Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭DUB1

joker77 wrote:
    no probs, the one I'm looking for myself at the moment is 2 Bad Mice - Bombscare

I have a 10" of it, a mate as a 12", neither has the mix of it I want, unfortunately I don't know the name of the mix!

i hav da dbl 12 inch pack so im sure da mix u want is on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

nice one, honestly don't know which one it's called, lets just say the kind of one Tony De Vit would have played? The "it's 1am let's go f*cking mental" mix??? ;)

joker77 wrote:
    nice one, honestly don't know which one it's called, lets just say the kind of one Tony De Vit would have played? The "it's 1am let's go f*cking mental" mix??? ;)
    il fick through it l8r & c if its on it & then get it 2 ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

joker77 wrote:
    no probs, the one I'm looking for myself at the moment is 2 Bad Mice - Bombscare

I have a 10" of it, a mate as a 12", neither has the mix of it I want, unfortunately I don't know the name of the mix!

tall paul mix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

DUB1 wrote:
    heres 1 4 ya stephen dont know if u hav it

ED CASE LAST NITE OF THE ASYLUM

side a
    http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=23FUCJNF1ONTL2WY0XHSBCXPBM

side b
    http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2YQGJNF80KYYT01SK94XCPLN2S

any chance of sticking this up again?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Karyia - Let me love you for tonight
    Future sound of London - Papua ne Guinea
    Lionrock - Packet of Peace (and Carnival)
    Ryhtm is Rythm - strings of life
    Direkt - two fatt guitars(Antidiva's.Get.Down.Mix)
    One Dove - White Love(Tall Paul psychic_masturbation_mix)

http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=D8DD5B9351ABD6E3

:)

heres a mix i done not so along ago

ASYLUM CLASSICS PT.1
    http://s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3NAG7GV0HNKAR0EE45U4BK6Q02
    IL HAV PT.2 UP SOON

heres pt.2 'harder & faster' cccccuuuummm on

asylum classics pt.2
    http://download.yousendit.com/AE6796E652AAB7F1

Theres a track that kicks in at about 46 mins into the second side of your mix can't remember the name of it but I'm getting goose pimples all over listening to it. can you let me know what it's called. Nice mix btw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Sandy2004

Nearly crying here, reading the names of the 'ol tunes... The Asylum.... from the first (with the banana boys MC'ing on the floor to break beat - to the last - playing uplifting tunes with the last song............. How you feeling - its a beautiful morning!!!...) Dem was the good 'ol days. At least now (thanks to the listings from you guys) - I can get some of the songs on mp3.

stephen_n wrote:
    Theres a track that kicks in at about 46 mins into the second side of your mix can't remember the name of it but I'm getting goose pimples all over listening to it. can you let me know what it's called. Nice mix btw

yea dat track is dj hooligan-the culture-no respent rec.
    heres da discogshttp://www.discogs.com/release/33032
    any chance u cud u/l ed case & thyme @ sides & asylum nye pls when u get da time thx :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

<edit>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭smokes

club friction returns to slatterys this and every saturday its not exactly the asylum but your gauranteed to hear asylum classics being played by the asylums best djs,guest djs for the coming months include dilly ed case liam dollard warren k and more to be announced weekly residents are thyme and denis horgan......

il b there tis sat i missed last wk done a party instead i enjoyed dat mix u put up
    look 4ward 2 all da guests ur getting all ways had a gr8 there smokes:D

see you there mate;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Sandy2004

Only ever been to slatterys after an all nighter... on a sunday (daytime). Are they doing a sat night now too?

God - Ive just been reading back through the pages and it has brought it all back --- then again for the Asylum regulars it will never be far from our memories, the people, the tunes, the rushes, the black walls, the fishing nets at the DJ box, wooden bench on grnd floor to left with ultraviolet drawings at the back, cloakroom in hall, stairs, first floor with benches & pillars, 2nd floor, 3rd floor etc. etc. etc..... the red eyes, pale skin and sweaty, dirty clothes at 7am!!

The Asylum was heaven to me and many alike..

*******YOU DREAM OF HEAVEN, AND FORGET WHERE YOU ARE... AND HAVE FUN.....********
    Dreams of Heaven, Ground Level - xlnt classic tune from Asylum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Was recording some more vinyl, and came across this one, brought back some memories so I thought I'd share:

Way Out West - Montana

joker77 wrote:
    Was recording some more vinyl, and came across this one, brought back some memories so I thought I'd share:

Way Out West - Montana

hav tis me self an exelent tune

if anyone would like to bring along a mix cd with them tonight to club friction @ slatterys capel st. as there will be warm up slots avaliable in the coming weeks.........

yea il bring 1 a nice house mix perfect 4 a warm up its classics though :D

• Advertisement

DUB1 wrote:
    yea dat track is dj hooligan-the culture-no respent rec.
    heres da discogshttp://www.discogs.com/release/33032
    any chance u cud u/l ed case & thyme @ sides & asylum nye pls when u get da time thx :D

http://s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1350PNZ1R11JI3JYMG6STU5DG9

Dub 1 I think this is d 1 u are asking about but I thought I already U/L it
    Was Slattery's any good was thinking of heading in this weekend.

yea it was alrite a bit empty though but tis sat there playing classics all nite shud b gud & on da 3rd june ed case is playing,yea u u/l dat 1 i alredy had dat 1
    hav u not got 1 from new years eve 94 if not cud u u/l ed case & thyne @ sides 2 im ripping warren k nov 94 exelent mix shud b up around 6 cause i hav 2 go out soon

slatterys on saturday night should be hopping,

club friction @ slatterys sat 13th may
    a trip down memory lane for all you asylum,sides & ormond lovers
    spinning on the night
    dj thyme(asylum,sides)
    senan shortt(energize)
    al byrne(fun fm)
    denis horgan(resident)

doors 11 till late adm 10 euro ladies free before 12

DUB1 wrote:
    yea it was alrite a bit empty though but tis sat there playing classics all nite shud b gud & on da 3rd june ed case is playing,yea u u/l dat 1 i alredy had dat 1
    hav u not got 1 from new years eve 94 if not cud u u/l ed case & thyne @ sides 2 im ripping warren k nov 94 exelent mix shud b up around 6 cause i hav 2 go out soon

don't have ed case & thyme @ sides 2 just the one I loaded which I think is 1.

stephen_n wrote:
    don't have ed case & thyme @ sides 2 just the one I loaded which I think is 1.
    thx 4 tis stephen yea if u cud up dat warren nye dat wud b gr8 i hav a few warren asylum my self il get :D

stephen_n wrote:

stephen tis ed case asylum last nite i hav tis its defo not sides m8

http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=20A3951C7885A97E

Thats strange about the Edcase @ sides one I'm pretty sure thats what it was labeled on the tape. But here is the Warren k one

• Advertisement

DUB1 do you have this track on MP3 as it isn't showing up on any of the p2p sites.

Thx 4 Da Warren K Mix Stehpen Im U/l The Culture 4 U Now M8 :d

stephen_n wrote:
    http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=20A3951C7885A97E

Thats strange about the Edcase @ sides one I'm pretty sure thats what it was labeled on the tape. But here is the Warren k one

the asylum was closed new years eve 1994

Thats what the tape is called but it was new years eve 93 into 94 my bad sorry.

yea nye 93/94 as in 94 bing da new year stephen uim u/l warren asylum mix now
    b upin bout 40 mins i pm u the culture,wat tunes r on yer dilly tape? cause i hav
    1 from da asylum my self & a dilly 1 wit just a half hour ? yea gave it 2 me m8 & got it back lik dat & i hav another dilly mix from 93 not asylum but gr8 mix all da same

here philly & stephen dont know it u hav tis 1 warren k @ asylum

pt.1
    http://download.yousendit.com/B77A7089014E101A

pt.2
    http://download.yousendit.com/3CF5630B2B576B13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭harryballs

alright people, im lookin for the names of the tunes before and after the dons drop the gun on the last night of the ormond tape. i dont know if im in the right section but readin through the rest of the threads u people seem to know what you are talkin about
    cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dizzyd

the one after is mark ryder micropolis..savage tune hav it on vinyl:) cant remember wat was b4 it.il hav a listen over the weekend and let u know.i have just about all the tunes from both tapes.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

harryballs wrote:
    alright people, im lookin for the names of the tunes before and after the dons drop the gun on the last night of the ormond tape. i dont know if im in the right section but readin through the rest of the threads u people seem to know what you are talkin about
    cheers

Actually now you mention it does anybody here have it to share?? I liked that tape from Ken O'flanagan and Orbit some really good tunes. DUB1 help us out fella:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Cableguy

Yea same as Dun laoire I be thankfull if they were shared.

Dun laoire wrote:
    Actually now you mention it does anybody here have it to share?? I liked that tape from Ken O'flanagan and Orbit some really good tunes. DUB1 help us out fella:D
    my copys ****ed lads but 2bh im not in2 da tape i was there on da nite as well
    da only gud thing bout dat tape is da 3 tunes by pressure,sum 1 posted tis in a thread chq back da pages but if no1 sorts u out il get it off sum1 4 ya

cheers dizzy lad

dub have u got the names of them tunes pressure played, i wasnt old enough for them asylum and ormond days but love all the tunes from that era. they dont make em like they used to.

that one before drop the gun has "to fly to be high" in it if thats any help dizzy
    cant find that mark ryder micropolis on p2p, laoda bollox that is

DUB1 wrote:
    da only gud thing bout dat tape is da 3 tunes by pressure,sum 1 posted tis in a thread chq back da pages but if no1 sorts u out il get it off sum1 4 ya

Cheers DUB1. Top man

harryballs wrote:
    dub have u got the names of them tunes pressure played, i wasnt old enough for them asylum and ormond days but love all the tunes from that era. they dont make em like they used to.

that one before drop the gun has "to fly to be high" in it if thats any help dizzy
    cant find that mark ryder micropolis on p2p, laoda bollox that is

does it go like this, "who's going to move it twice, i'm going to breakdown before its too late, i know i can fly" or something like that

• Advertisement

DUB1 wrote:

what about the mark kavanagh one are ya not into that DUB1!!!!!!!!!!!

Found it:D

Last night in the ormond. Pressure, Flanagan, Orbit
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/9gitgi

Edit: Must give credit to slunk for uploading for our pleasure. Thanks mate

senan its more like "youve....got...to be high yeah, to be high"
    thats all the words thats in the tune

senan s wrote:
    what about the mark kavanagh one are ya not into that DUB1!!!!!!!!!!!

well yea mark kavanaghs gud h is he on da 1st,can hardly rember da nite,i know it was packed & i got in 4 nothing :D but it was a sad end 4 such a gr8 venue they shud of had a better line up considering how many exelent djs played thereffs pat o'keffe ruined it & addvertising it wit sum gr8 djs who
    who were ment 2 play but never acually got booked senan hav u got da 1st 1 if so any chance u cud u/l here or ni thx

coming soon:the return of the asylum

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement