Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment July Intake (2019)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ammsher

Go on to Garda Facebook now current students giving live feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

Anyone hear of the dates that are for the July intake if that is the month for the next one?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bigred88

Letsdoit wrote: »
    Hello I am waiting sign off since Nov and I am from June 2017. I didnt get a spot for April and hopefully will for July but who knows. Is there a point in emailing HRM now or for the next few weeks? As in will you be told your file is signed off or is it a case where they will just say waiting sign off they just send the offer email the weeks before the July intake.
    I’m in the same boat . You’ll just get the same generic response from HR stating “your file is awaiting decision from senior management “

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Hot_Fuzz

Bigred88 wrote: »
    I’m in the same boat . You’ll just get the same generic response from HR stating “your file is awaiting decision from senior management “

Just gonna offer to hand deliver it to senior management at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

Hi All, have a quick one for ye, ye might be able to help me! I received a health form from HRM last week and have to send it back this week which I’ve already done! I’m wondering how long are you waiting to get you date for the physical test?
    I was waiting about 2 months, some people had to wait longer, some considerably less. Just be prepared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Stickynote10

I was waiting about 2 months, some people had to wait longer, some considerably less. Just be prepared.

Thanks very much! I checked with them today and they said waiting on dates to be approved for next PCT’s I really hope it’s not too long! Haven’t heard from my sergeant yet either :(

Thanks very much! I checked with them today and they said waiting on dates to be approved for next PCT’s I really hope it’s not too long! Haven’t heard from my sergeant yet either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

Just got email from HRM ; my pct for next Friday is cancelled due to the facility not been available. Hopefully they get me booked in again soon had arranged time off work for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Courtneycaseey

Hi everyone!
    Just wondering am I right in saying the first intake for July is supposed to be the 15th?
    Wanted to book a holiday from the 29th of June to the 5th of July just wanted to see if I’d be safe enough?? I know I’m not guaranteed a place or anything but just to be safe

Hi everyone!
    Just wondering am I right in saying the first intake for July is supposed to be the 15th?
    Wanted to book a holiday from the 29th of June to the 5th of July just wanted to see if I’d be safe enough?? I know I’m not guaranteed a place or anything but just to be safe

Have you completed all stages?

• Advertisement

Have you completed all stages?

Yeah I’m finished everything since February:)

Yeah I’m finished everything since February:)

Ooh Well Done I haven’t completed the PCT yet so I definitely won’t make the cut for July!

Ooh Well Done I haven’t completed the PCT yet so I definitely won’t make the cut for July!

It’s a long process really isn’t it .. are you 2018 too?

It’s a long process really isn’t it .. are you 2018 too?

Ya it’s so long! Ya 2018 but only did exam in Dublin in Jan and interview in February! Hope I get called for the fitness test soon - the waiting is awful. When did you complete your PCT and medical?

Ya it’s so long! Ya 2018 but only did exam in Dublin in Jan and interview in February! Hope I get called for the fitness test soon - the waiting is awful. When did you complete your PCT and medical?

ah okay, I did my fitness the end of January and my medical some time in feb! It’s the waiting and not being able to plan anything is the hassle of it :(

ah okay, I did my fitness the end of January and my medical some time in feb! It’s the waiting and not being able to plan anything is the hassle of it :(

Ooh you had the medical fairly soon after the fitness test? Do you know is your Garda vetting back yet? I know it’s so hard I wanted to go on holidays this summer but I’ve no idea as to when I could be called for fitness or medical so not going to bother at this stage I think

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

Hi everyone!

I was told by HRM the dates are July 1st and 8th for Induction weeks and then July 15th for the start date

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭philipnash19

Hey does anyone have the number to ring to find out about your vetting? I rang before and got them but tried the same number again and got an automated response this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Hot_Fuzz

Hey does anyone have the number to ring to find out about your vetting? I rang before and got them but tried the same number again and got an automated response this time.

If it rings out to an answering machine just try again later. Had the same thing but they were just busy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭philipnash19

Hot_Fuzz wrote: »
    If it rings out to an answering machine just try again later. Had the same thing but they were just busy :)

Cheers 😊

• Advertisement

Ooh you had the medical fairly soon after the fitness test? Do you know is your Garda vetting back yet? I know it’s so hard I wanted to go on holidays this summer but I’ve no idea as to when I could be called for fitness or medical so not going to bother at this stage I think

Yeah it was less than two weeks after!
    Yeah all I’m getting from them is awaiting sign off :(
    Ya it’s hard too know!

Hoopy1888 wrote: »
    I was told by HRM the dates are July 1st and 8th for Induction weeks and then July 15th for the start date

Ah Jesus ok didn’t know that! Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Planes 1997

How long does it normally take for HRM to reply to an email?? I understand they are under pressure so didn’t bother ringing

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bigred88

How long does it normally take for HRM to reply to an email?? I understand they are under pressure so didn’t bother ringing

They usually reply the same day

Yeah it was less than two weeks after!
    Yeah all I’m getting from them is awaiting sign off :(
    Ya it’s hard too know!

Ooh god if that’s the cause you should defo get July sure it’s 2months away yet! I wish I was as far as you I’m still waiting on my fitness test I hope to that soon and hope to be going by the end of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Clono

Bigred88 wrote: »
    I am “still awaiting a decision from senior management.”
    This vetting is a pain in the b***ox.
    I don’t know how it takes over 4 months to review a file and say yes or no .

Big red it can take alot longer then 4 months i'm going on three years waiting to be called now. I have had to get onto TD's to find out where my file is. and only last week have been told for the second time that its in the commissioners office for final decision.

Hi All,

Has anyone hear from HRM in relation to PCT exam? I sent back my medical form from GP nearly two weeks ago and I’ve heard nothing since and still haven’t gotten a call from sergeant

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Hi All,

Has anyone hear from HRM in relation to PCT exam? I sent back my medical form from GP nearly two weeks ago and I’ve heard nothing since and still haven’t gotten a call from sergeant

My daughter got her date on Friday for 24 may, she sent back her medical form about 4 weeks ago so you should hear soon

Henry2006 wrote: »
    My daughter got her date on Friday for 24 may, she sent back her medical form about 4 weeks ago so you should hear soon

Has your daughter had her interview with the sergeant? Yes hoping I’ll hear soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Has your daughter had her interview with the sergeant? Yes hoping I’ll hear soon
    Yes she did about 3 weeks ago but still hasn’t heard anything about the super, hopefully you both hear soon

Advertisement