Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ecw76

I appreciate he charges a set fee and that size of the venue is a consideration. However as the pfo reply received from Aiken promotions points out all ticket costs are approved by the artist/management. Surely it must occur to them that the equivalent of 130 usd and 140 usd is way over the top in a country that's on it's knees. It's not as if he needs the huge fee. There was a time when Bruce would have been concerned about his average fans ability to get to see him. Outside of the east coast, it's easy to understand why his star doesn't shine so brightly in the us anymore. U only have to look at the number of greatest hits packages he has released in recent years. Putting this tour on sale without even an album release date stinks of a money grab. I once had a discussion with an acquaintance who works for Aiken and was blaming them and this country for the high costs. He said it's the artist that's to blame, that he will consider his popularity in a particular country and set his fee accordingly. If it was the case that the size of the venue dictated the cost, having regard to his set fee, then the logical conclusion is that it would cost 400 to 500 to see him in many of the indoor arenas in the us where the usual capacity is about 15000. The truth is the artist has control of the price (and Bruce has always kept tight control of his music/work). That's my rant over. As I say I am a huge fan, have seen him about 30 times and met him twice. The fact that I am not buying tickets for this show is an indication of how strongly I feel about this issue

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

dixiefly wrote: »
    [a midweek] concert ... and the prices will probably mean that it wont sell as quickly as 2009.

... which, in turn, didn't sell as well as 2008.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Tickets bought, wasnt hard

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Got standing tickets :D:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Done:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭corm500

Just got 2 tickets. They may be the most expensive standing tickets I have ever bought .......but it is The Boss. And I have never seen him live :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

corm500 wrote: »
    Just got 2 tickets. They may be the most expensive standing tickets I have ever bought .......but it is The Boss. And I have never seen him live :)

managed to get three, it will be my first boss gig to, can't wait now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Bought 2 best available... Sitting, but sure, there ya go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Two in the bag. Be sure to enjoy it at this price! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Picked up a couple there myself, can't wait for this gig! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Got 3 standing tickets, that was easier than expected

• Registered Users Posts: 38,027 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

damn it stuck in line waiting. probly sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Two tickets bought. Nearly had a fit when I was asked for my SecureCode :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

PTH2009 wrote: »
    damn it stuck in line waiting. probly sold out

nah you'll be fine i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Waiting time 9 minutes:(

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭musicmania

Have mine :D Standing of course! Was waiting a couple of mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭maninblack

Chances of more dates??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭mossie

musicmania wrote: »
    Have mine :D Standing of course! Was waiting a couple of mins!

Got mine took less than a minute from 9:)

nah i wont be i have standing tickets and there all gone id say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

wait time is now 15 minutes for a ticket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

sameas that loggedin bang on 9 and still in Q-wtf is that about

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

3 for Hyde Park, easy enough done.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭big_show

4 got, second date coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

Got 4 for pitch. Very quick compared to previous years, though for about a minute, I thought Ticketmaster was going to hang on me. Blood Pressure returning to normal.

Hopefully, second night in the offing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

sameas that loggedin bang on 9 and still in Q-wtf is that about
    9 minutes in the queue. Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

3 for Hyde Park, easy enough done.

How? I want tickets for that gig... I thought they weren't on sale till Saturday?

no hope. it froze on me

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

9 minutes in the queue. Why?

The amount of traffic on the site. In 2009, I was at 12 minutes and still got a ticket. Hang in there, mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Yes 4 Standing Tickets :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

BOOM! :D

Advertisement