Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Nice video, I do remember seeing Week 2 before with that Nidalee Bonus clip, felt sorry for WW, poor guy must have felt horrible being ground down from 100% to 0% while chasing a Nidalee with 4% across the entire map :p

I do wonder how the guy gets to watch matches, as in the replay feature he's using (Camera panning, slow, fast forward etc). Would be nice to have.
    Yeah, I can't stand Nidalee. Flash and heal != balanced. She's so useless as well end game. Just really annoying in lane.

He's using LoL Replay as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hour queue to get in :|

It has begun...

Server is back up with my IP boost saying it lasts for 15 days and 13 hours. There was a queue to login but this should only occur after things like patches and server restarts.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

feck this west east thing. all my friends are in east now and i am west...

i am no racists, but i dont whana play with russians ...

i can speak russian and understand what they say... usually its really not nice people to play with.

oh yeah, trasfers not added yet...

• Advertisement

No queue? At 2100? WIN!

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Ok so, being a HoN player this is tough for me, but two of my mates are playing SO I said I would give it a go again ! , I played two games ages ago only joking with my mate and loling about how bad LoL was but .....

Upon reinstalling it and trying again with my serious pants on, on my second game I got 28/0/6 with Anviva, and we had a leaver, only my fourth game so I reaslise I am still in the lowest possible skill bracket ! But it was quite fun, I will stick to HoN for the moment for serious gaming but I will play this now and then with my mates as I can see how it is a better "casual moba" with not so much pressure !

23vb7rp.jpg

GO_Bear wrote: »
    Ok so, being a HoN player this is tough for me, but two of my mates are playing SO I said I would give it a go again ! , I played two games ages ago only joking with my mate and loling about how bad LoL was but .....

Upon reinstalling it and trying again with my serious pants on, on my second game I got 28/0/6 with Anviva, and we had a leaver, only my fourth game so I reaslise I am still in the lowest possible skill bracket ! But it was quite fun, I will stick to HoN for the moment for serious gaming but I will play this now and then with my mates as I can see how it is a better "casual moba" with not so much pressure !
    2/10

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

The respective "HoN: Irish players?" thread died out months ago unfortunately, wonder why...

Thing that noobs often do with morde is completely ignore his armour passive. Before any attack you should nab a few mins to build it up, then keep on hitting them to keep it charged, that way you're very difficult to kill, otherwise, boom boom boom, dead.

(Anti morde, use traps etc to stop him dead for 4/5 secs, then pounce for an easy kill)

• Advertisement

Meanwhile, back on the non-Trolling ranch, took a random notion to try Mordekaiser - Not got any AP Runes but have some semi-tankish so I figured, why the hell not... Two mediocre games of me learning, one very poor game with me doing as bad as 2-10, then now a match with 14/4/14.

Mordekaiser is common as muck so I've seen him many times just never thought of playing him - Turns out he's definately a champ I'd happily add to my collection.

Even a terribad like me got a few triple kills in a 4v4.5 (We had a leaver from level 5 and they had a multi-DC Ryze) but I guess it's once off.

I really need to consider AP champs, I just never really knew that Morde pretty much was one, just see him throwing crap about and swinging a big mace, I figured he wasn't a full on AP champ but I suppose the fact his 'damage' and 'spells' are both average, makes for a decent balanced option.

Time to use the IP Boost and save up for him ;)

damn, I think I will have to learn to hate you now ;)

I hate morde. If you got someone who has atleast half brain then morde I'd just op. If he os not even fed, just in normal underfed state, then he can you be idiotically hard to kill. Forget about 1v1 against him. He is tank with insane dps output. He cam easily lane 2v1 too.

Damn I really hope my Internet will be sorted today :(. I want to play more twisted fate! Had 2 games with him and he looks really fun!

Seifer wrote: »
    2/10

I was not trolling and if you had cared to finish reading my post you would see that I enjoyed it

I was not trolling and if you had cared to finish reading my post you would see that I enjoyed it

You are, what we call in our community "sneakyus trollyus" and a perfect example of HoN community. Even if you did not do it on purpose.

damn, I think I will have to learn to hate you now ;)

I hate morde. If you got someone who has atleast half brain then morde I'd just op. If he os not even fed, just in normal underfed state, then he can you be idiotically hard to kill. Forget about 1v1 against him. He is tank with insane dps output. He cam easily lane 2v1 too.

Damn I really hope my Internet will be sorted today :(. I want to play more twisted fate! Had 2 games with him and he looks really fun!

Morde used to be one of most hated heros to lane against (incredibly fun to play though) and now I hate him a little less.
    The key to laning against Morde is to never stand in your minions as then when he AoE's them for shield he'll hit you too. Only try to harrass him if his shield is down or nearly down or else you're just wasting health/mana. Following from that the key to fighting against Morde is to never, ever fight him near minions. He will simply gain too much shield. That and get your jungler to come gank him 24/7 as he is usually pushed very far up due to the nature of his abilities and he has no escapes once he burns his summoners.

You are, what we call in our community "sneakyus trollyus" and a perfect example of HoN community. Even if you did not do it on purpose.

And here I came to try to play LoL thinking that no community could be as bad as hon's ....

In my last post which I agree was terribly written I will sum it up in three points
    • Tried LoL a while ago, did not like it due to being so different to DoTA
    • Tried it last night and had fun going on a killing spree with Anviva
    • I think I will continue playing both HoN and LoL as both have there fun elements

8967756.jpg

And here I came to try to play LoL thinking that no community could be as bad as hon's ....

In my last post which I agree was terribly written I will sum it up in three points
    • Tried LoL a while ago, did not like it due to being so different to DoTA
    • Tried it last night and had fun going on a killing spree with Anviva
    • I think I will continue playing both HoN and LoL as both have there fun elements

8967756.jpg

You see? You can, when you want to. ;)

You see? You can, when you want to. ;)

My Hands just moved themselves on that one I swear !

But in reality, how long does it take to save up for a new Hero ? and when can I start playing stats/ranked games ?

I want to buy blitzcrank as his kind of counterpart in dota/hon is my favorite char for pub games !

My Hands just moved themselves on that one I swear !

But in reality, how long does it take to save up for a new Hero ? and when can I start playing stats/ranked games ?

I want to buy blitzcrank as his kind of counterpart in dota/hon is my favorite char for pub games !

You can play ranked when you hit level 30 and own at least 14 champs (including the 10 free week champs).

Blitz is 6300 ip (the highest price point) but due to the server split you should have an ip boost on your account meaning you'll accrue double ip for the next two weeks. So a week of a few games a night and making sure you get your first win of the day bonus and I'd say you'll have enough.

Ok I am playing on the North American servers at the moment are they also getting a boost ?

Ok I am playing on the North American servers at the moment are they also getting a boost ?
    Nope, so you can double that estimate ;)

• Advertisement

The respective "HoN: Irish players?" thread died out months ago unfortunately, wonder why...

What do you mean by that snide little comment ?

What do you mean by that snide little comment ?

Just that not many people on this forum seem to be into it, thats all really.

People can really take things outta context, for example people thinking you were trying to troll the crap out of us when you were just giving us an experience.

Its not a snide comment its just a statement of fact, i did say "Unfortunately" given that these style of game should be made more popular.

I will say this about HoN though,and this is my own experience for the innocent souls that havent been through the same on this forum. I find it extremely difficult if not entirely impossible to get into without some DOTA experience, there are no bot matches and even in games marked "casual" or "no stats" you will immediately be raged apon if you do any of the following.

- Fail to answer any question posted in hero selection with the correct answer immediately.
    - Select the wrong hero for the group composition.
    - Select the non-optimal starting items for that hero.
    - Fail to deny creeps / farm or harass optimally during the laning phase.

Fail in any of these respects and your teammates will either leave immediately or you will be ejected from the match by a vote kick.

This is pretty much my experience with the game.

http://i.imgur.com/btZ2o.png

Just that not many people on this forum seem to be into it, thats all really.

And I completely agree with you that the HoN community is 95% createns and trolls, It is a very hard game to start as in no way can a tutorial prepare you for a game with such depth, I myself have raged a bit when people lost us the game for stupid mistakes they should not be making in that skill bracket ( not much tho :p )

However I do feel it is more competitive and intense, and I am NOT saying that LoL is not!

Now I don't care how you butter your bread, but I like the mechanics of HoN better to name a few;
    • Creep Denies
    • Pure supports and babysitting
    • Gold loss on death ( the most important, double incentive for ganking and ganging in the laning phase and early game )
    • A map that is not symmetrical
    • The idea that the game can be won or lost on the char select screen, I think the character you pick SHOULD be very important

Thats just my preference, judging by the player base size most people don't feel the same way. I think that we can all agree that to a person new to the MOBA genre, LoL is by far a more attractive game to mention just a few reasons;
    • Its free
    • Its casual with less repercussions for ****ing up
    • Hero rotations allow you to only have to learn and deal ( for the most part) 10 heros at a time when you are starting off
    • Bots for learning
    • a larg(er) advertising campaign

To a person who played DoTA, and who knows the mechanics of MOBA's, the player base splits those who wanted to try something new and a bit different opted for LoL, while those who wanted DoTA 2.0 went to HoN. However with the onset of DoTA 2's development with Icefrog and Valve, LoL which already has a playerbase that dwarfs HoN's, is in a very strong position.

League has the advantage of not trying to be a DoTA clone when DoTA 2 comes out, while HoN does, which has resulted in them beginning to shake things up, and the thought on everyones mind is that DoTA 2 will crush HoN when it is released ( I personally am withholding judgment, while Valve are probably my favorite "Big Corporate Developers", big companies have a habit of ruining media with cult followings, although they have stated that it will basically be DoTA with better graphics which is a cause to celebrate ) .

TL;DR

HoNs community is awful
    I love HoN
    I am starting to like LOL
    The two games are different breeds of the same species and hard to compare
    Fingers crossed Valve don't mess up DoTA 2

EDIT I am aware of LoL's blooming competitive scene, and think it has as much depth as HoN, I just currently prefer HoN for competitive and can definitely see how LoL is better for the casual player

And I completely agree with you that the HoN community is 95% createns and trolls, It is a very hard game to start as in no way can a tutorial prepare you for a game with such depth, I myself have raged a bit when people lost us the game for stupid mistakes they should not be making in that skill bracket ( not much tho :p )

However I do feel it is more competitive and intense, and I am NOT saying that LoL is not!

Now I don't care how you butter your bread, but I like the mechanics of HoN better to name a few;
    • Creep Denies
    • Pure supports and babysitting
    • Gold loss on death ( the most important, double incentive for ganking and ganging in the laning phase and early game )
    • A map that is not symmetrical
    • The idea that the game can be won or lost on the char select screen, I think the character you pick SHOULD be very important

Thats just my preference, judging by the player base size most people don't feel the same way. I think that we can all agree that to a person new to the MOBA genre, LoL is by far a more attractive game to mention just a few reasons;
    • Its free
    • Its casual with less repercussions for ****ing up
    • Hero rotations allow you to only have to learn and deal ( for the most part) 10 heros at a time when you are starting off
    • Bots for learning
    • a larg(er) advertising campaign

To a person who played DoTA, and who knows the mechanics of MOBA's, the player base splits those who wanted to try something new and a bit different opted for LoL, while those who wanted DoTA 2.0 went to HoN. However with the onset of DoTA 2's development with Icefrog and Valve, LoL which already has a playerbase that dwarfs HoN's, is in a very strong position.

League has the advantage of not trying to be a DoTA clone when DoTA 2 comes out, while HoN does, which has resulted in them beginning to shake things up, and the thought on everyones mind is that DoTA 2 will crush HoN when it is released ( I personally am withholding judgment, while Valve are probably my favorite "Big Corporate Developers", big companies have a habit of ruining media with cult followings, although they have stated that it will basically be DoTA with better graphics which is a cause to celebrate ) .

TL;DR

HoNs community is awful
    I love HoN
    I am starting to like LOL
    The two games are different breeds of the same species and hard to compare
    Fingers crossed Valve don't mess up DoTA 2

EDIT I am aware of LoL's blooming competitive scene, and think it has as much depth as HoN, I just currently prefer HoN for competitive and can definitely see how LoL is better for the casual player

So I guess that means, that you are not mad at us for thinking that you are a "dick" ;).

Enjoy your stay man. We got boards.ie team speak now too. So hopefully it will see more action now.

I will jump in as soon as my Internet sorted.

OMG rope, an AP champ at last!

Heh, yeah - As said in a previous post, I never even really knew Morde was considered full on AP - I assumed a hybrid at best but now that I tried him he'll definately be my first AP champ.

3100 IP I think, pretty darn cheap.

lol, i got problem with AD :o

trying out Twisted fate and fate is not on my side lol.

morde hits like a **** truck. i allways stick the **** out of his reach.

had a game with fed nasus.... holy ****... he was raping us 5vs1...

Ez is female? WTF

Heh, yeah - As said in a previous post, I never even really knew Morde was considered full on AP - I assumed a hybrid at best but now that I tried him he'll definately be my first AP champ.

3100 IP I think, pretty darn cheap.

He is a hybrid. I mean you could build him full AP but it's not the optimal build.

Well I got twisted fate. He is really pro.

You need to be very very careful with him thought.

Glass cannon at it's best.

• Advertisement

Lvl 19 and almost 10K IP, almost time to go rune shoppin :)

Advertisement