Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I like how Mitch Lafon took a shot at Alternative Nation :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,338 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I honestly don’t think Izzy is arsed. He doesn’t like touring and his last experience of axl, slash, and duff together was the UYI tour and that didn’t sound like a great last impression to have. Even when Izzy has played with axl after that it was before Axl found punctuality and decided to go onstage on time. Also, I’d take a truckload of salt with what alan Niven says. He said Izzy sound checked with the band during the last tour “in the Midwest” but decided against it. It’s a bit vague.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/222264-slash-to-record-in-axls-malibu-studio-on-saturday/

Well this is certainly something new and encouraging. BTW the facebook post has since been deleted.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/222264-slash-to-record-in-axls-malibu-studio-on-saturday/

Well this is certainly something new and encouraging. BTW the facebook post has since been deleted.

Oh to be a fly on the wall in that studio. Also somebody jumped the gun when they posted that :pac:

It was two years since GNR played at Slane during the week. It doesn't feel like two years.

It was two years since GNR played at Slane during the week. It doesn't feel like two years.

And there's a new album on the horizon if you've seen any of Slash's recent quotes, such as this below.
    When we finish the tour in the fall, then we will commence on working on wha will be the next Guns record...we've already started working on stuff.

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/slash-confirms-he-ll-start-working-on-the-new-guns-n-roses-album-this-september-139201?fbclid=IwAR2jrJdTvVgCk7_yKlVOx6x0RPBCfs2Z89ONKwzIexxOGIBU-3985UisS_8

There have been eight new tour dates announced this autumn in the US on what was the not in this lifetime tour but is becoming the not going to end in this lifetime tour. And if rumours are to be believed it may continue next year in the U.K.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Genuine accident, or botched suicide attempt?

God knows

• Advertisement

Right okay then.

It's legitimate. Leaked last night.

It's legitimate. Leaked last night.

That's the Chinese Democracy era band - aka Axl N'Roses

That's the Chinese Democracy era band - aka Axl N'Roses

And it could've been a damn good band, had other circumstances not caused Axl to spin his wheels at the end of the 90's, heading into the new millennium, but hindsight and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

I dunno ... The Axl Rose solo project always seemed too crowded production wise to deserve the band name of Guns n Roses . Even comparing that to the frenzied delivery of Garden of Eden just lacks the clarity presented on the Use your Illusion albums. Will admit I'll always be a Slash ,Duff and Izzy fanboy but they had a knack in presenting a tune regardless of whatever substances ran through their veins.

And it could've been a damn good band, had other circumstances not caused Axl to spin his wheels at the end of the 90's, heading into the new millennium, but hindsight and all that.

Nah. Axl has an ego the size of a planet. It was never going to work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,164 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I was at Slane (both times) and the 2nd attempt of a three arena/o2 gig, and the RDS gig, and the axle and friends gigs were snoozefests compared to slanes.

It's possible to be too good a musician, Slash and Duff play dirty rock and thats what makes the band great. Axl surrounded himself with best musicians in the world and couldnever sound as good as the current line up.

I really like the song 'Hard School' (aka 'Jackie Chan, aka Checkmate) that leaked last week. Would love to hear a version with Slash and Duff on it. I wonder if they'll shake up the setlist a bit on their US tour?

I really like the song 'Hard School' (aka 'Jackie Chan, aka Checkmate) that leaked last week. Would love to hear a version with Slash and Duff on it. I wonder if they'll shake up the setlist a bit on their US tour?

Here's hoping they do something fresh with that setlist hopefully drop a load of their filler covers as in Layla Black hole sun. Whitica line man and Johnny be goode
    If they wand to do covers bring out Down in the Farm and Ain't It Fun. I'd always tought they'd be ideal to do a cool take on Thin Lizzys Jailbreak well within Axls current range

• Advertisement

Here's hoping they do something fresh with that setlist hopefully drop a load of their filler covers as in Layla Black hole sun. Whitica line man and Johnny be goode
    If they wand to do covers bring out Down in the Farm and Ain't It Fun. I'd always tought they'd be ideal to do a cool take on Thin Lizzys Jailbreak well within Axls current range

Yeah, I could definitely do with less covers. Saw them at Donington last year and they really went to town. It was cool to see them do 'Slither' but 'Wichita Lineman' really sticks in my throat.

It's all he said this, he said that for now, but guess we'll find out late October, early November when Terminator Dark Fate is released. Or if they'll release before the film.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/are-guns-n-roses-working-on-a-track-for-terminator-dark-fate

Slash has said there is no GNR song in the new terminator film in an interview with Eddie trunk. He also said something is happening next March. Also said again there are working on an album.

Slash has said there is no GNR song in the new terminator film in an interview with Eddie trunk. He also said something is happening next March. Also said again there are working on an album.

If I were a betting man, I'd guess new album next March, followed by a mammoth world tour. But then again betting on this band is most unwise.

Hell if Tool's Fear Inoculum can land a #1, 13 years after 10,000 Days, could a new Guns album featuring Axl, Slash, Duff, do the same 29 years later?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,885 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Would love a documentary on the reunion and the NITL tour (which still hasn't ended ??)

Not overly pushed on new music but wont say no either

The latest leg of the band's Not In This Lifetime Tour, which was originally scheduled to begin a week this Wednesday, is now starting on Saturday in Hollywood.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/guns-n-roses-bring-the-start-of-their-us-tour-forward-by-revealing-weekend-show?fbclid=IwAR3N250W90-XsfjimNtVKhSz4dt-xhumBWn-viMciXArz17JRoOHsoFtLnA

• Advertisement

The latest leg of the band's Not In This Lifetime Tour, which was originally scheduled to begin a week this Wednesday, is now starting on Saturday in Hollywood.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/guns-n-roses-bring-the-start-of-their-us-tour-forward-by-revealing-weekend-show?fbclid=IwAR3N250W90-XsfjimNtVKhSz4dt-xhumBWn-viMciXArz17JRoOHsoFtLnA

Jesus there milking the **** out of this reunion and really gathering the $$ for the pension fund

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jesus there milking the **** out of this reunion and really gathering the $$ for the pension fund

Fattening the bank account to make the new album :pac::pac::pac:

I don't know how they've not been yanked from the GN'R sub reddit yet.

I don't know how they've not been yanked from the GN'R sub reddit yet.

It doesn't seem to be moderated at all. There's always 2 or 3 different threads for the same topics and trolls running riot. It's like the Sunset Strip in 1985: Anythings Goes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

The chinese stew version is top quality shows what the song sbould sound like. Stick slash on that version and its dynamite

Of all I'm liking the bumblefoot better acoustic version
    Lies 2.0

Some of those songs won't play?? I still think that Catcher is the best track on the album

Some of those songs won't play?? I still think that Catcher is the best track on the album

It's the 2nd best track on the album.....

It's the 2nd best track on the album.....

What's the best one?

What's the best one?

There Was A Time.

There Was A Time.

Oh yeah forgot that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

There Was A Time.

100%, unreal at slane too

100%, unreal at slane too

It was an unexpected surprise at Slane.

Apparently 2 more instrumental versions of songs have leaked online.

• Advertisement

Apparently 2 more instrumental versions of songs have leaked online.

Link to gnr subreddit mentioning download here

I'm just posting link to GNR Reddit. I don't have anything to do with uploading them or any of that craic.

They played their first gig of 2019 last night in Hollywood - a warm up show for the Autumn tour. There's a rumour they soundchecked with 'Hard School' but they didn't play it at the gig.

'Shadow of your Love' from the gig last night. Such a tune:

Eye on You

'Shadow of your Love' from the gig last night. Such a tune:

Eye on You

Sounds good and would really be a good song for a movie esp The new Terminator but that's not happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Always interested to hear new Guns N Roses leaks alright

Working link to the first Locomotive performance in 27 years from the band's OCtober 7th stop in Wichita, Kansas. Hopefully this link stays active on YouTube.... Good performance, just excuse the screaming woman during the video...

Sweet child of mine this week became the first music video from the 1980's to get over a billion views on YouTube. I mean that's an insane number for a band like guns n roses who in most people's eyes weren't a band for years between the nineties and 2016. I think November rain or one of the trilogy is above a billion views.

They played dead horse in Oaklahoma last night.
    Vids on u tube
    Axl nailed it On par with the 93 Argentine proformance
    Surprisingly Slash messed up on a few key parts which takes the gloss of it .

Did Axl play his acoustic guitar bit like he does on the Illusion I?

• Advertisement

Did Axl play his acoustic guitar bit like he does on the Illusion I?

No slash does the intro they left out the then she decided to wreck my car bit.

Advertisement