Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Argos stock of wave 2 confirmed to be S**t
    No Little Mac in sight at all :(
    Pit can be ordered in but some others can't.
    Still waiting on confirmation of Villager and Marth being in to collect

• Registered Users Posts: 18,080 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Argos have some of the next wave up now, No Little Mac unfortunately and no two for €27 neither. They also have WFT and Villager in some stores NOW but be quick as they are selling out fast.

Has anybody got a confirmation text about their orders being in yet? It said available to collect from today till Monday. Or does that mean it could be Monday before they even get the stock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Relentleslee

Toysrus.co.uk have wave 2 in stock (with the exception of Little Mac and Pit, they had all of them still available to preorder last night). They are £10.89 and you get free delivery if you spend £29.99, they ship to Ireland too.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭hypersquirrel

Has anybody got a confirmation text about their orders being in yet? It said available to collect from today till Monday. Or does that mean it could be Monday before they even get the stock?

I got one yesterday for Villager and picked him up but nothing for my Marth order yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

I was due to pick mine up today but didn't get a text. Dropped in to Argos Ilac just there and a staff member pointed to about 50 blue crates behind the counter that had yet to be opened and suggested the items were in that delivery. Hopefully get a text tomorrow. Not sure what to do about sourcing Little Mac.

eoghanie wrote: »
    I was due to pick mine up today but didn't get a text. Dropped in to Argos Ilac just there and a staff member pointed to about 50 blue crates behind the counter that had yet to be opened and suggested the items were in that delivery. Hopefully get a text tomorrow. Not sure what to do about sourcing Little Mac.

I'm sure that will be tonight's unpacking for the staff then, hopefully get the text later or in the morning.

Caved in and ordered Little Mac from Amazon.de. Can always cancel later. This is a sickness.......

It means the item is in stock now and will be held for you until close of business Monday.

Caved in and ordered Little Mac from Amazon.de. Can always cancel later. This is a sickness.......

I agree, there is such a big urge to have them all, they look very nice when all lined up together too. I've got 6 it will be at least 12 by the end of the year. What about everyone else?

Are you sure RobbingBandit? I never got the text to say they were in stock to pick up thats why I ask. Ill check tomorrow when I'm in there tho anyway

• Advertisement

I agree, there is such a big urge to have them all, they look very nice when all lined up together too. I've got 6 it will be at least 12 by the end of the year. What about everyone else?

Are you sure RobbingBandit? I never got the text to say they were in stock to pick up thats why I ask. Ill check tomorrow when I'm in there tho anyway

I've got 12 so far. Kirby and Fox being picked up tomorrow hopefully, Villager, Marth and WFT arriving from Amazon on Monday, which only leaves the elusive Little Mac........

If it says available to collect that is your confirmation text, I'm going to collect my WFT, Kirby, Marth and Villager now, €54 plus a free €5 voucher back.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Anybody near Argos Galway, or the Nutgrove one?

Would be very grateful if someone could do me a favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Corholio wrote: »

I'm picking up my villager and kirby tomorrow in galway, just got a text. What does this favour involve?

I'm picking up my villager and kirby tomorrow in galway, just got a text. What does this favour involve?

Got a reservation for a Little Mac in Galway for tomorrow. Would pay if you could post to Cork, and a bit extra for going to the trouble of getting it.

Got a reservation for a Little Mac in Galway for tomorrow. Would pay if you could post to Cork, and a bit extra for going to the trouble of getting it.

I'll be in the Nutgrove branch tomorrow.

I'll be in the Nutgrove branch tomorrow.

Would you be willing to pick it up and post it to Cork? All paid for of course.

Might also be able to get you one of the others, if you were still looking for any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Relentleslee

Was in GameStop in Balbriggan earlier and they had Captain Falcon and Little Mac in the Wii U section,

Friend sent me code for Little Mac for Tallaght, if anyone can pick up Nutgrove one for me, could have the Tallaght one themselves, or vice versa.

Sorry won't actually be out there after all not until Monday now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Friend sent me code for Little Mac for Tallaght, if anyone can pick up Nutgrove one for me, could have the Tallaght one themselves, or vice versa.

I just Checked stock :eek:.
    I'm unable to collect anyway. I saw it on amaxon spain earlier, for €12 + €3 delivered (That has already jumped to crazy money).

I'm sick (literally), and that seems to have stopped any possiblities of me getting some of the more 'intangible' :pac: Amiibo's.

I have two alternatives now. I either jump ship, don't try to collect them and sell any I may have that I don't "need" for a small profit.
    Or
    I start to spend a huge amount of time trying to find them for a decent price, or end up paying the high price asked by the resellers that have already bought a ton of them. - And remind myself, Wave 2 was only launched today............ :mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Allyall wrote: »
    I just Checked stock :eek:.
    I'm unable to collect anyway. I saw it on amaxon spain earlier, for €12 + €3 delivered (That has already jumped to crazy money).

I'm sick (literally), and that seems to have stopped any possiblities of me getting some of the more 'intangible' :pac: Amiibo's.

I have two alternatives now. I either jump ship, don't try to collect them and sell any I may have that I don't "need" for a small profit.
    Or
    I start to spend a huge amount of time trying to find them for a decent price, or end up paying the high price asked by the resellers that have already bought a ton of them. - And remind myself, Wave 2 was only launched today............ :mad::(

And remind yourself that wave 3 and 4 will likely be more adversely affected by low stock levels on some amiibo.

Got a Little Mac reserved just now, a few still up to reserve,get them quick.

Have a little Mac coming from Amazon and also getting one in Argos today so I have a spare one up for grabs if anyone is interested? PM for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

Have a little Mac coming from Amazon and also getting one in Argos today so I have a spare one up for grabs if anyone is interested? PM for details.

where are u based? I'm interested but I'm in galway

Picked up a Villager, Marth and Little Mac today

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

I'm near galway tomorrow if that is any good?

Finally got my Marth, got a Villager and Kirby too, Kirby looks awesome, I'm going to dance him around whilst playing the soundtrack cd I got from club nintendo, why yes I am a nut job.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,645 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So some Amiibos aren't compatible with the games in the same way?

That's a bit dumb isnt it? If I want to Go Kart race with Mega Man I can't

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    So some Amiibos aren't compatible with the games in the same way?

That's a bit dumb isnt it? If I want to Go Kart race with Mega Man I can't

They could always add more amiibo mii costumes int he second MK8 DLC. Mega Man, Sonic etc.

Also has the Captain Toad support not been confirmed yet? Assuming it will be part of an update as I havn't heard anything yet

Advertisement