Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

carzony wrote: »
    Was the 2007 - 2008 Fiestas not seen as a decent yoke? I think they had a bit of poke too?

Great for side streets and narrow ones but fast no.... Especially with 2 or 3 onboard.
    They were the 1.25 version where as the zetec s would have been the job.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Great for side streets and narrow ones but fast no.... Especially with 2 or 3 onboard.
    They were the 1.25 version where as the zetec s would have been the job.....

The 1.25 is a great engine. Nippy and just enough poke.

Unfortunately, the Garda ones were the ancient 1.3 pushrod that wouldn't pull you out of bed.

The 1.25 is a great engine. Nippy and just enough poke.

Unfortunately, the Garda ones were the ancient 1.3 pushrod that wouldn't pull you out of bed.

Not all of them.... They had some 1.3 Yaris too....

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Aaron1416

I see Naas Traffic got a top spec i40, black with black tints and alloys, very discreet with the tinted windows, it’s been very active on m7 last few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Borgo

Aaron1416 wrote: »
    I see Naas Traffic got a top spec i40, black with black tints and alloys, very discreet with the tinted windows, it’s been very active on m7 last few weeks

Yeah seen that, nice looking unit. It was pictured on the garda Twitter page about 4 days ago.

• Advertisement

On the pickup, it's spaced out as the last 3 digits are obviously 999 as the couldn't get it without it been 4999 on the reg.....

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭irishgti

On the pickup, it's spaced out as the last 3 digits are obviously 999 as the couldn't get it without it been 4999 on the reg.....

What exactly is it does anybody know?

irishgti wrote: »

Guessing here it is fire chief or likes of mountain rescue but siding more with fire, defibrillator in rear.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mpc

irishgti wrote: »

Community Rapid Response?

West Cork are fitting out what looks to be an Isuzu at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

Aaron1416 wrote: »

Yeah, it's been on the N7 lots lately. I think they also have a nice white mondeo as well, I've seen it a bit lately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Good episode of Traffic Cops that went up on YouTube tonight.

https://youtu.be/pLqgVWxn77k

Police 330d maxed out at over 150 mph chasing an A3/S3 and still unable to catch it.

Out of curiosity what would an i40 max out at will all the gear in the back ? 190 kmh if lucky ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

Good episode of Traffic Cops that went up on YouTube tonight.

https://youtu.be/pLqgVWxn77k

Police 330d maxed out at over 150 mph chasing an A3/S3 and still unable to catch it.

Out of curiosity what would an i40 max out at will all the gear in the back ? 190 kmh if lucky ?

185 Kmh, at least ours is, takes a decade to get there though

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭irishgti

I seen that last night it was just a normal A3.
    At one stage both cars were at 155mph and nobody was gaining

Little unmarked i20 doing bits today in Ballyfermot. Many of them around? Ive only seen this one twice.

Borgo wrote: »
    Little unmarked i20 doing bits today in Ballyfermot. Many of them around? Ive only seen this one twice.

Oh noooooo please tell me your messing?

Haven't seen any i20 but sure they're high powered speed machines so they'll do...

Not messing ha i seen it once attending an old ambulance on fire at cherry orchard hospital and just there had a few lads pulled in on horses. Both times i seen it there was just one detective in it.

Not messing ha i seen it once attending an old ambulance on fire at cherry orchard hospital and just there had a few lads pulled in on horses. Both times i seen it there was just one detective in it.

Probably all it could fit! I haven’t seen any around myself or heard of any

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

It's a gold i30 hatch 172. Seen it earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

It's a clean little car with a very discreet light setup, very unusual choice.

• Advertisement

The one I seen was light grey/ silver.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

Black one in North Cork too

Glad to see these on the roads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

185 Kmh, at least ours is, takes a decade to get there though
    Is that programme on Chanel 5 ? Tk u

POGAN wrote: »
    Glad to see these on the roads
    Great photo! Nice to see them out instead of gathering dust sitting in down in the college. Wonder how many traffic members would have cbd3 for it

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭EIDW

Seen the AGS BMW 530 last night lovely machine

Focus st lovely machine but why for the lights in the grill and that where they stand out a mile....

The UK are using led fittings now the size of a euro coin and are much harder to see or a slight tint on the block....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Focus st lovely machine but why for the lights in the grill and that where they stand out a mile....

The UK are using led fittings now the size of a euro coin and are much harder to see or a slight tint on the block....

I always thought that Ireland was behind the UK in terms of stealth lighting.

The Irish attitude of 'sure it will do' comes to mind.

Looks nice though.

I believe it’s due to wiring, they use grill rail as a track for the wires and LEDs themselves.

The UK garages rip those type of rails out and make there own for wiring and splitters etc...it’s easier and makes it look better.

The Irish way, is cheaper to use what is already built into the car rather than buy the necessities to fit wires and LEDs.

Brings back a memory of when the Avensis saloon was dropped to our station. Marked up but with the ANPR camera attached to the boot lid with mesh and adhesive glue.

Everything the depot has is done on the cheap basically. Anything decent is either seized or there is a public outcry for the need(ASU cars)

• Advertisement

It's Operation Fiachla is that focus

Advertisement