Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

hey senan m8 have ya ever heard of Kenny Green he's A DJ from bray thaught ya mite know him nah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

turks wrote:
    story man,classic tune> Q sound good night(solid silver records) casper always played that one!

Nice one man deadly tune brings back some memories that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 c.o.e2005

turks wrote:
    scooter vallee de larmes!!!!!!!!
    nice one turks;)

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

jonny68 wrote:
    Senan or anyone can you ID me a tune on that Warren k Side a mix it starts around 34.40 into the mix?From what i can remember whoever made used to do a PA @ the ormond multi media centre and are from Manchester anyone remember?

N-Joi!!!!

turks wrote:
    scooter vallee de larmes!!!!!!!!

the gimp song

• Advertisement

tdv wrote:
    hey senan m8 have ya ever heard of Kenny Green he's A DJ from bray thaught ya mite know him nah?

i know him alright i used to live in the same estate as him, he say's he doesn't know ya

senan s wrote:
    N-Joi!!!!
    Nah nearly 100% sure it was Q-Sound,any regulars on here who used to go the multi media centre remember them?amazing wonder what ever happened to them?

do ya have any tapes of kenny?

senan s wrote:
    i know him alright i used to live in the same estate as him, he say's he doesn't know ya
    he would'nt know me alrite, i know Barry Cowan pretty well he'd be m8's with him, there was another good dj bray i rember i seen about 2 or 3 yr's cant rember excatly wat his name was sumthin like boco or bosco ya dont know him do ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭oldstock

yitzhak wrote:
    oldstock wrote:
    see can you get that mars needs women track and we could do business..

I spoke to my buddy that has that track. He said he wont part with it for anything. Maybe i have something your after. Did you ever get that Bug kahn and the Plastic Jam track?

There's another one i'm after. It's Genetic - transmision on Dragonfly. Classic trance from around '93. Do you know the one? :)
    im not sure what you mean about the bud kahn track? i dont have that dragonfly track but ill look into it for you.

• Advertisement

tdv wrote:
    he would'nt know me alrite, i know Barry Cowan pretty well he'd be m8's with him, there was another good dj bray i rember i seen about 2 or 3 yr's cant rember excatly wat his name was sumthin like boco or bosco ya dont know him do ya?

I KNOW THEM ALL, HUNG AROUND WITH BARRY'S OLDER BROTHER, WENT TO SCHOOL WITH BOSCO

do ya have any tapes of kenny or bosco ya cud u/l i used to have a couple of tapes of kenny gave them away tho wudnt mind having a few in mp3 if ya ave them & wats the name of the place ya run in bray?

tdv wrote:
    do ya have any tapes of kenny or bosco ya cud u/l i used to have a couple of tapes of kenny gave them away tho wudnt mind having a few in mp3 if ya ave them & wats the name of the place ya run in bray?

i don't, Energize is the place in Bray, Liquid nightclub, at the back of katie gallaghers

thnx for the info ive never heard of a place called energize round there b4 is it open regulary?

for those who are educated in music and would like to experience "for what you dream of" DBD promotions invites you all to CLUB FRICTION at slatterys capel street for a night of OLD SKOOL CLASSICS from the asylum,sides & ormond mmc djs on the night include dj thyme dj dub dj senan shortt. ;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭turks

whennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

c.o.e2005 wrote:
    for those who are educated in music and would like to experience "for what you dream of" DBD promotions invites you all to CLUB FRICTION at slatterys capel street for a night of OLD SKOOL CLASSICS from the asylum,sides & ormond mmc djs on the night include dj thyme dj dub dj senan shortt. ;););)

turks wrote:
    whennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    first date is 10th march,spread the word;)

sound can't wait for this:D :D:D:D

The dates have been changed for the nights at club Friction at Slatterys of Capel st. We launch Sat 4th of March, our opening night provides you all with the best in dance music from the past, present and future with DJ's Thyme, DJ Dub and DJ Keith Maguire on the night. ADM: €5

The following week Sat 11th March is a trip down memory lane for all of you that have been askin for it, DJ's on the night include DJ Thyme(asylum,sides), DJ Dub(resident) and Senan Shortt(Energize) playing classics from the Asylum, Sides and The Ormond MMC. ADM: €10 or €8 WC.

The following week Sat 18th March will be resident DJ's Thyme, DJ Dub and guest DJ Kevin Clarke (Pa'S) come along for the most unique dance experience. ADM: €5

Come to dance or get the fook out!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭cynos

All the links to the DJ Pressure, Mick Walsh, Edcase are expired
    I can free host these on my website if someone wants to pass them onto me
    I've been searching for them for ages
    My mates going to get me out a few he has and were gonna put them all up on my site over the weekend

• Advertisement

jdempsey wrote:
    I don't have Pressue House 6 or the special one, but do have these tapes and partial track listings...

Asylum - Dj Pressure
    Asylum - Dj Thyme
    Asylum - Live (pressure) 21st May 94
    Asylum - Live 94
    Asylum - Warren K
    Asylum - Warren K mix 1
    Carl Cox - Waterford 94
    Casper - Illusion
    Dj Dag - Final Frontier
    Dj Dilly
    Dj Fergie - 93 to 94
    Dj Pressure - Deeper
    Dj Pressure - House 2
    Dj Pressure - house 3
    Dj Pressure - House 4
    Dj Pressure - House 5
    Dj Pressure - House 7
    Dj Pressure - Journeys in Dance
    Dj Pressure - Wanted
    Dj Pressure - Wonderland
    Dj Pressure -V
    Ed Case - The Magic Roundabout (Live)
    Ed Case 1
    Ed Case 2
    Ed Case 3
    Mick Walsh - Gravity (Sides)
    Psyclone zone 4 (Fri 15th July '94)
    Sasha - In the mix (May '95)
    Sasha - Son of god
    Sci Vs Brolly

Oh I'd love a copy of these especially the Edcase live at the magic roundabout and the pressure live ones
    If anyone has them on MP3 can they contact me or even tape and i'll convert them and host them for everyone to get hold of

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

c.o.e2005 wrote:
    The dates have been changed for the nights at club Friction at Slatterys of Capel st. We launch Sat 4th of March, our opening night provides you all with the best in dance music from the past, present and future with DJ's Thyme, DJ Dub and DJ Keith Maguire on the night. ADM: €5

The following week Sat 11th March is a trip down memory lane for all of you that have been askin for it, DJ's on the night include DJ Thyme(asylum,sides), DJ Dub(resident) and Senan Shortt(Energize) playing classics from the Asylum, Sides and The Ormond MMC. ADM: €10 or €8 WC.

The following week Sat 18th March will be resident DJ's Thyme, DJ Dub and guest DJ Kevin Clarke (Pa'S) come along for the most unique dance experience. ADM: €5

Come to dance or get the fook out!!!!

Sounds good to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Hey Senan-I thought I was on www.nioldskool.co.uk for a minute!!!!

c.o.e2005 wrote:

Sounds good to me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pileonavile

damn right it sounds good.cant wait 2 hear some proper classics.

cynos wrote:
    All the links to the DJ Pressure, Mick Walsh, Edcase are expired
    I can free host these on my website if someone wants to pass them onto me
    I've been searching for them for ages
    My mates going to get me out a few he has and were gonna put them all up on my site over the weekend

wats the name of ur site?

BE WARNED Site very rough and basic at the moment but will be constantly updated till perfect
    http://www.electronicice.ie/music.html
    If any one has any mixes they want added to this page
    PM me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 yitzhak

oldstock wrote:
    yitzhak wrote:
    im not sure what you mean about the bud kahn track? i dont have that dragonfly track but ill look into it for you.

Would this be Aeo, by any chance? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 David K

Kev. wrote:
    Hey Senan-I thought I was on www.nioldskool.co.uk for a minute!!!!

u Cavan hussy :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dj raveon

yitzhak wrote:
    oldstock wrote:

Would this be Aeo, by any chance? :eek:
    that seems to be eating away at you paul

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement