Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which protein powder brand & flavour makes you want to vomit least?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

What's the consensus on the Bulk Powders Complete All-in-One?

https://www.bulkpowders.ie/complete-all-in-one.html

Per 100g

Energy kJ/Kcal...............1689/403

Fat...................................3.8g
    of which saturates.........2.5g

Carbohydrates...............34.1g
    of which sugars.............4.3g

Fibre................................Nil

Protein............................58.3g

Salt..................................0.5g

Glutamine Peptides........12.5g
    Creatine Monohydrate....8.3g
    Leucine............................8.3g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

What's the consensus on the Bulk Powders Complete All-in-One?

https://www.bulkpowders.ie/complete-all-in-one.html

Per 100g

Energy kJ/Kcal...............1689/403

Fat...................................3.8g
    of which saturates.........2.5g

Carbohydrates...............34.1g
    of which sugars.............4.3g

Fibre................................Nil

Protein............................58.3g

Salt..................................0.5g

Glutamine Peptides........12.5g
    Creatine Monohydrate....8.3g
    Leucine............................8.3g

It's just a supplement with a smaller protein content than a protein shake, some carbs, creatine, glutamine and leucine. The last two will add little (that's not to say leucine does nothing but here it will add little).

It's the same price as whey protein but servings are twice the size. Be better off buying protein and creatine imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

the way you mix it might affect what you think about it. I had some at home I was using in cooking, tried it with milk but used a food mixer and just added in some vanilla drops and whisked it up, very tasty and a nice texture, it fluffed up a bit. if you are just shaking it in a bottle its going to be a bit lumpy maybe?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

yeah i found what made me go from hating the soy to it just being bland was mixing it well. I do that with a spoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

yeah i found what made me go from hating the soy to it just being bland was mixing it well. I do that with a spoon.

On a slight tangent, I changed to soya milk in my porridge a few years ago. Took to it ok. Then one morning I had ran out so used full fat dairy.

I found it so sickly sweet and strange tasting I could barely eat it. In fact it was horrible. Soya milk all the way now in my porridge.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

On a slight tangent, I changed to soya milk in my porridge a few years ago. Took to it ok. Then one morning I had ran out so used full fat dairy.

I found it so sickly sweet and strange tasting I could barely eat it. In fact it was horrible. Soya milk all the way now in my porridge.

When I first switched to soya I was so used to dairy milk that I didn't really like it. After a week or two I loved it. I guess we just like what we are used to in a lot of cases. I tried dairy milk after a few months and it felt horrible to me, thick and "phlegmy". Love most of the unsweetened alternatives now. Oat milk is great. For drinking oats while you eat your oats. Great for cappuccinos etc too.

Same kinda thing when I stopped eating all dairy, how would I ever give up cheese? After a while I didn't give a crap about it, at all. Tastebuds adapt very well, I eat so many wholefoods now that even fruit seems soooo sweet and I crave healthy foods like beans haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

Hands down, Optimum Nutrition.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 abc2304

mccard wrote: »
    Hands down, Optimum Nutrition.

Ye, the ON Gold Standard protein is definitely one of the nicer ones, but it's also more expensive than most :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

MyProtein Salted Caramel is the best I've had. It's not a strong taste, goes well in a blender with most things, especially banana & peanut butter.

Been trying overnight oats lately so will look to mix it in with that next and see how it turns out.

I've been going with

x2 scoops Oats
    x4 Milk
    x1 Greek Yogurt
    Some vanilla extract
    spoon of honey
    blueberries
    walnuts, pecan & milled flaxseed (add in the morning)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

I have been having:

60g of MyProtein Impact Whey Protein Unflavoured
    50g of Aldi organic oats
    5g cacao powder
    Tsp milled chia
    Tsp milled flaxseed

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭joe199

With the price of my protein and SciTech whey these days i just buy optimum nutrition whey now, it's only 10er dearer on the large bag compared to others and hands down the best. You get what you pay for in the protein game.

Advertisement