Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Just wondering does this deal apply to accounts for us in Ireland?
    https://www.techradar.com/news/playstation-plus-deals

It mentions its Italian is there anyway around this ?

No. Instant Gaming/Press Start have the cheapest Irish PS+ subs at €48.99, they are currently out of stock though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

No. Instant Gaming/Press Start have the cheapest Irish PS+ subs at €48.99, they are currently out of stock though.

Crap ill have to keep an eye on this as mine is up in day or so totally forgot about it!

Thanks for the quick reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,253 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I hate to be that guy, but it's another shít month for ps+ games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Cienciano wrote: »
    I hate to be that guy, but it's another shít month for ps+ games.

It's really not. The unchartered collection is a great way to start the new year. Thank you ps+!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

It's really not. The unchartered collection is a great way to start the new year. Thank you ps+!

Like the previous month the good game is a game that has been on sale for less than its budget price. Goat Simulator nobody would ever want enough to pay for, just like Monster Energy Supercross last month.
    Hopefully next month is better as December & January have been weak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,543 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Agreed, I'd rather good games than expensive games. People are quick to slate Sony when they say that we're getting €70 of games and they're trash games (like that Monster Motocross game) so once they're good, it's a win.

I have the UC collection so no use to me but looking forward to Goat Simulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Very happy with the uncharted collection. I owned them all previously, but are since lost or damaged and my PS3 is gathering dust anyway. Looking forward to playing them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

Happy enough with the UC Collection - even though i have them all on PS3 (and have already gotten UC3 on PS+ in 2013).

Goat Simulator - always looked like I game I'd happily mess with for a couple of hours then delete and never revisit, so happy that I can do that, but I think almost every one (even I) would rather something else.

Ia m very curious, though, why Goat Simulator is not available in Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and UAE...

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Crap ill have to keep an eye on this as mine is up in day or so totally forgot about it!

The 12-month subscription is back down to €44.99 on the PlayStation Store until 13 January.

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    The 12-month subscription is back down to €44.99 on the PlayStation Store until 13 January.

Buy a €50 psn voucher on Press Start/Instant Gaming for €43.99, use it to buy the sub and you'll still have €5 credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Thar_Cian wrote: »

Still showing up as €59.99 for me. How do you get it for €45?

donegal. wrote: »
    Still showing up as €59.99 for me. How do you get it for €45?

Showing up at €45 for me.

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/IP9102-NPIA90006_01-PSPLUSSUBS12MDIS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I'm setting up accounts for the kids to restrict their play time.

I have 2 accounts, my primary one, and another one set up for the US store. I only have a few games purchased from the US store.

The main game they play was bought on the US store, Lego City, and their accounts won't let them play this game.

Do I have to set the US account as my primary account to let them play this game? And will the other games bought from the Irish store be unavailable if I do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

BaronVon wrote: »
    I'm setting up accounts for the kids to restrict their play time.

I have 2 accounts, my primary one, and another one set up for the US store. I only have a few games purchased from the US store.

The main game they play was bought on the US store, Lego City, and their accounts won't let them play this game.

Do I have to set the US account as my primary account to let them play this game? And will the other games bought from the Irish store be unavailable if I do this?

it's not the accounts you set as primary, it's the console. You set the PS4 as the primary console for the US account, then that will allow them to play the US games on other accounts on the console. It won't affect any games on other accounts.
    You can set the PS4 as the primary console for many accounts on the console.

On the PS4, go to Settings>Account Management>Activate as your primary ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Press-start are out of stock now so screw that anyway.

quinnd6 wrote: »

Still €45 on psn until tomorrow at 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭branners69

quinnd6 wrote: »

I posted this back in September but is still vaild.
    branners69 wrote: »
    You could try here! Use UNIKORN to get it down to €41.66.

They seem to be getting decent reviews from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

That's brilliant it worked instantly.
    It's 43.26 using Paypal and that code which is still great.
    Thank you very much branners69.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

it's not the accounts you set as primary, it's the console. You set the PS4 as the primary console for the US account, then that will allow them to play the US games on other accounts on the console. It won't affect any games on other accounts.
    You can set the PS4 as the primary console for many accounts on the console.

On the PS4, go to Settings>Account Management>Activate as your primary ps4.

Perfect, thanks, that worked!

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

My annual ps plus subscription renewed automatically last weekend, but I'm going travelling in August so I meant to cancel it and get a 6 month subscription, got on to customer service and they said they usually don't refund subscriptions but because I contacted them so quickly they would refund me this time, must say that was nice of them

So now I'm looking for a 6 month ps plus subscription, I can only see 3 month subscriptions, is my best bet to get 2 of those?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Varik

My annual ps plus subscription renewed automatically last weekend, but I'm going travelling in August so I meant to cancel it and get a 6 month subscription, got on to customer service and they said they usually don't refund subscriptions but because I contacted them so quickly they would refund me this time, must say that was nice of them

So now I'm looking for a 6 month ps plus subscription, I can only see 3 month subscriptions, is my best bet to get 2 of those?

Getting 2 3-months cost ~50 and a year cost ~60.

You'd miss out on July too, and even if you're not playing you're getting the PS plus games for those 2 months (which you'd be able to add on the web store).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,893 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With PS5 coming, I just had a quick look back at what games were given with the first month of PS4. Contrast and Resogun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

CastorTroy wrote: »
    With PS5 coming, I just had a quick look back at what games were given with the first month of PS4. Contrast and Resogun.

Didn't Resogun come preinstalled on the Day1 editions?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,361 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Don't think so, pretty sure I downloaded mine manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Penn wrote: »

Yeah I remember downloading Contrast and Resogun when I got the PS4 on Day 1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,730 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Definitely not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Penn wrote: »
    lertsnim wrote: »
    Definitely not.

It's been so long I honestly forgot I'd to downloaded it. Great game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,893 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think the first game I played on my ps4 was Styx since I bought a bundle(Uncharted collection and Battlefront), sold the games to cex to offset the price and already had a backlog due to plus. Must go back and play it properly

• Registered Users Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Had to go back and check my trophy list, so may not be accurate, but I think my first PS4 game was Killzone: Shadow Fall. Can't remember that far back, and no idea if this is the first PS4 game I played...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Had to go back and check my trophy list, so may not be accurate, but I think my first PS4 game was Killzone: Shadow Fall. Can't remember that far back, and no idea if this is the first PS4 game I played...

Mine too. Very underrated game. Stunning to this day visually and tight gameplay wise. I don’t remember the story but tbh I never do with FPS games.

Got lost in the mix for me a bit because I bought Destiny soon after.

It was hello Destiny and bye bye Killzone for me at that point.

Advertisement