Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,229 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Shiminay wrote: »
    I don't understand why people care about these things - I definitely don't :D It's just nonsense busy work to keep people playing a game well past it's sell-by date. I feel the same about Steam Achievements. These things only really exist to let the developer learn what parts of the game people enjoyed and how far they got into it.

I enjoy being judgemental about other people's trophy collections.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm not a trophy hunter either but the odd time I get a platinum the endorphins spike and it feels good. If it's straightforwardish I'll go for it but I'm not collecting 100 feathers to get it or things of that ilk.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,270 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Shiminay wrote: »
    I don't understand why people care about these things - I definitely don't :D It's just nonsense busy work to keep people playing a game well past it's sell-by date.

I generally use it for the opposite; a reason to keep playing the game when I've accomplished most of the main things, but I'm enjoying the game too much to stop playing. When I'm still enjoying the gameplay but have finished main story and a few side things etc and don't know what to do next, usually check the trophy list and if I'm not that far off, use the remaining trophies as objectives.

Then again, it always depends on the trophies. If they throw in a load of multiplayer ones, f*ck that, because you're usually at the mercy of other people's skills more so than your own. Borderlands 2 was one of my favourite games, but I don't know if I have even 50% of the trophies because a lot of the stuff I had left to do just seemed like a greater chore than just farming for better loot. Borderlands 3 I've platinumed because I have most of the best loot, the remaining trophies weren't all that troublesome and I wanted to keep playing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm sure with a search you could find me saying this, but online trophies should not be a thing, or at the very least should not count towards a Plat. Many games I would have Plat'd if I didn't need to do the online stuff, and quite a lot of them you can no longer complete as the online is dead (AC games).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,350 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I'm sure with a search you could find me saying this, but online trophies should not be a thing, or at the very least should not count towards a Plat. Many games I would have Plat'd if I didn't need to do the online stuff, and quite a lot of them you can no longer complete as the online is dead (AC games).

I agree. I also have an issue with trophies for something that you can only do once (e.g. do x first time), means you need to replay to even attempt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Dont get trophy hunting thing either,if im enjoying playing a game dont really need trophys to keep playing. Ill just,ye know,keep playing:P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Depends on the game. Some I'll jusbbolay to the conclusion, some have really interesting ones that are worth a challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

So I had July’s Plus games downloaded onto my console (Detroit & Horizon Chase Turbo) but deleted them awhile back to free up some space, I went to re-download Detroit today and it’s no where to be seen in my library or download list and is showing as €40 on the store. Neither is Horizon but I even have that in my trophy list as I’ve played it for an hour or two, is there any way to get them back? I’ve DM’s PS on twitter but haven’t gotten a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,502 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

any chance you used a different profile to 'buy' the games? Ask PlayStation are usually good but not sure you'll get any answer on a weekend.

Take a look at Ask PlayStation UK (@AskPS_UK): https://twitter.com/AskPS_UK?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    So I had July’s Plus games downloaded onto my console (Detroit & Horizon Chase Turbo) but deleted them awhile back to free up some space, I went to re-download Detroit today and it’s no where to be seen in my library or download list and is showing as €40 on the store. Neither is Horizon but I even have that in my trophy list as I’ve played it for an hour or two, is there any way to get them back? I’ve DM’s PS on twitter but haven’t gotten a reply.

Do you have the email to say "thank you for your purchase" of each game?

• Advertisement

Morpork wrote: »
    Do you have the email to say "thank you for your purchase" of each game?

I don't think you get emails for purchasing psplus games anymore. I checked my mail and only purchase emails i have all summer are for games i actually bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

ItsHoggie wrote: »

Has your plus subscription expired?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I don't think you get emails for purchasing psplus games anymore. I checked my mail and only purchase emails i have all summer are for games i actually bought.

Yeah just checked too and it's the same for me. I just thought I was really good at ignored them. : )

Maybe a lapsed subscription alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

any chance you used a different profile to 'buy' the games? Ask PlayStation are usually good but not sure you'll get any answer on a weekend.

Take a look at Ask PlayStation UK (@AskPS_UK): https://twitter.com/AskPS_UK?s=09

Ah, it’s usually me who purchases the plus on my account but I was using my brothers plus that month so the games are on his account. Bit of a slow moment for me there :pac: cheers lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Niska

Nioh and Outlast 2 are now free on store.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,497 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just added this month and I got the email for them.

Varik wrote: »
    Just added this month and I got the email for them.

Hhmm interesting, will check mine when i add them later.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I just "bought" mine now too and got the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,270 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah I was one trophy off getting the platinum for AC Brotherhood, but the last trophy I had to get was a ridiculous multiplayer one that when I googled for tips, everyone was just saying to arrange groups to boost for it (eg. everyone let one person get it in one game, another person the next etc). It really felt like the odds of actually getting it legitimately were so slim and you'd have to play every game really gunning for it specifically that it was just pointless to even try.

I'll definitely grab Ni-Oh this month, but not sure if/when I'll get a chance to play it. Really falling behind. Have barely cracked into Outer Worlds yet, still haven't gotten around to Days Gone, I have at least 2 Yakuza games bought but not started, and I know Borderlands 3 will keep pulling me back in with updates/DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

There's currently 25% off a year's PS plus subscription in the PSN store black Friday sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

JimBurnley wrote: »
    There's currently 25% off a year's PS plus subscription in the PSN store black Friday sale

Didn't the UK get 25% off for 18 months recently?? That was what I was hoping for!!

Sure it is €49 pretty much all year round on Press start!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,497 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Best of both worlds

Buy €50 for 43.99 off press start and then buy the reduced PSN sub, save yourself a euro and get 5 credit for the PSN wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Smyths have 12 month PS Plus passes for €44.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Smyths have 12 month PS Plus passes for €44.99.

Buy €50 psn credit from Press Start for €43.99 and use it to buy a sub. Works out €1 cheaper and you still have another €5 credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Is it this Wed that we find out about Dec's PS+ games? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Is it this Wed that we find out about Dec's PS+ games? :)

Should be as the first Tuesday of December is next week

• Registered Users Posts: 16 muzim

Buy €50 psn credit from Press Start for €43.99 and use it to buy a sub. Works out €1 cheaper and you still have another €5 credit.

How legit is that site? Looks a bit rough around the edges (actually all over) and they're asking me to input my PS details on their site :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

muzim wrote: »
    How legit is that site? Looks a bit rough around the edges (actually all over) and they're asking me to input my PS details on their site :/

They shouldn’t be asking for any details relating to your PSN account

• Registered Users Posts: 16 muzim

Well this is embarrassing. Turns out PS stands for Press Start, and not related to PSN at all!

But besides all that, still legit? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

muzim wrote: »

They're legit, never been asked for psn details so don't know what is going on there.

Advertisement