Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Strong chance of a 2nd concert on the 18th. A friend of mine saw it mentioned on the Badlands website but it seems to be gone now.

Also, Bewleys, Ballsbridge are showing high (175eur)prices for nights of 17th, 18th & 19th July with it back to normal on 20th & 21st even though they are weekends. Also, extra concerts announced today in Bergen & Gothenburg!

I suppose it depends on how quickly the 17th sells, hard to see many from Europe coming over to Dublin for midweek concerts. This and the prices will probably mean that it wont sell as quickly as 2009.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

"Costs of transport have to be fully reflected in Irish shows. On a mainland they can spread over several shows." - this is often mentioned as a reason for higher costs in the ROI but afaik shows in Belfast will have similar prices to mainland UK shows, despite the fact the artist would have higher transport costs there

A lot of the stuff mentioned is much cheaper in Belfast than it is in ROI, that helps align it with mainland UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ecw76

I actually don't think it's going to sell out as quick as previous shows. I am a huge fan as are my brothers and a lot of friends. None of us are going to try for tickets tomorrow. Simply because of the cost and it being Tuesday. I also don't get why people are giving a hard time to those criticising the cost of tickets. We are all in a different place to where we were a few years ago. So much for Bruce being the working class hero and man of the people. Just another rip off merchant. The closest thing he knows about hard times is singing about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Ecw76 wrote: »
    I actually don't think it's going to sell out as quick as previous shows. I am a huge fan as are my brothers and a lot of friends. None of us are going to try for tickets tomorrow. Simply because of the cost and it being Tuesday. I also don't get why people are giving a hard time to those criticising the cost of tickets. We are all in a different place to where we were a few years ago. So much for Bruce being the working class hero and man of the people. Just another rip off merchant. The closest thing he knows about hard times is singing about them.
    I would also be a big fan for many years as well as one of my brothers and a few friends. I am not booking for RDS straight away but the others are all going. We hope to go as a group to Manchester and some of them are going to Berlin as well.

The reason I am not getting a ticket for RDS straight away is because of the date. The 17th July is right in the middle of July & is the time we go on holidays. We are not planning anything major next year but committing to the 17th July at the moment means the holidays have to be organised around that and with school/ college going children there are enough permutations to work around without adding another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

There'll be no problem picking up a ticket for face value the week before the gig(s) tbh.

Alot of people will get them for presents and will offload them, always the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Anyone have the presale code and willing to pm me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Daisy03

Is there a presale? There is nothing about it on ticketmaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Longford Lass

Any opinions on what time one should turn up to their local ticketmaster outlet for?? Was thinking of heading down for about 8am...opinions please!!
    Should I pop down a little earlier to try and beat the queue???

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BaltimoreJack

Any opinions on what time one should turn up to their local ticketmaster outlet for?? Was thinking of heading down for about 8am...opinions please!!
    Should I pop down a little earlier to try and beat the queue???

8am should be loads of time .....i'm sure they'll download as many tickets which are needed to satisfy the demand outside before they open their doors. like earlier posts, I can't see this gig (or the 18th????) selling out as quickly as before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Ecw76 wrote: »

I dont think Bruce has much of an influence on individual country's ticket pricing. He requests a set fee for each concert. This is standard for most shows but higher for festivals. The promoter factors this in and then decides on the price. RDS only holds 45,000 so the potential to maximise profit is reduced. Tickets for Lisbon will be 58 euro but there may be 90,000 people there. Even if Bruce played a second night at the RDS he would still command a certain fee. The only way these ticket prices could be cheaper is if he went into Croker or Slane or even the Aviva.

I still think its over the top by the way as I have no doubt Aiken are doing well out of it. Agree that will probably not be as high as anticipated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ecw76

I appreciate he charges a set fee and that size of the venue is a consideration. However as the pfo reply received from Aiken promotions points out all ticket costs are approved by the artist/management. Surely it must occur to them that the equivalent of 130 usd and 140 usd is way over the top in a country that's on it's knees. It's not as if he needs the huge fee. There was a time when Bruce would have been concerned about his average fans ability to get to see him. Outside of the east coast, it's easy to understand why his star doesn't shine so brightly in the us anymore. U only have to look at the number of greatest hits packages he has released in recent years. Putting this tour on sale without even an album release date stinks of a money grab. I once had a discussion with an acquaintance who works for Aiken and was blaming them and this country for the high costs. He said it's the artist that's to blame, that he will consider his popularity in a particular country and set his fee accordingly. If it was the case that the size of the venue dictated the cost, having regard to his set fee, then the logical conclusion is that it would cost 400 to 500 to see him in many of the indoor arenas in the us where the usual capacity is about 15000. The truth is the artist has control of the price (and Bruce has always kept tight control of his music/work). That's my rant over. As I say I am a huge fan, have seen him about 30 times and met him twice. The fact that I am not buying tickets for this show is an indication of how strongly I feel about this issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

dixiefly wrote: »
    [a midweek] concert ... and the prices will probably mean that it wont sell as quickly as 2009.

... which, in turn, didn't sell as well as 2008.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Tickets bought, wasnt hard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Got standing tickets :D:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Done:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭corm500

Just got 2 tickets. They may be the most expensive standing tickets I have ever bought .......but it is The Boss. And I have never seen him live :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

corm500 wrote: »
    Just got 2 tickets. They may be the most expensive standing tickets I have ever bought .......but it is The Boss. And I have never seen him live :)

managed to get three, it will be my first boss gig to, can't wait now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Bought 2 best available... Sitting, but sure, there ya go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Two in the bag. Be sure to enjoy it at this price! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Picked up a couple there myself, can't wait for this gig! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Got 3 standing tickets, that was easier than expected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,882 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

damn it stuck in line waiting. probly sold out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Two tickets bought. Nearly had a fit when I was asked for my SecureCode :eek:

PTH2009 wrote: »
    damn it stuck in line waiting. probly sold out

nah you'll be fine i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Waiting time 9 minutes:(

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭musicmania

Have mine :D Standing of course! Was waiting a couple of mins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭maninblack

Chances of more dates??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭mossie

musicmania wrote: »
    Have mine :D Standing of course! Was waiting a couple of mins!

Got mine took less than a minute from 9:)

nah i wont be i have standing tickets and there all gone id say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

wait time is now 15 minutes for a ticket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

sameas that loggedin bang on 9 and still in Q-wtf is that about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

3 for Hyde Park, easy enough done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭big_show

4 got, second date coming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

Got 4 for pitch. Very quick compared to previous years, though for about a minute, I thought Ticketmaster was going to hang on me. Blood Pressure returning to normal.

Hopefully, second night in the offing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

sameas that loggedin bang on 9 and still in Q-wtf is that about
    9 minutes in the queue. Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

3 for Hyde Park, easy enough done.

How? I want tickets for that gig... I thought they weren't on sale till Saturday?

no hope. it froze on me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

9 minutes in the queue. Why?

The amount of traffic on the site. In 2009, I was at 12 minutes and still got a ticket. Hang in there, mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Yes 4 Standing Tickets :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭mojesius

BOOM! :D

no hope. its back to 12 mins for me

It was like that for me in 2009, this time very quick but I must have been lucky and got in top of the queue:)

Hopefully a second show on the way. Think the second got added before 10 last time?

Dam closed down page as I was at 5 mins back to 15 mins now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭mojesius

mossie wrote: »
    It was like that for me in 2009, this time very quick but I must have been lucky and got in top of the queue:)

Hopefully a second show on the way. Think the second got added before 10 last time?

I was waiting since 9 online and just got them there. It's so bloody slow

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Second date now on sale.....

no hope. it froze on me

try again, stick with it, reckon you'll be fine for this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I was there bang on 9 and I got 2 seated tickets no q at all. Block F, so closest to the stage, not sure if thats a goos or a bad thing! Grandstand though so at least no support beams in the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

How? I want tickets for that gig... I thought they weren't on sale till Saturday?

http://www.livenation.co.uk/festival/hard-rock-calling-tickets

you have to sign upo for presale

kennyu272 wrote: »
    Second date now on sale.....

waiting time 15 minutes or more...

I see needaticket.ie aka the touts are selling their tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

Waiting time for second show 15 minutes, now 13 :), now 15 again ha...

• Advertisement
Advertisement