yup... did this with a few games. Much nicer to play on my 55" TV, settling back on the couch with a controller, and no need to type on a keyboard throughout the whole process :D

I actually own the Witcher 3 five times. Got the original version on PS4. Got game of the year edition on PS4 as it was cheaper than buying the DLC and I like having them on a disc. Bought game of the year edition on gog cheap when I built a decent PC. My brother got me the goty edition on Steam last Christmas not knowing I had it on gog. And finally I got the switch version when they patched it to allow cross-save with PC version so I could play it when working away from home.

Actually got cyberpunk twice. Bought for PS4 day one assuming it would play at locked 30fps on Pro. Then saw the digital foundry analysis (as low as 15fps on pro) so I bought on gog for $29.99 (about €25) on gog store using a VPN to make it think I was in Ukraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Smyths have Watch Dogs Legions for €34.99 down from €59.99

Amazon have some new games discounted, just snapped up Immortals Fenyx Rising for 34sterling

Now €35 in Smyths. D'oh. I should have waited and shopped more local

Demon's Souls is down a tenner to €70 as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Cold War Cross gen down to 55 on the store too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Now €35 in Smyths. D'oh. I should have waited and shopped more local

Is it really like Breath of the Wild - seems a great price - is it worth playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Demon's Souls is down a tenner to €70 as well

Sad to think this is considered a bargain.

I haven’t spent more than €20 on a game in years due to psn sales.

Glad I’m not an early adopter at those prices. Yeeesh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Sad to think this is considered a bargain.

I haven’t spent more than €20 on a game in years due to psn sales.

Glad I’m not an early adopter at those prices. Yeeesh

if that's a bargain, what was the original price? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

mrcheez wrote: »
    if that's a bargain, what was the original price? :eek:

€80

PS5 games are a rip. Got it for €60 off US psn

I'm not happy with that price increase, but Demon's Souls is absolutely worth what they charged. Easily the best launch title since Mario 64.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Danick wrote: »
    Is it really like Breath of the Wild - seems a great price - is it worth playing?

Would be interested in this myself? Just finished MM so was looking at sackboy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,135 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Would be interested in this myself? Just finished MM so was looking at sackboy

Sackboy is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I'm not happy with that price increase, but Demon's Souls is absolutely worth what they charged. Easily the best launch title since Mario 64.

Sorry no. Just no. Mario 64 was a masterpiece and a watershed moment in gaming history.

Demon souls is a 10 year old game with a bit of spit and polish.

Not saying it’s a bad game but to compare this as a launch title to that of one of the greatest games of all time is just wrong.

Sorry for going off topic

Back on topic, and talking of games with a bit of spit and polish, I’m tempted to give La Noire a buy at €20 on psn. Didn’t play it the first time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Demon souls is a 10 year old game with a bit of spit and polish.

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is there a set day when games go on sale on PS store? Want to see if I can get Ghost of Tsushima or Crash 4 on sale before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

J. Marston wrote: »
    Is there a set day when games go on sale on PS store? Want to see if I can get Ghost of Tsushima or Crash 4 on sale before Christmas.

Sales usually start on Tuesdays now. The current one ends next Tuesday so there should be new one then

• Advertisement

Sales usually start on Tuesdays now. The current one ends next Tuesday so there should be new one then

Hopefully, thought we might get yesterday for the 12 days of Christmas sale, so hoping Tuesday now.

Advertisement