Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Nothing for the CL final winners tho :( RIP Moments Origi.

Might see him at 7 or tomorrow?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Another Lucas special card :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Blazer wrote: »
    Might see him at 7 or tomorrow?

I hope so. I’ll give him a try in WL :pac:

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Another Lucas special card :rolleyes:

By all accounts it’s supposed to really fit the so called meta.
    But even still it means nothing to me.
    If it was Firminho now I’d definitely go for it but a spurs player? Meh.
    Wouldn’t mind but I’m a magpie fan.
    I just want a Les Ferdinand, Peter Beardsley, David Ginola icon card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

5-6 so far. 4-4-2 is very good, nice to have two strikers for a change. Gonna stick with it. Insigne has 15 goals in 11. Just a pity Trezeguet can't keep up, just the two goals thus far but is weighing in with assists at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,554 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Blazer wrote: »
    By all accounts it’s supposed to really fit the so called meta.
    But even still it means nothing to me.
    If it was Firminho now I’d definitely go for it but a spurs player? Meh.
    Wouldn’t mind but I’m a magpie fan.
    I just want a Les Ferdinand, Peter Beardsley, David Ginola icon card.

So frustrating that half.the icons in the game are unusuable, Shearer's been in for ages but he's useless.

So frustrating that half.the icons in the game are unusuable, Shearer's been in for ages but he's useless.

I just did a mid icon pack out of sheer boredom and got Baggio. Another player ruined by EA.

Although I’m tempted to put together an icon tram just for laughs, cheapest icons going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

4-6 the weather's too nice to commit to a lot of games. Prob should have won 1 of those games I lost, went to extra time and folded. The other 3 I was pretty much hammered in.

Some of the sides I've come up against are unplayable. I'm using TOTSSF Leno in goal at the moment and to be fair, he's kept me in most games. Defensive brain farts lose them for me. Be lucky to get to 6 wins I'd say, but I'll aim for 8. Hungover too tomorrow won't help.

12-8 at the moment, not too bad. Went on a losing streak earlier where I just couldn’t score with all the chances I’ve had. Bright side, Di Maria is finding his feet. Not many direct goal contributions but his movement and dribbling feels unreal. Same with Insigne, who’s finishing is phenomenal.. just lacks a bit of strength.

Sold the players I bought over the weekend.
    Only one I will miss is Son, 28 goals in 16 WL is the highest goal ratio I’ve ever gotten in WL.
    If he was Brazilian or one of the other popular nations this card would be 2mil plus without a doubt.
    Not sure where to go next as regards my team.
    Will wait till Thursday for my red picks and see what I get before deciding I suppose.

Although looking at the market Shevenko’s PIM card is only 375k... bloody hell.
    Definitely giving that a shot as he got a high work rate upgrade.

Decided to try out my mid baggio and he’s a fun card to use. 5* skills and killer passes.
    There’s really nothing left to play for in Fifa after this week so might as well get some enjoyment out of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

is next week the best totssf?

From 10-9 to 11-14. Not good.

Every game is people playing Adama, Kent, etc.

Needed 4 from 11 and now need 3 from 5. Not exactly confident.

7-2 with the Seapánach team but the game's felt bad every game this weekend

7-2 with the Seapánach team but the game's felt bad every game this weekend

Friday was grand but yesterday felt awful.
    Players like Aguero and Son was making great runs into the box etc and scoring for fun but yesterday they were a pale shadow of themselves.
    Hell Son would have got about 40 goals except for the crap servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

10-4 to 10-6.

First game the matchmaking immediately loads into a match against a guy with prime Eusebio. He'd just hit first time finesse shots with him and wait for that stupid animation where your defender lunges to make a block twenty minutes after the ball hits the net.

Second game guy has red TOTS Ramos and PIM Maldini in defence. I'm doing better than him with his TOTS Courtouis saving him when his TOTS Lautauro walks straight into my TOTS Robertson who gets a straight red card :confused::mad:

Might stop at 11 since I'm pretty sick of it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Gyan84 wrote: »
    10-4 to 10-6.

First game the matchmaking immediately loads into a match against a guy with prime Eusebio. He'd just hit first time finesse shots with him and wait for that stupid animation where your defender lunges to make a block twenty minutes after the ball hits the net.

Second game guy has red TOTS Ramos and PIM Maldini in defence. I'm doing better than him with his TOTS Courtouis saving him when his TOTS Lautauro walks straight into my TOTS Robertson who gets a straight red card :confused::mad:

Might stop at 11 since I'm pretty sick of it tbh.

I stopped playing after 7 games I was so sick of it. Weathers too good this weekend. I’ll play next weekend for ultimate TOTS but I’d say that’ll be the end of FUT champs for me.

GavK wrote: »
    II’ll play next weekend for ultimate TOTS but I’d say that’ll be the end of FUT champs for me.

Feels like it will be for a lot of people. Wonder what they'll do with rewards for after that.

I presume there will be a "Team of the Rest of the Season" in a few weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

14-14

Was 11-8 and good chance of 17 but lost 6 of next 7.....eek!!

An absolute sweat fest today, I usually give away wins once I can’t reach next level but as almost everyone I came up against was an ars*hole I just thought “nah fcuk yis, grind your own this week”

Shocking. Played 5 lost 5. Done with it. Seemed to get matched with much better players every time but no complaints from me. Didn't get a kick. Not very enjoyable!! Off out into the sun :)

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Shocking. Played 5 lost 5. Done with it. Seemed to get matched with much better players every time but no complaints from me. Didn't get a kick. Not very enjoyable!! Off out into the sun :)

Left me at a 4-11 btw ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Yep, get out there and enjoy real life rather than getting tormented at fifa.

Day for a bbq and beer :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I was 15 wins with 2 games to go, scraped 2 wins to get to 17.

I'm literally a mess right now....

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Yep, get out there and enjoy real life rather than getting tormented at fifa.

Day for a bbq and beer :)

Definitely! Terrible weekend to redeem the points ha ha !

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Got one win and decided 11 was where I'm stopping.

1-5 for the day and I felt I should have won at least 4 of the six.

Last match was 3-3 in when he passes it straight at my van dijk who manages to scuff it in such an exact way that it becomes a perfect lobbed through ball for his striker.

There's no way this game isn't designed to be frustrating to tempt people into spending fifa points, although this year it makes me more likely to snap the disc in half :pac:

Not a good WL. Only myself to blame for not getting to at least 14 wins. Wasn't clinical enough, needed four or five chances to score at times to my opponents one.

5qKBlyx.png

My team needs some surgery. Trezeguet finished the last 10 games well but overall his card has being nerfed with the introduction of TOTSSF defenders. He's thrown off the ball far too easily and can't hold it up. Insigne is clinical in the box but is a midget, so the ball didn't stick up front at all. Teixeria is a good option off the bench. Will look to get someone big and powerful beside Insigne, pity I couldn't afford the Lukaku SCB.

I like Birthday Lozano but he's not suited for playing in a 4-4-2. Will look to bring in someone else for him, possibly Nedved. Same goes for Gattuso, 4-4-2 doesn't suit him, needs to play CDM or nowhere else. Played Hakimi wide right, he's lightning fast, I just need to improve my crossing to get the best out of him.

Definitely sticking with the 4-4-2 for a while. It's much more fun playing with two strikers and there's a good balance.

Not a good WL. Only myself to blame for not getting to at least 14 wins. Wasn't clinical enough, needed four or five chances to score at times to my opponents one.

5qKBlyx.png

My team needs some surgery. Trezeguet finished the last 10 games well but overall his card has being nerfed with the introduction of TOTSSF defenders. He's thrown off the ball far too easily and can't hold it up. Insigne is clinical in the box but is a midget, so the ball didn't stick up front at all. Teixeria is a good option off the bench. Will look to get someone big and powerful beside Insigne, pity I couldn't afford the Lukaku SCB.

I like Birthday Lozano but he's not suited for playing in a 4-4-2. Will look to bring in someone else for him, possibly Nedved. Same goes for Gattuso, 4-4-2 doesn't suit him, needs to play CDM or nowhere else. Played Hakimi wide right, he's lightning fast, I just need to improve my crossing to get the best out of him.

Definitely sticking with the 4-4-2 for a while. It's much more fun playing with two strikers and there's a good balance.

Found the same with trezeguet. Was really good last few weeks but today nothing would stick with him. Big big difference.

Found the same with trezeguet. Was really good last few weeks but today nothing would stick with him. Big big difference.

Yep, he was getting flung around like an empty tracksuit :D Pity as it's a card I liked but you need someone with more strength to fend off the tanks that you're facing in WL.

On 12-8 so will go for 14 later on this evening when people are more impatient :pac: will see from there whether or not I’ll go for 17.

14-15, and happy to be done. Every team was trying the same counter attack stuff. Some destroyed me. Some were so lazar focused on getting a ball to one player, they became ultra easy to mark.

Haaland stats after two weekend leagues.

68 games. 65 goals. 47 assists.

Given the number of rage quits, disconnects, etc that make up the game total, I cannot be happier with him. I never have a striker with a near 1:1 ration for that long...

• Advertisement

PIM Nakata is so feckin bad, I've dropped him for Yamaguchi

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement