Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My wisdom tooth extraction experience

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

marionken wrote: »
    hi joined here to post on this thread, as i had trawled through all the above to see about getting my wisdom teeth removed, I was terrified and should of got them removed last year, I rang a oral hygenist in Maynooth on tuesday, asked for sedation , and yesterday Thursday had the best experience at a dentist i have ever had :D hard to believe, i got iv sedation , dentist was lovely explained everything and listened to me , half an hour later i was finished and no real memory of anything and the three wisdom teeth gone , and it only cost 500 i say" only" as some dentist had quoted a lot more . I would highly recomend this dentist to anyone, not sure i can put up the name of the clinic :(

Can you send me a PM with the name of the clinic you attended as I have to get a lower wisdom tooth taken out and I like the recommendation you have made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

:eek:Can you request the GA? I have to get both bottom wisdom teeth out and the thought of being awake for it is a nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Jem123 wrote: »
    :eek:Can you request the GA? I have to get both bottom wisdom teeth out and the thought of being awake for it is a nightmare.

You can but IV sedation is quicker, safer, cheaper, more comfortable and more convenient.....

You can but IV sedation is quicker, safer, cheaper, more comfortable and more convenient.....

With the IV sedation would I be aware of what's going on? Don't know if I could cope with hearing drills etc..

Jem123 wrote: »
    With the IV sedation would I be aware of what's going on? Don't know if I could cope with hearing drills etc..

The agent used are the same as those used for scopes etc... You're relaxed to the point of a snooze or at least not giving a hoot about what treatment you are having done. It works really well for oral surgery...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭GaryIrv93

1st time was grand. Didn't really feel any pain, just a lot of pressure when the dentist was trying to extract the tooth and that was it. Like the OP it was over in no time. I lost what looked like a hell of a lot of blood though afterwards throughout the day and felt a little dizzy later on. Otherwise it was grand.

2nd time it was fairly painful as the tooth was in an awkward positon and needed a lot of anesthetic. Multiple tools were needed. It took a lot longer as well than the first time. Wasn't one bit pleasant. Again there was a good bit of bleeding for the rest of the day with some dizziness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Getting a lower one out later this week *fingers crossed*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭JajaD

I have had a swollen left cheek for the past 3 days because of my wisdom tooth coming up. To make matters worse i have braces on. Heading to the doctor tomorrow to see whats gonna happen. Dreading it now after hearing so many horror stories. Eeeek.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 marionken

honestly i rang around for a GA and the quotes where enough for a small morgage :( i got the iv and never knew anything till i woke up and trust me i am a very nervous patient

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Had a wisdom tooth extracted yesterday (got 2 fillings too). Prior to this the whole left hand side of my mouth was very sore for the last 2 or 3 weeks so I eventually went to a dentist (wife forced me!!! :D). Got 2 injections in the gum, waited about 10 minutes for the numbness to set in and them the tooth was whipped out (It broke during the removal,which seems to be pretty common, so that made things a little more awkward). No pain whatsoever during the procedure, didn't even notice the injections.
    My mouth is a little sore today, though I haven't needed any pain killers. Nothing to it. Glad I hadn't read some of the posts in this thread prior to the extraction, however!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

Got my 2 lower wisdom teeth out yesterday with sedation. Didnt find that part bad at all. I'm a bit fat faced and sore but not too bad as ive been taking lots of painkillers. my mouth tastes horrible no matter how much cleaning i do. Weirdest thing is half my tongue is still numb though, hoping it comes back soon!

Rockiemalt wrote: »
    Got my 2 lower wisdom teeth out yesterday with sedation. Didnt find that part bad at all. I'm a bit fat faced and sore but not too bad as ive been taking lots of painkillers. my mouth tastes horrible no matter how much cleaning i do. Weirdest thing is half my tongue is still numb though, hoping it comes back soon!

Very early days.
    Keep a record of the numbness so that you have the information to decide if it is getting better or not;
    How numb is it? 1-10 cant feel a thing.... to.... just feels a little tingly or funny
    Where is it numb? whole side of tongue, tip, back of tongue....
    Taste ok?

Get a baseline and then you can decide if it is resolving. Most are a few days, others can be months, rare enough but some don't resolve.

Contact your dentist in a few days if still odd...

OS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

Numb from front all the way back on one side, the side with the more difficult wisdom tooth. almost feels like when you burn your mouth on something hot so cant taste anything and i'd say i cant feel very much at all there.
    the last hour or so i have had about 2 or 3 times where i got an twitchy/tickly feeling just near the tip on the numb side so maybe thats good?

Rockiemalt wrote: »
    Numb from front all the way back on one side, the side with the more difficult wisdom tooth. almost feels like when you burn your mouth on something hot so cant taste anything and i'd say i cant feel very much at all there.
    the last hour or so i have had about 2 or 3 times where i got an twitchy/tickly feeling just near the tip on the numb side so maybe thats good?

Again, very early days so just keep an eye on it. Some sensation is good, twinges of pain/tingling/electric shock like sensations are a sign of some nerve activity and recovery.
    Now you have a fresh wound with associated swelling, pain, inflammation etc etc, it is impossible to judge the long term recovery until the area begins to settle down. You'll have a better idea of how things are in a few weeks when the area is healed again, but just an idea....
    For now, be careful not to bite on your tongue or hurt yourself with hot food or drink.
    Let your dentist/ surgeon know how you're doing too.
    All the best,
    OS

I am getting 3 wisdom teeth out under GA on Monday. How long should I expect swelling and bad pain to last?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Hi all,
    After a first visit to a new dentist to repair a chipped tooth I was told that I'd need Wisdom teeth extraction.
    This contradicts what my orthodontist told me 6 months ago that there would be no problems with my wisdom teeth.

Anyway, he's told me that I will need to get an X-Ray which will cost me €75 and the extractions would cost around €100-150 each.
    The X-Ray price seems ridiculous! Also from what I've read here I get the idea that if I want anaesthetic it will cost me more?

I hold a medical card too but I don't think that gives me any benefits here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Eathrin wrote: »
    Anyway, he's told me that I will need to get an X-Ray which will cost me €75 and the extractions would cost around €100-150 each.
    The X-Ray price seems ridiculous! Also from what I've read here I get the idea that if I want anaesthetic it will cost me more?

Would you prefer he just start yanking teeth :eek:

You can be sure he/she will be taking a lot of xrays...

Would you prefer he just start yanking teeth :eek:

You can be sure he/she will be taking a lot of xrays...

No of course I see why I should get an x-ray but €75 is a mad price for what it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

There is a large nerve that runs close to lower wisdom teeth. Its very important that the surgeon knows the relationship of the tooth to the nerve, unless having a permanently numb face wouldn't bother you.

A wisdom tooth consultation without a proper X-ray doesn't amount to much.

• Advertisement

Thanks, but can anybody tell me what the average price of a dental x-ray in Ireland is?
    I'd like to know whether I'm being ripped off here or not and should go somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭blackwave

had a lower wisdom tooth out and while the surgeon said it was a awkward extraction it has healed fine for the most part. However I was given dis solvable stitches and told they would be gone within 7-10 days its out two weeks today and there is still a part of the stitching in my mouth. It seems to be slightly inflamed but not really causing me any pain, I was wondering should I wait it out or just go into my dentist and get it removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Hats

I went to the dentist yesterday (a regular visitor) after I had a rather painful infection in the back of my mouth. When my wisdom teeth started to grow, the bottom teeth grew straight up into the gum, so a flap still partially covers them. Very rarely a piece of food gets stuck there, and becomes infected. This hasn't happened in about 4 years, but happened over the weekend.

At age 20, the dentist I went to in the UK said that all 4 teeth were impacted, and the bottom teeth were resting on the nerve. It would be very dangerous to extract them as there is a chance of permanent numbness in the event that my nerves were damaged. I decided to leave the teeth as is, and many dentists over the years have agreed with this choice.

so, I went to a dentist yesterday and after examination and x-ray the dentist advised me that I should get all 4 teeth taken out. The x-ray shows that the teeth are still resting on the nerve, but the dentist told me that there is hardly any risk of damage these days!!! I asked how much the surgery would cost, and it works out at €350 per tooth, €100 surgeon's consultancy fees and €200 for sedation = €1700.

My questions are - are these the actual going rates? Are they just trying to get me to spend stupid amounts of money with them?

The actual surgery part doesn't bug me, but damaging my nerves for no reason other than to satisfy someone's pocket does!

P.S. Eathrin - my x-ray cost €35

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

Hats wrote: »
    I went to the dentist yesterday (a regular visitor) after I had a rather painful infection in the back of my mouth. When my wisdom teeth started to grow, the bottom teeth grew straight up into the gum, so a flap still partially covers them. Very rarely a piece of food gets stuck there, and becomes infected. This hasn't happened in about 4 years, but happened over the weekend.

At age 20, the dentist I went to in the UK said that all 4 teeth were impacted, and the bottom teeth were resting on the nerve. It would be very dangerous to extract them as there is a chance of permanent numbness in the event that my nerves were damaged. I decided to leave the teeth as is, and many dentists over the years have agreed with this choice.

so, I went to a dentist yesterday and after examination and x-ray the dentist advised me that I should get all 4 teeth taken out. The x-ray shows that the teeth are still resting on the nerve, but the dentist told me that there is hardly any risk of damage these days!!! I asked how much the surgery would cost, and it works out at €350 per tooth, €100 surgeon's consultancy fees and €200 for sedation = €1700.

My questions are - are these the actual going rates? Are they just trying to get me to spend stupid amounts of money with them?

The actual surgery part doesn't bug me, but damaging my nerves for no reason other than to satisfy someone's pocket does!

P.S. Eathrin - my x-ray cost €35
    Hi

Sedation was 100 extra for me

3 x Wisdom (1 impacted & other two were borderline, 1 was not erupted & was left) & 1 x baby tooth beside a wisdom tooth
    2 x Premolars

Cost 650 in all & took 45 mins

I'm getting ortho work done so gave me a slight reduction..

I'd get a second opinion on above..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Just on Day 3 of recovery from a very painful lower Impacted wisdom tooth and bone re-shape ... seriously DAMN I never knew something so small could hurt so freaking much!

The root was right on the nerve leaving it exposed, the surgeon packed it up with with a self dissolving gel/foam in the socket which he reckoned gave the best chance of zero nerve damage or dry socket once stitched up.

Honestly right now I'm wishing there was some nerve damage LOL, I can feel EVERYTHING - managed to drive home afterwards was just on local anesthetic. As soon as I got back home though - oh wow the pain started!

I have been Prescribed Ponstan - which has simply been complete crap TBH, getting better pain relief from 2400mg of advil per daily + 3 paracetamol and thats just about keeping the pain at the bearable threshold.

On the + side, I'm living in S/E Asia and the cost was ..... 120 Euro including the Panoramic X-Ray :P

A few years back I had 9 composite fillings (4 major 4 minor) done over the course of 2 days (8 hours total) which ran me a total of around 100 euro.

All in all - I look like I just swallowed a grapefruit, feel like I just ate a wasps nest - and paid for the privilege. Hope it feels better soon.

8677826114_d70f75f7b2.jpg

Pic added of the offending bugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭maco12

i was charged 100 euro in co Cavan for just an x ray!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 marrkarnell

I also had my wisdom tooth extracted by my dentist. it took a while and 4 injections after he finally got it! He was breathless after! i guess my tooth was that strong! HAHA.

Week and a half on and 2 sets of stitches have dissolved meaning I dont wake up in the middle of the night with searing pain having clamped my teeth into them. Still have stitches in my lower gumline though.

And I can finally nibble slightly on squishy food, however any pressure on the rear teeth yet is really a no-no, and I cant brush anywhere near the area yet (mouth wont open enough) but at least off the painkillers.

Ugh... Mouth feels like a sewer mind you, some serious cleaning (and possibly whitening) is gonna be needed after this is all over.

God I'm dying for some real food, Pizza, Steak, Burger, Potatoes

• Registered Users Posts: 32 stevetalk

Im getting my impacted wisdom teeth out on monday and just to clarify, I will be unconscious when they are removed wont I?

Im getting my impacted wisdom teeth out on monday and just to clarify, I will be unconscious when they are removed wont I?

I wasn't :-S ... I'm pretty sure you'd have to request General Anesthetic.

stevetalk wrote: »

No one here could possibly know the answer to that one Steve. Maybe pm me who and where it is being done and I can give you an idea, possibly... Or ring the guy who is doing it....

• Advertisement

Me again had anesthetic so it wasnt too bad. Got sick twice afterward but thats just my reaction to it. Problem now is I cant sleep, its 5am and including last night ive had about 4 hours sleep. They gave me solpadeines which ive already had and tramadol which im afraid to take as I dont want to vomit and risk infection. Can anyone help?

Diclofenac Sodium (Difene) Was literally the only thing that would work for me to ease the pain enough to get some shuteye (they prescribed Mefanemic Acid originally which just didn't do anything whatsoever) I was put on a course antibiotics as well.

I was taking them for the first week solid before the pain started to ease off enough that I could function properly without any. Thankfully its available over the counter cheap as chips here, not too sure about Ireland.

Honestly though I'd try to talk with the Sugeon today (even over the phone) and see if they can prescribe or suggest anything to ease the pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Said I'd contribute my story to this thread. I think I've been both incredibly lucky and unlucky.

I had both my top wisdom teeth taken out under local anesthetic years ago. One was when I was 19 and the other at 21. That whole procedure was fine and I still have one of the teeth upstairs!

I got my lower two taken out on Monday. I had a general anesthetic and when I woke up I immediately noticed my throat was really sore. They said that was normal and it would get better once I drank something. I had a little sleep and they woke me up to eat and drink. I felt fine but suddenly got really hot and woozy. This happened on and off for the next couple of hours until eventually they gave me an injection to stop it. Was just getting ready to leave when I suddenly got sick but felt much better afterwards.

I got sick again later that night and since then I've gotten sick at least once everyday, usually at lunch. I assume it's from taking painkillers in the morning on an empty stomach. I made sure to eat first this morning but I'm still quite queasy now. In addition, I noticed I have white spots on my tongue and throat which I assume is oral thrush so I'm going to the chemist later to see if I can something over the counter for it.

Today is day 4 and I can eat most foods, as long as it's cut up quite small and I chew with the front of my mouth. My throat is still sore but I think that's from the thrush or whatever it is. It's fine as long as I sip on water constantly. I've had absolutely no pain from the teeth. My tongue is still very swollen so I can't really see the teeth sockets so I'm not sure how they're looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭football girl

I'm 19 and I'm due to get my 4 wisdom teeth out under GA next week. Before now, I hadn't really thought too much about it. I just assumed it's something everyone went through. However, I got a bit of a shock reading through the thread.:( My Mom seems to think that there is no need to get them out as I've had no problem at all with them, but I assume that getting them removed now would be a preventative measure! I had braces for a few years so would hate for the wisdom teeth to mess it all up! Do ye think that I should just get it done..? Thanks :)

I'm 19 and I'm due to get my 4 wisdom teeth out under GA next week. Before now, I hadn't really thought too much about it. I just assumed it's something everyone went through. However, I got a bit of a shock reading through the thread.:( My Mom seems to think that there is no need to get them out as I've had no problem at all with them, but I assume that getting them removed now would be a preventative measure! I had braces for a few years so would hate for the wisdom teeth to mess it all up! Do ye think that I should just get it done..? Thanks :)

My wisdom teeth were horizontal so I had to get mine out but if the dentist says you gotta take em out I would do it. People have told me that wisdom teeth coming in naturally is really painful for a while, wisdom teeth surgery is fine after 1-2 weeks depending on infection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Susie564

Getting mine out on the 19th September - yee hawwww! Can't wait to get the damn things out :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭BiffoGooner

Just had two wisdom teeth (1 upper, 1 lower) out this morning under IV sedation. Both were coming up horizontally and causing a lot of discomfort and repeated infections so they just had to go.

Can honestly say the needle in the arm for the IV was the worst part of the whole thing and it was barely even a discomfort.

After that I was talking away to the doctor and nurse for a few minutes until a I started feeling slightly drunk. That's the last thing I remember until I looked around and asked if they'd started yet, to which the nurse replied they were all done!

Spent 20 minutes in the chair recovering from the sedative as the legs take a while to get sturdy again and I was off home after that with the missus driving.

I was very jittery about the procedure before hand, but I can honestly say there's nothing to be concerned about for anyone who might be a bit worried. If anything it was a pleasant and interesting experience. Especially so when the doctor and nurse were so undersanding and nice.

On another note, I have no idea why GA would ever be needed for these procedures when the iv sedation works so well. GA can be risky, is way more expensive and theres a much longer recovery time. I paid 40 extra for iv sedation today and never knew a thing about any part of the procedure. Other than being advised to seek GA by a dentist, I think people would be mad to go specifically looking for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Righthammer

Had two wisdom teeth removed this morning under iv sedation..One impacted and partly erupted and one non impacted.Had been getting a good few gum infections and pain from them so it was time to go !!

Was dreading it but found the iv sedation great ..no discomfort and just remember waking up with everthing done and very little pain..If I had known it was this easy I would have done it a few years ago and saved myself a few months of agony with the infections....

I have a little swelling and the pain at the moment is bearable ..thats without any painkillers so heres hoping that stays the same.

Got it done in a clinic in Maynooth and found the surgeon excellent and would definitly recommend.Def no need for the risk of GA ..Iv sedation is the job.

Anybody that is putting this off or dreading it like I was should just go for it as the pain from the wisdom teeth and related infections is twenty times worse than the pain involved in getting them out ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭I_smell_fear

Hi all,

The subject of wisdom teeth and extraction was largely unknown to me up until two days ago, I've been writhing in discomfort since then (it somewhat subsides in the evening, then returning to slight pain/discomfort overnight). I recently turned 23 and haven't been to a dentist in about 3 years, assuming/hoping my teeth were pretty healthy. I very vaguely recall feeling some mild discomfort in some wisdom teeth before, but certainly not to this extent.

My upper wisdom teeth seem well-developed (they're level in height but not quite aligned with other molars, as far as I know/can tell) and haven't given me any problem that I recall. My lower-left wisdom tooth is about half up and quite "in line". The problem is with my lower-right, it seems similar to the lower-left (in height and alignment) but the gum is currently a bit enflamed/sore-ish (maybe just the "breaking in process"?), also cheek is a bit swollen.

The crux of my problem is that I finished college in May and am currently on the dole, but stupidly I haven't applied for a medical card. So financially I'm pretty cautious about what to do right now. Could anyone advise me on potential consultation prices or what I should do?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I hadn't been to the dentist in at least 10 years ( my bad I know ) but I had to go on Friday because for the last few months I had been battling wicked pain from one of my wisdom teeth in the lower jaw. I had had problems with it for about ten years but nothing major. Over the last week I just couldn't put up with the discomfort so I made the dreaded call and had an appointment the next day. I was lucky insofar that after taking a couple of X rays my dentist reckoned he could get it out there and then, which he did do after some local anaesthetic.
    The major reason I had put off going was that I was very worried about the price. I understand that I got off easy because I did not need surgical removal, which can cost quite a bit more but I was very happy with the price, considering I got the check up free from the PRSI.

I'd advise anyone else not to suffer on and just make that phone call. It's not the most pleasant experience in the world but the feeling of relief when you walk out the door after having it done is fantastic. Try your best to ignore the fear, and its in no way painful. I can only speak for local anaesthetic but all you feel is a lot of pressure. The noises aren't very nice though but we can live with that I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭markomuscle

I have a wisdom tooth i'm supposed to be getting removed, I have an appointment in 2 hours, I don't know if this is just a check up or if he plans to remove it today, I don' think it has fully grown and doesn't cause any pain if that makes a difference. I had one removed 2 years and it was just a massive fight to not start laughing due to the gas + air, not something I am looking forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Hi all, I'm having both bottom wisdom teeth out later this week and while I'm absolutely terrified,reading through this thread and hearing its not so bad has made me a lot less anxious. Just a quick question though, anyone have any recommendations on what to eat other than soup and ice cream?!! Want to do stock up on necessities beforehand. Thanks :)

Just a quick question though, anyone have any recommendations on what to eat other than soup and ice cream?!!

Koka Noodles and Pasta was pretty much what I lived on for 2 weeks.

was.deevey wrote: »
    Koka Noodles and Pasta was pretty much what I lived on for 2 weeks.

2 weeks! 😳 I was thinking I would be fine after a couple of days. Thanks

I get the feeling that mine was a lil more painful than others due to the bone that needed to be re-shaped.

Opening my mouth wide enough to eat things like meat simply wasn't possible until the second stitch came out ... (the last came out at about 4 weeks which enabled me to eat proper "man food" again (I lost about 8lbs)

I still get weird pangs almost 3 months on though (mostly when sucking on a straw).

Ouch that sounds nasty. I'm hoping to get off a bit more lightly than that! Hoping it will be very straight forward and easy, but stocked up on koka noodles and yogurt just in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 W_J_Happen

Hi folks,

Just wanted to post a reassuring story for anyone about to undergo extraction: got all four of my wisdom teeth out this morning under general anaesthetic and I'm still in total shock at how fine I am!

I'm waiting for the pain to kick in but still nothing, bar a little stiffness in my jaw. There is a very dull ache where the teeth were just reminding me that it happened but otherwise perfect.

I expected to be a wreck but not in the slightest. Went to pick up the prescription after the op & was grand enough to do a bit of grocery shopping and pick up some DVDs.

I assume the painkillers from the actual op are still working - I got prescribed a load of painkillers but haven't felt the need to take anything yet. I was out of surgery at about 1130am and its now 930pm. I plan to take something before bed just in case.

I waited a while to eat - they gave me ice cream in the hospital but despite my (remaining) sweet tooth it was disgustingly sickly sweet so just couldn't touch it.
    As regards food choices post -op: I'm a bit anal about eating a healthy diet in normal life so have fully embraced the opportunity to be bold by eating copious amounts of marshmallows! I've also had some yoghurt and even a mini Milky Way (which would normally be a big no no!)
    Maybe I'm just on a sugar high but hey it's working and I recommend it!

Main thing is no pain yet - it may kick in yet but I was really scared about the extractions ever since it was first mentioned in the dentists so I'm sure others are the same. I wish I had known then what I know now as it would have saved me a hell of a lot of worry!

Just wanted to share - good luck to anyone going in for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭CobraClan

I had my bottom right wisdom tooth out on Wednesday and it was the less painless extraction I ever had, he had to break the tooth into 3 bit to get it out. Tooth crack in my mouth about 4 months ago and it kept flaring up so decided to have it out, best decision I have ever made in my life. Tooth pain can be an absolute nightmare. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭littlemiss123

Could anyone advise roughly how long the HSE waiting list is for wisdom teeth extraction? I've been put on the waiting list and I will need to get them done under a general anaesthetic. I'd imagine it will be long enough but don't know will it be months or years?

• Advertisement

Could anyone advise roughly how long the HSE waiting list is for wisdom teeth extraction? I've been put on the waiting list and I will need to get them done under a general anaesthetic. I'd imagine it will be long enough but don't know will it be months or years?

Usually years, exactly how long depends on where you are being seen....
    Btw, no one needs a GA to get their tooth out.....

Good luck,
    Os

Advertisement