Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

There is An ASYLUM REUNION happening very soon, watch out for more details soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Philly.p

keenc wrote:
    Sorry about the last link it was the smiley at the end of it anyway part 2 as promised http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=35ORLJOR5HF5X3R4KF6AD7Y8K5
    :)
    any chance of getai any ed cace or warren k of ya.I have lots of sides and asylum cds and tapes

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

Philly.p wrote:
    any chance of getai any ed cace or warren k of ya.I have lots of sides and asylum cds and tapes

i'll upload stuff for ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Philly.p

thanks mate. i have loads of tapes of sides and jay carry if u want them,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

dizzyd wrote:
    any chance of posting d names of a few good tracks from the asylum era?
    Gotta have house music, Alchemy by Soreno, Bit's n Pieces By Aritmesia, Carnival by Lionrock, Dirty son of a gun By JX, Vicious circles by poltergeist, Gloria by art of trance, Dreams by Quench, For what u dream of by Bedrock,
    Find me and right in the night by jam and spoon, Te amo by sultana, Hell's party by glam, Higher by marcella detroit, Kay merry go round by tales from the crib, Lion by DOP, Lost in love by legend B, Orgasmico by Ramirez, Everything starts with an e, Positive education by slam, Perfect day by visions of shiva, Ready to flow by Nikolai, Waterfall by atlantic ocean, Rock da house by tall pall, United states of america by Mr roy, trope anphetamine, The creator, O.D. on the groove, Hari Kari, Cosmonautica, I want you all night, Apalonia, Playing with the voices, Jacobs Ladder, Fever called love.

There's a few tracks to get u started. I have some on MP3 but alot of them I only have on vinyl despite plenty of searching. At some stage I intend to convert all the vinyl to MP3 but for the moment you can try searching P2P.
    I have 28 Asylum and Sides tapes converted to MP3 sound quality isn't the best because the tapes are 15 years old but the tunes are ****ing deadly.
    If anyone can tell me away of making them available for download I'd be more than happy to do it.

I'd have to say as a regular in both sides and the asylum that this thread is deadly brings back loads of old memorys. Liked the link to mr springs site with shots from the olympic were it all began. Dublin will never be the same again mores the pity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

jus go to http://www.yousendit.com/ browse for what ever u want to u/l
    (dont mind the part dat asks u for an email address no need for that) hit the "send it" button wait for it to u/l & when its finished u/ling it will give u a link copy the link then past here & ur done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭DUB1

Yea Just Do As Tdv Said M8 Hav A Few Asylum Mixes Me Self,spent Best
    Da Best Days Of Me Life In Dat Shop

Here is one of the MP3 files but the restare to big to attach I'll have to look at making them a bit smaller.

http://s64.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1MP1RLG2JXB3C25NKB9IRYV7LZ

cheers m8 nice 1 for this

thx m8 il u/l some asylum stuff 2morro hav a few mixes ed case,dilly,thyme,warren k

• Advertisement

nice 1 4 da u/l hav it already m8 da only house pressure mix im missing is house pressure 5 if u hav it id really appreciate an u/l thx

Don't have house pressure 5 but here is a list of the stuff I have.
    I'm uploading more files at the moment but have to cut them first to make the file size small enough

House Pressure 1
    House Pressure 2
    House Pressure 3
    House Pressure 4
    House Pressure 7
    Technobod 1 (DJ Pressure)
    Technobod 2 (DJ Pressure)
    Pressure 1 (DJ Pressure)
    Open Your Mind (DJ Pressure)
    Gravity Hooked on classics (Mick Walsh)
    Mick Walsh & Thyme Live @ Sides 1
    Mick Walsh & Thyme Live @ Sides 2
    Edcase & Thyme Live@sides 2
    Dilly 2 (DJ Dilly)
    Asylum Live New Years Eve 94
    Beach Koma (DJ Pressure)
    Asylum Live May 94 (DJ Ed Case)
    Incandessance (DJ Pressure)
    Journeys in Dance (DJ Pressure)
    Keep Your Eyes Open Mick Walsh
    Live at Lakota (Jon the Dentist)
    Reformation (DJ Pressure)
    Warren K 08-94 (Warren K)
    Gradiation (DJ Pressure)
    Attack (DJ Pressure)
    Last Night @ The Ormond (DJ Orbit, Ken O'flanagan Dj Pressure)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 OxO-CuBe

Keep 'em coming. Do you have the live at the Asylum, the one with the MC in it. Shouting "DJ Pressure kicking it to ya", "Get bouncing, everybody get bouncing" were some of the quotes :D:D

This was by far my favourite Pressure tape and I have lost it to the ravages of time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Sweet! The Asylum Special is the main one I'd like to hear, another Pressure one. Can't remember the names of any of the tunes on it, but the last or 2nd last one had a sample from Aliens in it

Way out west - Ajar

Haven't hear this tune in years....

Fantastic

Don't know about the pressure one but I have edcase live on the last friday of the asylum with thyme MC'ing. This one sends shivers down my spine every time I'll listen to it pressure edcase and dilly all in the same night 2 white doves and one of the best nights of my life. I'll post it later when I have it cut.

Check out this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054915814

I will be seeding the Olympic video when I get home from work :D:D

• Advertisement

The one with the aliens sample at the end is called gradiation I'll need to cut it but will post it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Fair play, you really know you tunes! No rush with it - I've been waiting 10 years to hear the thing I think I can wait another few days!

OxO-CuBe wrote:
    Keep 'em coming. Do you have the live at the Asylum, the one with the MC in it. Shouting "DJ Pressure kicking it to ya", "Get bouncing, everybody get bouncing" were some of the quotes :D:D

This was by far my favourite Pressure tape and I have lost it to the ravages of time :(

i have pt.2 of it i'll put it up

Nice one TDV :D:D:D

Haven't heard that tape in years...

Nice one TDV, thats it. :D:D:D

You don't know were I would get the first part ???

God damb I'm getting shivers from this one...

Done many a good yoke to this tape :D :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Cheers tdv, am dying to hear the first part too

• Advertisement

stephen_n wrote:
    Don't have house pressure 5 but here is a list of the stuff I have.
    I'm uploading more files at the moment but have to cut them first to make the file size small enough

Mick Walsh & Thyme Live @ Sides 1
    Mick Walsh & Thyme Live @ Sides 2
    Edcase & Thyme Live@sides 2
    Dilly 2 (DJ Dilly)
    Asylum Live New Years Eve 94
    Incandessance (DJ Pressure)

Keep Your Eyes Open Mick WALSH

Gradiation (DJ Pressure
    there da only 1s i havnt got i hav both hooked on classics 1& 2 which 1 hav u
    & i can u/l da other 1,dat dilly 1 dose it hav panic & start wit cosminaltica on side a (i know i spelled dat wrong) if so i hav it,hav loads of mick walsh,ur ed case may 94 on side b has it got in ban bim,ultra sonic,land of creation,point of no return on it if so hav it,hav 2 warrenk asylum 93 & warren & his bird at da time asylum 93 hav 2 thyme asylum 1s hav pressure nuclear sign asylum 1& 2 dj rob aka pressure 60 mins asylum also hav another warren k asylum a hard trance,3 jay carey mixes,ed case live g1s 95, if want any
    (

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement