Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Detailing chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

crasy dash wrote: »
    Quick question what snowfoam are ye using at the moment just ran out of 50cal snowfoam so looking for opinions

Cheers lads

Bilt Hamber
    or
    Valet Pro

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭doh1988

crasy dash wrote: »
    Quick question what snowfoam are ye using at the moment just ran out of 50cal snowfoam so looking for opinions

Cheers lads

Last one i bought was Angelwax fast foam and thought it was brilliant value ( had been previously using Gtechniq foam )

https://amzn.to/2ZnEZGW

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

I have a couple of small paint chips on the bonnet

Would a detailer be able in general to sort this out ?

Finally , if so, any recommend any detailers Dublin 11 / north Dublin area?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

I have a couple of small paint chips on the bonnet

Would a detailer be able in general to sort this out

Thanks

Chips cannot be corrected by detailing. You need to sort that out yourself with colour matched paint. Strongly recommend Dr Colourchip kits.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

What would be a good cleaning solution/upholstery cleaner to use for machine application?

It's a Numatic George GVE370.

Are any of the products that Autopia have any good or would something else be recommended?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I use Valet Pro classic carpet cleaner with my George, it's cheap enough even in 5L

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Also want to know/get advice on cleaning and maintenance of black leather seats?

Do i use a cleaner and then follow with protection, do i just need to use cleaner or is a different method best suited.

I know the type of leather is also a factor but i dont know what kind of leather it is but the car is a 2014 Volkswagen Passat.

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Also want to know/get advice on cleaning and maintenance of black leather seats?

Do i use a cleaner and then follow with protection, do i just need to use cleaner or is a different method best suited.

I know the type of leather is also a factor but i dont know what kind of leather it is but the car is a 2014 Volkswagen Passat.

Just get a bottle of dedicated leather cleaner, Something like Dr. Leather.
    No need for any protectant.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Got a 192 3008 and i've never had a motor with plastic wheel arch trims/cover. It picks up quite a bit of dirt and doesnt comes off as easily as it would with paint. It needs quite a bit of elbow grease and im worried i'll do some damage with the wrong utensil.

What is a good scrubbing brush that would help here, and is there another (tougher) product i could use or combine with shampoo to help the process.

ta

Slattsy wrote: »
    Got a 192 3008 and i've never had a motor with plastic wheel arch trims/cover. It picks up quite a bit of dirt and doesnt comes off as easily as it would with paint. It needs quite a bit of elbow grease and im worried i'll do some damage with the wrong utensil.

What is a good scrubbing brush that would help here, and is there another (tougher) product i could use or combine with shampoo to help the process.

ta

From personal experience,
    Assuming no tar is on them yet.
    I would clean and prepare it properly,
    ie.
    1) Wash the car,
    2) wash all black trim with a solution of APC and warm water and dry them off.
    3)
    To ensure all plastics are clean and free from oils etc that may be on it from the dealer application. For this I used Carpro Erasor.
    Do this twice to be certain.
    Then apply a coat of Carpro Dlux. (There are other products like this "Gtechnic etc" but I have no experience with them.)
    You will be happy with the results as this product does NOT attract dust/dirt like normal dressings, and as such will be simple to clean while also adding protection to them.
    Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

Guys I’m looking for some new products but all the online stores i used to use like cleancar.ie and detailingshed are no more... where do you guys buy the likes of clay bars, car shampoo and tyre shine etc? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Bus Boy

I've been getting my stuff off Blok51 @weekazier. They are up north but free delivery over £50. HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Autopia,Reflect Auto Care or D&D depending the products or brands I'm buying

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Has anyone used a Aldi Workzone to Karcher lance adapter?

I bought the karcher lance thinking all pressure nozzels were the same.

weekaizer wrote: »
    Guys I’m looking for some new products but all the online stores i used to use like cleancar.ie and detailingshed are no more... where do you guys buy the likes of clay bars, car shampoo and tyre shine etc? Thanks

Using Autopia myself at the moment

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Used Bilt Hamber Double Speed-Wax over the weekend, after a wash, clay and polish. It was tough work, likely my own fault for applying it too thick. But it took tremendous effort to buff it off. It ended up a full workout getting the whole car done. But my god I don't think I've ever seen a wax work as well as this. I've used a few carnauba waxes is the past, but this one is a whole other level. I should have grabbed some pictures, but it really adds that gloss and pop that can be difficult to get on silver.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

What's the Lexus like to work on compared to the E46? Coming from a coupe to a 4 door I noticed the extra 2 doors were a drag :D

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

Hi Experts - I have just got a new (used) car over from the UK. Its a black estate and looks quite shiny with a nice enough beading in the rain. Now I live in a small town in West Cork and my daily commute is a round trip of around 120 kms. I go through back roads and my only traffic jams are cows crossing over from one pasture to another. Now I have to go over these roads paved with fresh cow poop and after the drive home yesterday - my car is more of a dark brown rather than a nice shiny black on the lower half. Looking for suggestions on how to clean stuff like this off the car on a weekend. I think that a regular 2 bucket wash will not get it done. Shall I buy a snow foam lance (I have a Nilfisk Pressure washer)? I am also thinking of getting Dr Leather for the interior (my first car with leather), a Kent MF drying towel, Kent MF noodle wash mitt, Turtlewax Hybrid Sealant (for after the wash). Do I also need a pre wash Iron remover? Any help is appreciated as I am new to all this
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

For the cow dung - don't wait until the weekend to get this off. It can be very tough to remove once it's dried in and using a pressure washer on its own won't get rid of it, it will have to be shampooed off using a separate mitt. It will also be along the bottom of the sill, you won't see it until it's too late and you're done washing.

For the cow dung - don't wait until the weekend to get this off. It can be very tough to remove once it's dried in and using a pressure washer on its own won't get rid of it, it will have to be shampooed off using a separate mitt. It will also be along the bottom of the sill, you won't see it until it's too late and you're done washing.

at the moment I have a generic Autoglym Shampoo - do you think that's ok - or I need to get e better one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Debub wrote: »
    at the moment I have a generic Autoglym Shampoo - do you think that's ok - or I need to get e better one?

Bilt hamber

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Not sure which one you are using buy the AG shampoos are all very good IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭deisedav

Used Bilt Hamber Double Speed-Wax over the weekend, after a wash, clay and polish. It was tough work, likely my own fault for applying it too thick. But it took tremendous effort to buff it off. It ended up a full workout getting the whole car done. But my god I don't think I've ever seen a wax work as well as this. I've used a few carnauba waxes is the past, but this one is a whole other level. I should have grabbed some pictures, but it really adds that gloss and pop that can be difficult to get on silver.

Yeah its great on silver for sure. I think it was mertz or vectra who told me to keep the applicator pad damp when applying fusso so i said id try it for the double speed and it really helped spread it out easier and not put it on too thick. Working one panel at a time is critical with this wax too as when you finish the panel you can start buffing it off after a few minutes . A short pile microfiber (the one that comes with the wax is decent ) works well and then go back over with a thicker pile for the final buff. Durable wax too this one and unbelievably good value

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Anyone using the Karcher Pressure Washer Foam Spray Nozzle, and getting decent snow from it. Even on full snow(using the dial on top), I get more of a watery foam, like a get from the local Tesco power hose stuff. I normally use 1:6 ratio(snowfoam solution to water), but thinking I might up that to 1:1.

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    Anyone using the Karcher Pressure Washer Foam Spray Nozzle, and getting decent snow from it. Even on full snow(using the dial on top), I get more of a watery foam, like a get from the local Tesco power hose stuff. I normally use 1:6 ratio(snowfoam solution to water), but thinking I might up that to 1:1.

What foam are you using?

Lord Nikon wrote: »

They're nothing like the real thing....

I think I got mine on AliExpress if I recall.

Was around€20-26 in cost.

The proper ones will give the real coverage.

They're nothing like the real thing....

I think I got mine on AliExpress if I recall.

Was around€20-26 in cost.

The proper ones will give the real coverage.

I am about to buy this one from (with the Bilt Hamber Autofoam) - is this ok ?(I have a Nilfisk pressure washer so wanted something compatible)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DS5UCY8/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_4?smid=A35PSKSDQZXW4D&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Hi all,
    New to detailing, do give the car a proper wash, two buckets, all that good stuff but now looking to try out a snow foam and clay.
    Where's the best place to buy them in Dublin?
    Online or in store and any recommendation?
    cheers

I am about to buy this one from (with the Bilt Hamber Autofoam) - is this ok ?(I have a Nilfisk pressure washer so wanted something compatible)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DS5UCY8/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_4?smid=A35PSKSDQZXW4D&psc=1

Looks like it alright.
    Brass fittings and it's the guage that gives the best foam which is inside.

Make sure after each use run just water through it to clear it as it will last longer.

• Advertisement

Hi all,
    New to detailing, do give the car a proper wash, two buckets, all that good stuff but now looking to try out a snow foam and clay.
    Where's the best place to buy them in Dublin?
    Online or in store and any recommendation?
    cheers

Look back previous page as others have posted a few places.

I use to use detailing shed and many others did too but unfortunately it is gone.

Curran was a gent to deal with.

Advertisement