Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,155 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah they can connect to PC (or any device with bluetooth) without the adapter provided it has bluetooth. Unfortunately the elite isn't bluetooth though :(

Brilliant, the new one that I got with the One X should be fine though?
    CatInABox wrote: »
    They can, without any real issue. I think it can only do one at a time though.

It does not. A new model has been rumoured for some time now.

It may be a joke, but USB Bluetooth keys are pretty cheap, but you'd be better off going with the Xbox Adapter, I'd say.

I have the adaptor, but it's constantly dropping connection.
    I reckon that 2.4ghz is overcrowded, knocking it off, so BT would be the way to go

That's great! So damn cheap. I was going to go with an internal BT card, but for 6 pound, you can't go wrong. Plus a search on amazon is not bringing back any internal BT cards :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,155 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Brilliant, the new one that I got with the One X should be fine though?

I should think so, i'm pretty sure all the newer controllers are all bluetooth. My One S controller and another I bought from amazon both work on bluetooth with my PC and steam link.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I should think so, i'm pretty sure all the newer controllers are all bluetooth. My One S controller and another I bought from amazon both work on bluetooth with my PC and steam link.

Nice one, thinking about it, I'm sure to have a BT adapter around somewhere!
    And CEX will give me €12 for that MS adapter!

Everything's coming up Milhouse :D

Hey guys,

Anyone know if\where you can buy a digital gift card for Star Wars Battlefront 2? I need something tangible that can be gift wrapped. And Not a disc if possible :)

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Hey guys,

Anyone know if\where you can buy a digital gift card for Star Wars Battlefront 2? I need something tangible that can be gift wrapped. And Not a disc if possible :)

Cheers.

do you mean a download code for the actual game? or in game currency (which has been turned off at the moment)?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Hey guys,

Cheers.

Nowhere unfortunately, all you will get is a code on a receipt. Though I think you can get a gift card to put the receipt in if purchased in GameStop, haven't gotten one in a while so I may be mistaken.

Otherwise you could get Xbox credit for the value of the game in Argos, who are the only retailer still selling physical cards.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

You could just get a code and put that into a card? Or get a small box and put the code in there? Gift wrap that? Not ideal, but there's ways around just having the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Hey guys,

Cheers.

As suggested, write the code on a card. Be creative? Buy a cheap Star Wars toy and write the code on it somewhere? Make it into a joke and say you got confused, it'll be a memorable one.

Great, thanks for the ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭amber2

Can Xbox 360 games be played on an Xbox one S console.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,642 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

amber2 wrote: »
    Can Xbox 360 games be played on an Xbox one S console.
    Only backwards compatible ones, details of which ones here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,923 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Dear forum,

My son wants Cuphead for Christmas and he's still a believer (in Santa). There are no physical versions, not even code in a box type jobs available. So how can I make something decent to put under the tree? Any helpful advice gratefully received.

Yours sincerely TMM

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Dear forum,

My son wants Cuphead for Christmas and he's still a believer (in Santa). There are no physical versions, not even code in a box type jobs available. So how can I make something decent to put under the tree? Any helpful advice gratefully received.

Yours sincerely TMM

Is there anyway you could get the console without him noticing, download Cuphead, then just wrap it up with a card that's says "Now with added Cuphead".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Dear forum,

Yours sincerely TMM

So by your post I take it he Is using your email? Send a gift to the email. And when he falls asleep. Install the game code ?

Dear forum,

Yours sincerely TMM

1. Get a digital code for Cuphead.(Tear off rest of receipt with the price on it.)

https://www.gamestop.ie/Platform/Games/66095

2. Get a Cuphead figure like below.

https://m.zavvi.com/merch-figures/cuphead-vinyl-figure/11563187.html?_ga=2.66255278.1491029029.1511540414-525186921.1509716236&_gac=1.196307550.1511574401.CjwKCAiAo9_QBRACEiwASknDwe1WRncfcytRTg43-Qa9nRPsTqdpFsmg7_FnBwV9bdI290Wo7291rRoCzqUQAvD_BwE

3. Insert code in box in an easily spotted position.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

1. Get a digital code for Cuphead.(Tear off rest of receipt with the price on it.)

I agree with the rest of your post but not the bit I left instead of having the receipt print off a image of cup head with the code writing below in fancy font.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I am disappointed that no one replied with "Dear TMM" and closed off with "Sincerely forum Member" :(

Thanks everyone, brilliant ideas, I'll go for the vinyl cuphead figure idea with fancy looking printed code on a pic.

Chuffed I asked here because I was just going to print code and stick it In a card. He's only 9 so that'd been a bit crap.

I am disappointed that no one replied with "Dear TMM" and closed off with "Sincerely forum Member" :(

Yeah, I appear to be quite formal when I've had a few. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,832 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cuphead is a super little game. Only played about an hour but it's great.

Looking forward to getting back into it later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭dunworth1

has anyone returned something ought on gamestop.ie before?

i bought an xbox one s for my sister last monday but then they brought out the 299 offer
    so cue me emailing gamestop to get an rma number (its unopened) but i haven't heard anything back from them yet
    i sent the email on the 20th i tried to phone them on the 22nd at 3pm to which i received an automated response starting lines are open until 4pm.

but they had switched it over before 4 so I left a message hoping someone would call or email me back but still nothing at all?

dunworth1 wrote: »
    has anyone returned something ought on gamestop.ie before?

i bought an xbox one s for my sister last monday but then they brought out the 299 offer
    so cue me emailing gamestop to get an rma number (its unopened) but i haven't heard anything back from them yet
    i sent the email on the 20th i tried to phone them on the 22nd at 3pm to which i received an automated response starting lines are open until 4pm.

but they had switched it over before 4 so I left a message hoping someone would call or email me back but still nothing at all?

Did you buy online or in store? Think there is a cooling off period for all purchases online of 7 days which few sites tell you about, you make have to cover the cost of return though. Folks over on consumer issues would know.

Did you buy online or in store? Think there is a cooling off period for all purchases online of 7 days which few sites tell you about, you make have to cover the cost of return though. Folks over on consumer issues would know.

online theres a 14 days cooling off period but my trouble is trying to actually get in contact with gamestop they seem to be non existant

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/shopping/buying-online/your-rights-online/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Signed my son up to xbox live and it's taken the payment but a message saying his profile doesn't allow him access to live ?

Any ideas

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Normally when I return something it’s a matter of using the return label provided and posting it back with the form filled in as to why you want to return it
    Is there a return label ?

no return label in the box one is available online but it requires an RMA number first

Signed my son up to xbox live and it's taken the payment but a message saying his profile doesn't allow him access to live ?

Any ideas

Is his age under 13 on his profile? If it is you will need to sign up to Gold and share it with him.

Any ideas

have you got parental controls enabled on his account?

Any ideas

• Advertisement

dunworth1 wrote: »
    have you got parental controls enabled on his account?

No idea, to be honest plugged in Xbox a year ago and Microsoft took my money for live....it's showing on the account

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement